Sponsored

Just installed Procharger Stage II, Advice/Help please!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
If the sputtering is during part throttle then the MAF cal and throttle settings are slightly off, had the same issue with mine during custom tuning and still working it out. It's tricky to nail down if the tuner is not sitting on the dyno with the car, since SCT and HPTuners as well as Diablo cannot scan for the right parameter to get the throttle body to behave properly in a blow through configuration. It's more of a "by feel" tuning.

If it's when you punch it, then thats some tip in spark settings.

If it's just not explosive as you'd originally think, centri blowers gain speed with rpm, its a massive kick in the face around 4500 rpm.
Sponsored

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
So guys just had my Stage II Pro-charger installed today, everything sounds great and looks great but i don't know if maybe i was expecting a whole lot out of the box or if i have an issue? I don't feel like i gained much, maybe i'm not use to centrifugal but it feels like it pulls just as it did just with a whine/whistle now. Second, It feels like when i punch it (not even WOT) it "sputters" or "lags" (sorry I cant find the proper term) to get going, sorta like when its cold in the morning and it doesn't feel so right till it warms up, that issue. I'm sure 90% problem (worries) could be me and also need a tuner to get a hold of it. All im currently running on the car right now is a lethal resonator delete and a roush catback. This is not a post to bag procharger or anything of the sort! Was a GREAT put together kit and awesome customer service with any issue (which was bare non) So please any advice or help be great guys/gals. Be easy on me haha im not new to mustangs but new to Centrifugal.
Thanks All

There are several of us that are having the same problem. Most likely the tune, I personally have contacted ProCharger and supplied a couple data logs but have yet to hear back. I am starting to be bothered by that.

Check out this thread.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19934

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I'm also having the same problem. I installed my Procharger this past weekend and it just doesn't feel like I thought it would. When I go WOT it just feels real laggy throughout the whole power band. I'm also getting traction in every gear on street tires. I have taken the bumper off twice to try to fix any boost leaks there might be but I think it's all in the tune. I'll probably be sending Procharger a couple data logs today.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
The number of people having this issue is very interesting indeed. Curious to see what the response is from Procharger.

Chargedguard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
It sucks that we are all having this issue but I'm glad to know its not just me. For a long time I was the only one complaining about this. I thought I had done something wrong but apparently not.

Sponsored

bobbyh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The number of people having this issue is very interesting indeed. Curious to see what the response is from Procharger.
I agree. I see a bunch of people spending a lot of money that shouldn't be having any problems.

Isn't there a Procharger rep on here? I would think they should be addressing this ASAP as there seems to be a pattern here.

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I'm also having the same problem. I installed my Procharger this past weekend and it just doesn't feel like I thought it would. When I go WOT it just feels real laggy throughout the whole power band. I'm also getting traction in every gear on street tires. I have taken the bumper off twice to try to fix any boost leaks there might be but I think it's all in the tune. I'll probably be sending Procharger a couple data logs today.

I supercharged my 2007 stang back in the day and I was not getting traction at all if I punched it. Only turbo/supercharged car that I know that gets really good traction are wrx/evo/audi all wheel drive cars. Seems with this car and a procharger you would be melting tires in 1st and 2nd and possibly 3rd. Actually my automatic without supercharger will burnout at will pretty much.

I hope you get this resolved because I would be real salty if I had a supercharged stang that was not lighting them up at will... :brokenheart:

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I agree. I see a bunch of people spending a lot of money that shouldn't be having any problems.

Isn't there a Procharger rep on here? I would think they should be addressing this ASAP as there seems to be a pattern here.
I also hope that other tuners are reading these. There is a problem with the tune and the more info out there the better.

Unfortunately, here in the Seattle area, there are not any tuners I know of that I trust.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I also hope that other tuners are reading these. There is a problem with the tune and the more info out there the better.

Unfortunately, here in the Seattle area, there are not any tuners I know of that I trust.
I think the diablo intune that comes with the kit might pose problems as well; my understanding is you cannot lock tunes with it. So you are not going to get guys like Lund making tunes for it. Not sure if a local guy would be as concerned about locking the tune if he did a custom tune for you. Maybe?

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I think the diablo intune that comes with the kit might pose problems as well; my understanding is you cannot lock tunes with it. So you are not going to get guys like Lund making tunes for it. Not sure if a local guy would be as concerned about locking the tune if he did a custom tune for you. Maybe?
I plan on switching tuning units as soon as the quirks are worked out with the others.

I was only planning on getting by with the intune. I am ok with a tune not living up to potential but am not ok with downright poor performance. I really am surprised by how bad its performing.

Sponsored

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I plan on switching tuning units as soon as the quirks are worked out with the others.

I was only planning on getting by with the intune. I am ok with a tune not living up to potential but am not ok with downright poor performance. I really am surprised by how bad its performing.
Ya if anything, this is making my decision to get a tuner before getting a Procharger easier. And just going with the tuner kit when the time comes.

Process

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Porsche 911 Turbo S & 2016 Shelby GT350R
If you guys are running procharger's tune, it's very very lackluster, just a FYI.

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
My does the same thing at partial throttle, I outlined it in my review. At WOT it is 100% smooth. It seems like everyone with the canned procharger tune is experiencing this.

If this can be resolved by ProCharger updating the tune, I will be pleased, and would probably just drive the car for the summer on this tune.

If not, I will be ordering headers and getting custom remote tuned by BeefCake VERY shortly.

RE no power: Have you data logged boost? Any codes? There seems to be a little confusion regarding what you are experiencing. Are you reffering to the generalized partial throttle issue that we're all running into, or are you experiencing an actual misfire (which is distinctly different than the partial throttle issue feel)

argile2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
My does the same thing at partial throttle, I outlined it in my review. At WOT it is 100% smooth. It seems like everyone with the canned procharger tune is experiencing this.

If this can be resolved by ProCharger updating the tune, I will be pleased, and would probably just drive the car for the summer on this tune.

If not, I will be ordering headers and getting custom remote tuned by BeefCake VERY shortly.

RE no power: Have you data logged boost? Any codes? There seems to be a little confusion regarding what you are experiencing. Are you reffering to the generalized partial throttle issue that we're all running into, or are you experiencing an actual misfire (which is distinctly different than the partial throttle issue feel)

Bath, did you send in any logs yet?

BathS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 50th with PP
Bath, did you send in any logs yet?
Not yet. Ive been dealing with an unexpected health issue thats been a bit crazy, so hopefully by the end of the week I can.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.