Sponsored

Just Got A Brand New Ecoboost Premium Convertible

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Chrokee / Honda CRV / 1996 Thunderbird
Well it only took two years but I finally got a Mustang Convertible. I originally posted here over two years ago how I was looking to purchase a convertible with a manual transmission. I stopped looking in the fall of 2020 because winter was coming so I figured I would resume the search in the spring of 2021. By that time the car market was getting to the insane markups on everything and although I kept an eye out for something I wasn't really seriously trying to find one.

Anyway, fast forward to now and I was mad that I missed out on another summer without a convertible (I'm not getting any younger). So I finally purchased one, it's a brand new 2022 Ecoboost Premium with a manual transmission and I could not be happier with it. I was looking at certified used one's but most of them were priced in the $35K-37K range and I ended getting a brand new one for $1,000 under MSRP. It's Atlas Blue and I LOVE the color. The pictures don't even do this color justice, I can't believe how amazing it looks in person.

Is there anything I should know about these cars or anything known issues to watch for over the years?

1431b5930f554de69007a1d0f9fcd7fb.jpg

dcd07a1344f24b4bb52a974d579d5280.jpg
ca56f49826e14c7aa33f3a3490393cf2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The most important thing to know is that driving with the top down can lead to a serious medical condition where you cannot stop smiling 😁

Enjoy!!!
I love that! I'm hoping we get some nice days in October where I can enjoy it before I put it away for winter.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
College girls have been known to just jump into the back seat if they find your car stopped at a light.

Sponsored

Dai Uy Ted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2020 Maserati Levante S Ribelle
That Atlas Blue sure looks like the Velocity Blue! Be prepared for a ton of compliments on it!

OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s beautiful — good for you! That was almost my color, but I went with Rapid Red. Mine is an A10, but I love it. Enjoy yours!!! You can read my one month, 4,000 mile assessment at:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/first-month-ownership-assessment-—-outstanding-sept-2022.180623/
That's an awesome review that you did for your first month of ownership and that smile on your face says it all in the eight picture in that review. It looks like you had a great road trip for your first 4,000 miles! Also your Mustang is beautiful, I really like the wheels on your car.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Whit
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP Convertible
Lovely convertible, I almost went for the blue but the Orange is just so "in-your-face" too. On additions look for a nice wind screen to keep the cabin less turbulent. Issues, I'm facing the rear quarter glass won't come up all the way, new problem. Been posted about before, Ford dealer says they need to get into the motor, I have a roll bar so I have remove it for them.

Johnnybee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 convertible
I’ve driven top down as low as 2C. Love the Drive windscreen, windows up, seat on and some heat. Perfectly comfortable. I daily mine and drop the top throughout the winter when it’s dry and favourable temps. That blue looks really nice.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NY Yankee Pride

NY Yankee Pride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lovely convertible, I almost went for the blue but the Orange is just so "in-your-face" too. On additions look for a nice wind screen to keep the cabin less turbulent. Issues, I'm facing the rear quarter glass won't come up all the way, new problem. Been posted about before, Ford dealer says they need to get into the motor, I have a roll bar so I have remove it for them.
I actually considered an orange one but for me I felt like that color would would wear thin after a while. But I do really like the orange whenever I see one.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Wow that’s a beautiful car! +1 on the wind screen and keep the rubber window seals clean and lightly lubed with silicon to keep the rear windows from sticking and your good to go.

Enjoy the heck out of it.
Sponsored