Sponsored

Just leaked... youtube with a time slip

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Minor info only FYI:

The article says the trans shifted into 7th gear at around 7500 rpm shortly before the traps. It was probably in 6th gear based on gearing calcs (GTPP 10A with 3.55 gears and oem 751 revs per mile tires). The video sound/light appears to indicate 5 shifts before the lights.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
True enough. What almost no one wants to ever talk about is the difference in ET versus who is driving - especially true with manual transmission cars. Not to mention altitude / humidity / track conditions. Way back when the LS powered 4th Gen F-Body's started to hit the local tracks, there were two identical Camaro SS. Only difference was color and driver.

A guy I know told his buddy "Hey that SS just ran 4 tenths faster than yours. Wonder what he's done to it?" A bit later, the driver of the SS in question walks up with a friend of mine. We're talking and the drive of the other T56 SS car says "Hey man I saw what you ran, what have you done to it?"

Guy looks at him funny. "Nothing."

The other SS owner could not believe it.

Now the variance with Auto cars should be less - but I've seen the same thing recently with a couple of Corvettes. The owner of the "slower" Vette flat out told the other guy he was lying and must have modded something. The guy responded with "Let me drive your car. If I can't get close to the same time slip, something has to be wrong with your car."

The guy left the track right after that.

Funny thing, the very first time I was on a drag strip I ran the best time ever in my car(12.19 @ 116mph, tune and catback 2011 5.0) while other guys with similarly modded cars were stuck in the 13.0's spinning like crazy off the line. Before I left for the day I let my girlfriend at the time make a pass and she clicked off a 12.7 @ 115mph, also never having been on a drag strip before. Guys there assumed I was still driving until she stepped out of the car......they were not too happy.

Evan J. Smith

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Mustang
Minor info only FYI:

The article says the trans shifted into 7th gear at around 7500 rpm shortly before the traps. It was probably in 6th gear based on gearing calcs (GTPP 10A with 3.55 gears and oem 751 revs per mile tires). The video sound/light appears to indicate 5 shifts before the lights.
You are correct, I crossed in 6th, not 7th.

Evan

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
True, but during testing like this I am not at all concerned with reaction time. I'm focused on shallow staging and having the rpm exactly where I want it for maximum performance. Reaction time has no effect on ET.

Evan
How much do you think a carbon drive shaft, slicks and skinnies will help? It would be cool to see this in the 10’s with no power mods. I think with some exceptional traction it’s totally doable if we strip it down by ditching the seats, carpet, speakers, and anything in the trunk.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lund got it down to 11.3 pretty easily. It won't be hard to put it in the 10s with some exhaust and weight reduction on top of lunds mods.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
[ame]

"Not stock!"

Even though it says the mods on the description :D

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
I just love the fact that Evan and Ken are here!

Pifffft track prep...ref "rental tracks".. I have ran on tracks with "prep on kill" on street rubber and pulled 2.2-2.3 60's. Then I've ran on tracks that are no prep or very little and pulled 1.9's on the same tires. I have a set of Hoosier D6's waiting for spring.

That said, trust me, I am not the "driver mod" but I am working on it. LOL

Except the facts though, these cars are fast as sh*t for 2018!

Sponsored