Sponsored

Just found out my car has a Lemon/Manufactorer buyback

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It is amazing the debacles people get themselves into...

Did you not look at carfax or autocheck on the V6 when you purchased? Dealers should give these to you if you ask.

Be patient and drive the wheels off the lemon until you save up enough cash to offset the loss of value. No v8 4 u.
Sponsored

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I would buy another car, It is really hard to get a dealer/manufacturer to take a car back as a lemon, so something had to be wrong.
my car has a stolen report on it and I had a hell of a time getting rid of it... not that bad but it took a few tries.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I would buy another car, It is really hard to get a dealer/manufacturer to take a car back as a lemon, so something had to be wrong.
Unless Carfax has made a mistake. Wouldn't be the first time.
As has been said, the first thing needs to be getting Ford's report on the car to see if it really was a buy back and why. The why may well help in selling it later. A buy back for paint would be less onerous than one for brakes.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
It is amazing the debacles people get themselves into...

Did you not look at carfax or autocheck on the V6 when you purchased? Dealers should give these to you if you ask.

Be patient and drive the wheels off the lemon until you save up enough cash to offset the loss of value. No v8 4 u.
Haha. That whole buyer beware thing is a mother f#$ker!

Sponsored

coltgus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang Shadow Black
Because of all the ads "Show me the Carfax" it has destroyed the value of any car that doesn't have a clean Carfax. Cars like your V6 are a great buy but are bad news on a trade in as you found out.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Where did OP go??!?? lol

Looking at new cars or going to pay the current one off and hope for the best??
Did the person/dealership that sold you the LEMON car show you the Carfax and other info on the car when you asked BEFORE you bought it???

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Does the Carfax have a date for when this was reported? If the date is after the OP purchased the car, then something's wrong. I've never seen a Carfax since I have bought only new vehicles for the past 12 years or so.

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I bought a buy back, it had it's engine replaced, never regret it. I saved probably 7000. And I have a car with less than 5k miles.

Sponsored

zworld

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zane
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
how’d you even find a buy back?
Dealer told me. Only problem was not all banks want to finance them. I had to use a different bank then my own. But ford had installed a new engine.not worried a bit my car is under warranty until 2023.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Kia seems to be better about either QA or getting better consistency from their suppliers. American cars from what I've experienced over the years seem to have solid engineering, but really struggle with quality of the parts that are used
Kia is vertically integrated like most else in SK. Very similar to the traditional Japanese model of business. They also have a culture (generally speaking) of pride in workmanship and obedience at all costs. Now true, their engineering might well suck. Americans offshore manufacturing to turd-world sh*tholes because it'll save a few bucks and then refuse to enforce quality standards, assuming the design had any to begin with. American car companies refuse to understand (in large part) that execution is what matters, not theoretical design superiority. The American "final assembly" worker is not empowered to stop the freaking line and force Engineering to revise/fix their stuff. Instead they do as little as possible with as little care and attention as QA will let them get away with. And if QA gets upity they go all Union on their asses. A Japanese QA inspector would probably fail 30% of all Detroit made cars right off the line.

None2Slow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium, Performance package
Well I can tell you that Kia and Hyundai area replacing a butt load of engines right now. I personally have delivered 40+ in maybe 2 years to these dealerships, and that's just in little ol' Idaho. Something with the direct injection and combustion build up or some crap.

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
If you want reliable get a Lexus or Toyota. We have had Lexus suvs for years now - not one problem in 25 years! And fantastic trade in values.
If want sheer driver driving pleasure get a Mustang GT. Mostly trouble free other than a stuffed engine lol. Presently a trunk lid that opens when it feels like it. Easy cure is take it to the dealer and it behaves perfectly. Take it home and it fails!
Sponsored