Sponsored

Just got rear ended... and she doesn't want to go through insurance?

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
So yea let this be a lesson to everyone, unless you know exactly how much the damage is going to cost and the person is willing to go to the bank with you and give you cash, go through insurance...
Sponsored

free

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andre
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Damn that sucks OP, I'm willing to bet she has done this to a few people before. She could be crying up a river for all I care, no sympathy unless the damage is very minor. Hope it all works out in the end for you brotha!

Vile_the_Bastage

of Clan Bastage
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Internet Legend
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Insurance. Get your car rental and decreased value.

You don't owe her shit.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Damn sorry to hear OP, wish she was at least hotter....

All jokes aside, this bitch needs to be off the road, hopefully you got a pic of her license.

kwpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach1
I could see this coming a mile away. When OP stated in opening post how the girl reacted and the circumstances it was obvious what was coming.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
stop wasting your time dealing with her insurance company. Yes, you will initially have to pay the deductible but you pay premiums to your insurance company and believe me they will get both their money and your deductible back from her insurance company.
^^This may be your cheapest way out. A lawyer would could cost thousands. Plus, all the court appearances and going back and forth to the lawyer's office. Just a hassle. See if your insurance company can help you out. Hopefully that bitch is off the road soon before she seriously hurts someone. She sounds dangerous on the roads.
Good luck OP!!!

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
Good luck. I have been in the collision repair business for many years. Your insurance compenay will probably not waste the time going after her. I had customers with worse damage than that and the insurance company paid the claim and moved onto the next. Unless there was bodily injury, they look at it as costing them more money in time than worth.
SUCKS! They can stand to loose every now and then. Believe me it is not that often they loose money.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
Good luck. I have been in the collision repair business for many years. Your insurance compenay will probably not waste the time going after her. I had customers with worse damage than that and the insurance company paid the claim and moved onto the next. Unless there was bodily injury, they look at it as costing them more money in time than worth.
SUCKS! They can stand to loose every now and then. Believe me it is not that often they loose money.
Not true. Every dollar counts. Carriers collect back millions no mater how small. They have large seperate units doing just this.

BlueThunder

***ding Rookie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silver Mustang PP1 Manual (former 2015 GT Auto)
Never ever do what you just did. You get the cops involved for anything like that. Never know what type of serious damage you might have.

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
“Are your tail lights tinted with vinyl film?”

Yes they are, I got them from Anchor Room and installed them myself over a year ago. Still look good.

I'd remove the tint before any insurance adjuster saw it.

Sponsored

GJarrett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
..... because, they will wonder if the lack of a properly bright brake light assisted in failing to catch her already divided attention. And the answer will be probably yes. There is a reason not to tint brake lights. You might be learning that lesson right now.

furiousfuria

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT/CS Premium
Damn reading this whole thread made me cringe, I know it was your first time but most people out there just are not trustworthy enough to do this without insurance involved. Hell, I have friends who I wouldn't allow to go around insurance if they hit me. I'm lucky enough to be on my 3rd car without an accident, but if I got hit you can bet I'd have a ton of pics, cops and insurance involved to make sure it got fixed asap! Learning experience for next time!

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

You can print an accident checklist and put that in the glove compartment. Then if you get in accident, just go down the checklist. That's better than trying to remember what to do when you might be under stress.

I don't think you would have to get a lawyer. Either her insurance company will take care of things, or else you can file on your own insurance, and let them get their lawyers after her insurance. They will know how collect better than you will.

Bro, any suggestions for an accident checklist? Do you have one typed up?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
“Are your tail lights tinted with vinyl film?”

Yes they are, I got them from Anchor Room and installed them myself over a year ago. Still look good.

I'd remove the tint before any insurance adjuster saw it.
This, then delete the pics you put up on the forum.
Sponsored