Sponsored

Just got a call back regarding a GT500 inquiry months ago.... ADM dropped from 15k to 5k.

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Anyone of us would do the same as the dealerships do with their adm's. Supply and demand will drive the prices of the 500's. Don't like the price, move along. Don't like the build quality move along. I love it when guys demand a dirt cheap products or services when they have no idea the blood, sweat and tears that go into developement and execution.
Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Anyone of us would do the same as the dealerships do with their adm's. Supply and demand will drive the prices of the 500's. Don't like the price, move along. Don't like the build quality move along. I love it when guys demand a dirt cheap products or services when they have no idea the blood, sweat and tears that go into developement and execution.
I love it when guys assume things about others that aren't even remotely correct. I just state my subjective facts and my opinion. To have it implied that I know nothing about the costs of developing and executing car builds is interesting...especially when you don't know a thing about me. If you wanna pay a 10k ADM on a 100k car that has improperly aligned body panels then take your own advice...for me, I think it was bad enough to buy 3 new cars from Ford for far less than that 100k amount and had to deal with all of the cars having such noticeable flaws that stick out like a sore thumb (like the Shelby in Leno's video at 23:04....if you don't mind that lack of quality, then PT Barnum was right when he said this:
external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

Bangarang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver GT 500 (L0545), 2018 Ford Raptor, 2003 Honda Accord Coupe EX-V6 6-Speed
I find it interesting that true statements about lack of quality so touches a nerve that somehow the person saying it, must be some sort of commie who is mindless. Yes, I bought cars with paint issues and not properly aligned body panels...but those cars were: 34k, 22k and 25k respectively ('18 GT, '18 FiST & a '17 FoST) so the lack of quality isn't as big an issue at those price points...don't get all bent out of shape that I point out at 23:04 in Leno's video where the brand new GT500 also obviously suffers from the same fate...its laughable how bad an issue it really is, that you also see it on a 100k Shelby. I'd be pissed off if I ordered one and it came to me like my 34k base GT did...so pissed I'd not take delivery of it till it was fixed which should never happen in the first place. Do I believe in capitalism? Well hell's bells yes! But this has nothing to do with capitalism really, at least the lack of quality doesn't but the ADM's do, and quite frankly that's just another issue that other car manufacturer's also blow it on in my opinion, anyone paying over MSRP for anything, despite the money they have to do so with, is just idiotic to me. But I'm also not a trendy person, I worked my ass off for my money, long, long hours for decades, and I'm not throwing it away for nothing...and I'm opinionated about it too, to the point I already know I'm done buying new Ford vehicles of any kind until I see a complete 180 turn around at Ford. But their catering to trends (Mach E) and even the issues inside the performance division shows, if it weren't for Ford's drivetrains, I'd have never bought the 3 new cars from them since May of '17 that I did. Ford's driveline's is the only thing that saves them from being a completely junk brand at this point when you compare them to the quality you see from both German and Japanese auto makers.
I’m not bent out of shape in the least. I think it’s hilarious that you have such quality control issues with a brand that you would buy 3 vehicles from them, LOL. Must be a masochist. And by the way, as upsetting as it is to me and many others, the ICE is going the way of the dinosaurs, so Ford making electric vehicles for the future is not a “trend”, it’s trying to stay ahead of the curve.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I’m not bent out of shape in the least. I think it’s hilarious that you have such quality control issues with a brand that you would buy 3 vehicles from them, LOL. Must be a masochist. And by the way, as upsetting as it is to me and many others, the ICE is going the way of the dinosaurs, so Ford making electric vehicles for the future is not a “trend”, it’s trying to stay ahead of the curve.
Well I'd be more worried about expressing my opinions if I hadn't bought 3 new cars from Ford....in fact, I'm damned if I do damned if I don't...I'm gonna be criticized and judged by you and others like you either way. I'd be a poser if I talked about lack of quality without making any purchases. I'd also be an idiot if I continued making the same purchases...but luckily Ford no longer wants to build cars for Americans, and I have no need to let go of my '18 GT any time soon, because its a fun car and the performance I get from it for under $50k total invested couldn't be matched if I decided to sell it for 1/2 that (which it unfortunately is worth if I did wanna sell it). So even though some people don't wanna acknowledge how big an issue Ford has with lack of quality, or giving 2 shits about greedy ADM's its a big deal to me....I worked hard for my money, and as I get older quality means more to me than it did in the past. But thanks for being polite with your disagreements, I do appreciate that, even though its doubtful you'll cede to me my points of view even though I think they are very valid points of criticism. I also couldn't help but notice your daily is a newer Honda Accord? I'd lay a dime on a dollar bet that you made that choice because you also wanna buy the best build/highest quality car for your dollar...so I think if you just think about the criticism I've discussed in this thread for a moment, you'll find my point of view is actually one that a lot of Ford car owners have right now.

