Sponsored

Just installed Procharger Stage II, Advice/Help please!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

White_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT/PP
So guys just had my Stage II Pro-charger installed today, everything sounds great and looks great but i don't know if maybe i was expecting a whole lot out of the box or if i have an issue? I don't feel like i gained much, maybe i'm not use to centrifugal but it feels like it pulls just as it did just with a whine/whistle now. Second, It feels like when i punch it (not even WOT) it "sputters" or "lags" (sorry I cant find the proper term) to get going, sorta like when its cold in the morning and it doesn't feel so right till it warms up, that issue. I'm sure 90% problem (worries) could be me and also need a tuner to get a hold of it. All im currently running on the car right now is a lethal resonator delete and a roush catback. This is not a post to bag procharger or anything of the sort! Was a GREAT put together kit and awesome customer service with any issue (which was bare non) So please any advice or help be great guys/gals. Be easy on me haha im not new to mustangs but new to Centrifugal.
Thanks All
Sponsored

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
You might have a boost leak or something could be wrong with the belt slipping. I'd definitely be gentle and limit your driving, or at least the WOT. Based on the gains people have posted I feel like you should definitely feel more power. Hopefully team beefcake or procharger can help you out. Also a full blown dyno tune should help troubleshoot.

Sorry this is going to be a little off topic. Did you by chance get the red racing valve as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theereverand

Theereverand
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Congrats on your supercharger install. First place to start is to make sure your tune is installed properly along with fuel injectors that came with your kit. If you are sputtering it is possible you are going lean. Check your tune! Do not drive the car into boost if it is going lean or you will blow your motor. Next check to make certain you have no boost leaks.

Rev

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
You did install the tune, right?

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Also in another build thread someone said that centri superchargers feel like a really strong na car. That might answer your question to it not feeling as powerful. Did you own a turbo car before?

Sponsored

OP
OP

White_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did have a professional shop install this to not come to these problems, see as if i did not skip that part ha, felt a little iffy after they had my car for 3 days and DIY guys doing in 8 hours. I believe they have install the tune properly from what i have been told. I will double check with that and prob go to another shop/tuner to double check everything is my only option i am left with i guess.

I did have them install a colder set of plugs but i assume that would not cause this feeling? I guess the correct word is bogging down and hesitant when pushing into the pedal.

No i did not put the red race valve on yet, that is currently being shipped.

It does feel strong but just in the way like you said i guess like a NA car, maybe i was expecting something else, but i know i should feel more power ha. Yes i have had twin turbo cars.

So two dumb questions then. Would i be able to see the belt slip cause it looks like its on there pretty damn solid. Also could i hear a boost leak? (doubtful right)

Apollo_1092

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I hope you get it figured out quickly. My last car was a turbo too and from what I understand the power deliverance is different with this type of supercharger so you won't feel the kick that you felt with a turbo.

Belt slip I'm not completely sure how to check. Hopefully someone with more knowledge there will chime in. For boost leaks sometimes you can hear it. Smoke tests and dyno runs I believe are how you really check for those. I would give procharger a call tomorrow and see if they can help. Again I hope it's nothing major and it gets fixed quickly and smoothly.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Did they gap the plugs to the right specs? I'm experiencing the same thing between 2k and 4k rpms. It's sputter like crazy. Once I'm above 4k it starts to pull hard.

OP
OP

White_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
thanks guys, will be going to a tuner tomorrow then for sure, hopefully they can fit me in.

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Well a stage 2 kit or a H.O. Kit you will 100% know it's forced induction! Put it on a dyno ASAP!

Sponsored
OP
OP

White_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charged : that's pretty much exactly whats happening to mine in that RPM range. My plugs where gaped to .35 which is the correct gap i was informed? correct? They were recommended by pro-charger to swap so i assume those are OK for the tune.

Have you heard anything for yours particularly? how long have you had yours?

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I've had mine over 2 months and at first it was only when the vehicle was cold now it's doing it all the time. It drives like complete crap. I think it's in the tune. I'm pulling my bumper off for the third time tomorrow to check everything is nice and tight. I know mines not a boost leak because I'm getting right at 8lbs of boost. I will be very interested if u can get a tune tomorrow to see if that's what it is.

Last edited:

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It would be great if all of us could meet up that are in San Diego/Orange County with our ProCharged cars. We could resolve lots of issues all at once! Let's do it!

TwinTurboMustang.net

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I believe there are about 6 of us.

OP
OP

White_Lightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would be all over that, or a group dyno tuning day as well.. We all seem to have some sort of issue. I will be going tomorrow to RET in Downey to speak with them and see where i stand.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.