Sponsored

Just how much better looking is the 2015 Mustang in person?

docprego

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium Magnetic/Ebony
I've tried everything I can think of to see one in person, so far unsuccessfully. I read a lot of comments about how photos don't do the car justice.

Crank my excitement up to an astronomical level. If you have seen the car in person, in your own words tell me just how incredible it looks.

Thanks!
Sponsored

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
It's almost as if it's a different car in person, which makes it kind of hard to describe. When you do see it in person, try to make sure that you see the GT. The fangs just tie the whole design together.

Really, it has a certain presence that cannot be captured by pictures. The best pictures have certainly come from shots from an downward angle, not the usual get as low as possible and tilt the camera angle. If you stood on a small step ladder and took a picture, you'll know what I mean. But it may be awkward to take a step ladder to a car show or dealership, so I would advise against that.

Pictures also have a hard time of showing ALL of the body lines. Ignot Silver has been doing a better job at this, as the shadow on lighter colors tend to accentuate body lines. That may be why everyone is falling in love with it after only seeing pictures on the internet. In person you can really see how all of the body lines tie together, and ties into the fangs (like I said, you haven't seen it until you see the GT).

TL;DR: Pictures do the car no justice.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
As far as the interior goes, two things that pictures don't show; the comfort of the seats. You will be blown away by how great they are. Also the roomy cabin area(front seats only!). I'm 6'2", head, shoulder, and leg room all felt immense.

EleanorsBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I posted two videos on this thread that should help give you some sense of how incredible the car is in person: http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php/2015s-mustang-alley-3055.html

One videos is me sitting behind the wheel, shot with Google Glass. The other is a walkaround of a running Limited Edition GT, with none other than Chief Engineer Dave Pericek sitting in the drivers seat.

I'll tell you one thing - when I got out of the car, I did NOT want to walk away. It honestly had some pull on me that I have not experienced with any other car.

Sponsored

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
You get a sense of how muscular this car is when you see it person versus how sleek and refined it appears in pictures.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I am about to see this car today for the SEVENTH time in person. The sculpting that went into the lines of the car are something I cannot wait to experience just washing it.

I heard various comments from people around what they like and don't like (front end, back end, wheels, etc.) that have been posted here. However, if you have been on a mission to get one of these cars, I believe that you will absolutely cement your decision to purchase.

For me, seeing all of the elements in person without the effect of a camera lens in front of it, and getting the time to study it, only reinforces me early decision after seeing the initial Ford photos back in December.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I've tried everything I can think of to see one in person, so far unsuccessfully. I read a lot of comments about how photos don't do the car justice.

Crank my excitement up to an astronomical level. If you have seen the car in person, in your own words tell me just how incredible it looks.
My Thought's

Allerick

First Time Mustang Buyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang (DIB 2.3T w/ Ceramic Int.)
Just to temper your expectations a little bit, I didn't think it was THAT different in person. I will not deny that I thought it looked better in person, and the car really does have presence that just isn't captured in pictures. However, I would not go as far to say that it is an entirely different car in person. That's just my opinion; I mean no offense to those of you who felt that way. I actually felt that the interior was the most different from the pictures. They just can't really capture what it feels like to sit in it. I am sure you will get your chance to see it once it hits the dealers. Don't get your expectations too high though because you may come away disappointed. Don't get me wrong. I was in no way disappointed by what I saw, but I also really liked the pictures of the car already.

Mustangchief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Kona Blue GT
I'm a Mustangholic, therapy doesn't work. I've sat in or driven some really really great Mustangs. There are only a few Mustangs out there that can intoxicate me.

I've seen a few now, Black, Ruby Red, WW LE, TY, and Race Red. I think it looks the same as in the pictures, but there is a special aura when you are up close and personal. It is like when you meet someone famous like Clint Eastwood, he looks different in person, because of the depth (I think that is why everyone thinks it looks better, it's hard to capture depth in one dimension), but what is really different is the aura of something mystical. I think it is what people felt at the Worlds Fair in 64 or the very first time they saw one in person felt. You just know there is something very special about to happen, but you have no idea what part this car will play. Just like Clint, after spending a few minutes in his presence you realize how humble he is, this car is the same way. More power, torque and features than any other car in its price league but it doesn't appear arrogant. It is an experience you need to complete yourself.

Sponsored

aladams713

RMCS(SS) USN Ret.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metalic 5.0 w/50 year pack
I saw a yellow one Friday.

Thanks!
I saw a Yellow Ecoboost Premium at the Ford Dealership in Franklin, TN. It was there for dealership training. I believe it looked a lot better then pictures I've seen. I liked it a lot more then I thought I would. They were not allowed to turn it over but I was able to sit in it. I'm partially disabled (nerve damaged in my legs and feet) so I've been concern about how hard it would be to get in and out of the car. I was very pleased to see I had no problem at all. I have a 2012 GT Premium now and because of my disability I have to drive an automatic :rant:. Now that I know entry is no problem I'll get serious about whether to get another GT Premium or go with the Ecoboost. BTW, I'm 70. Any thoughts?

Old 5 Oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium AT
I saw the Ingot Silver PP GT at Fabulous Fords Forever in April. Better in real life, for sure. I think the rear 3/4 view is stunning. The width of the "shoulders," and the retro (69-70) design of the rear end are just perfect for me.

IS is a great color. (If my wife didn't HATE silver, I might have chosen it for my car.)

I am really looking forward to sitting in the seats and just "feeling" the interior, but I am trusting that the quality is there and will be better than anything we've had to date (which has been fine with me.)

Ruin

Scouts Out!
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.froglevelbrewing.com
Vehicle(s)
15: GT/PP - TY
I've seen a black GT and a WW LE in person. It is a stunning vehicle for sure. However, I just don't think it's radically different from pictures. Feeling the "presence" is certainly noticeable. It's a head turner for sure! But, for me, it was exactly what I was expecting to see. It also made me even more furious that the WW and matching interior was only available on the LE (what a crime), and that they didn't keep my favorite: Gotta Have it Green. That's the only reason I'd move this car from an A+ to an A-, well, that and that goofy dash section over the MFT screen where the vents/gauges are, it's just "bulgy" and awkward.

Still, none of those things have moved me off of this car (not even some VERY appealing offers from the local Chevy dealership). As the tired old saying goes: Ford fired the first shot of the pony wars, and they've hit a bullseye.

Now I'm just ready to head to my dealership and sit in it during dealer training!

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Its so hard to say why the car is so much better in person. Especially as it looks so awesome in the pictures.
When I went to Goodwood I literally made a beeline for the Ford stand. I walked past other exotic cars just to get to the Mustang and when I did, it was hard not to drop to my knees! I just looked at it and then at my sons and then back at the car and we all just had our jaws on the floor an grins from ear to ear. It just look s perfect. There is nothing about it that I would change!

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
I Concur with those that have said it's not Drastically Different from the Pictures. But it is So Much Better in Person. The Camera just cannot capture the Detail and Sculptured Quality the S -550 has. Pictures just Do Not give you the Impression that You Get of just how Amazing it Looks and Feels sitting in front of You. It definitely has an Exotic Beauty to it that has been missing since the 60's but elevated to a higher level. I know it's Cliché but the overall impression that I felt was the same I got seeing my first Aston Martin DB-9. It just has that kind of Stance and Aura about it, while still being UNMISTAKABLY Mustang. I remember reading a quote from. Jack Telnack (Ford's Head Designer for the Fox and Father of the Ford Aero Design Movement) when he called the 2015 Mustang "Stunning" and that Really Is the Best way to describe it.
Sponsored