JT1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The best thing Ford can do to mitigate ADMs is build the cars. I liked when Jameel came right out and said they'd build as many 13s as people would buy. I got a first run car delivered early, no ADM, and I'm sure that statement helped.

I wish they'd make as many CFTPs as possible, (and call them Rs so I don't have to keep typing CFTP... but I digress.) I wonder of the CF bits are a real a limitation?

Even though they made a lot of 13-14s, they seem just as rare as GT350s (which now, 5 model years later total more than 13-14s.

Sponsored

Snowwolfe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2017 Expedition, 2019 Honda Civic
Hmmmmm……..not true. the biggest Corvette dealers in the USA learned a long time ago if you want to sell a lot of cars and earn repeat customers you do not charge above MSRP.
The GT500 is going to be a hard sell if dealers charge any ADM. I can buy a 2020 C8 2LT for under $70K.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
I can buy a 2020 C8 2LT for under $70K.
Randy: Go for it, save some money, and leave us fools willing to pay ADM's to our misery. :-)

dark_termi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
^^^ I guess you missed the part where i said supply and demand will drive prices, once the cars start piling up at the dealerships you'll see adm's and sticker drop as well.

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Supra’s had big ADM....now they are sitting at dealerships and can be had for under MSRP now....all within two months of release. Not saying thst will happen with the 500, but it might. You can’t defeat economics of supply and demand (given a price point and what else you can get for your money) or bond inversions. We will learn about the second item in about 4 more months.

Sponsored

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Randy: Go for it, save some money, and leave us fools willing to pay ADM's to our misery. :-)
Scarlet was a home run. Liv is a triple.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If Ford limits allocations to dealers then the dealers will almost always charge ADM because they have no incentive to move the metal quickly. If Ford said, “ as soon as you sell one, we will send you another” the dealers would have incentive to sell as many as they could and would not charge ADM.

I believe that Ford does this on their “limited” vehicles in order to allow the dealers to make a bit of profit to cover all the volume sales that occur under MSRP.

The GT500 sounds like a really amazing car, so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully ADMs will be easier to work around than they were with the GT350, since the price of the car alone already puts it into Porsche and Vette territory.

-T

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
If Ford limits allocations to dealers then the dealers will almost always charge ADM because they have no incentive to move the metal quickly. If Ford said, “ as soon as you sell one, we will send you another” the dealers would have incentive to sell as many as they could and would not charge ADM.

I believe that Ford does this on their “limited” vehicles in order to allow the dealers to make a bit of profit to cover all the volume sales that occur under MSRP.

The GT500 sounds like a really amazing car, so it will be interesting to see how it all pans out. Hopefully ADMs will be easier to work around than they were with the GT350, since the price of the car alone already puts it into Porsche and Vette territory.

-T
Yea, the only thing is do you have any faith in bringing your 6 figure GT500 to the average Ford dealer for anything? Think about it. Right of off little Suzie’s base Fiesta and on to the GT 500 CFP!

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Yea, the only thing is do you have any faith in bringing your 6 figure GT500 to the average Ford dealer for anything? Think about it. Right of off little Suzie’s base Fiesta and on to the GT 500 CFP!
Couldnt agree more, I have major concerns about taking mine to the dealer for service and will most likely stay with the car while they do the work.
Also going to be "interviewing" dealers to make myself more at ease.
Sponsored