Sponsored

Just found a pretty big quality control issue on my brand new vehicle. How to fix?

KB_210

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Grabber Blue A10
We have an automatic carwash at my dealer. That looks exactly like part of the spinning brushes that sometimes gets snagged.
An automatic car wash on brand new cars!? That's horrifying
Sponsored

StealthFighter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BOB
Vehicle(s)
-2019 GT premium a10 -pp1 -Shadow Black loaded
For goodness sakes just pull it out by sliding it towards the way it went in a 30 second job and its over and out.
I enlarged the pic and it is obvious that it is some kind of "fabric" that got wedged in there and as others have speculated might be from a car wash, but could also have happed during transport.

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
So much drama for such a little thingā€¦
Of course. I waited 6 months for this car to come in after my last mustang being declared a lemon. I donā€™t appreciate having the trim come off on my day-old brand new car

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
For goodness sakes just pull it out by sliding it towards the way it went in a 30 second job and its over and out.
I enlarged the pic and it is obvious that it is some kind of "fabric" that got wedged in there and as others have speculated might be from a car wash, but could also have happed during transport.
Got it out, but it wasnā€™t easy. Now the trim is separated from the rest of the car, and being a 28 year old woman who lives by herself and who owns absolutely no car tools, I have no way to fix this on my own
0C79339E-A2A1-49DE-A768-280716B2A45D.jpeg

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
If you haven't done so already, consider going to the dealer today to document now and discuss.

I was given three days to find anything which could be considered a claim, damage during shipment. Afterwards, the dealer advised it was my responsibility. YMMV.

Another aspect to consider, you might make the best attempt to correct the problem, only to cause more issues with this or something else. The dealer is required to provide the car in an expected condition. Do they have a supporting body shop (not the detailers at the dealer) you could review with and discuss?
My dealership has a tendency to cause more damage while fixing nothing at all so Iā€™m gonna have to find a different place. Thereā€™s also something wrong with the driver side door, I have to SLAM it to turn off the ā€œdoor ajarā€ alert. Never had to close my door more than once on my 2020 mustang, despite it being a lemon lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Really?
Mine came with:
- Heavily tar"ish" contaminaed wheels. Had to clean them in the shower with tar cleaner and wheel cleaner. (fixed)
- Lower engine cover full of stones because the transporters had a joyride. (fixed)
- Unaligned front bonnet. (have to find time to fix it, should be easy)
- Scratch on the clearcoat on the trunk (have to go in body shop)
- Scratch on the paint on the lower portion on the rear quarter (have to go in body shop)

I envy your "pretty big quality control issue". How would you describe mine?
Welp you definitely have me beat with this one. Did you accept the delivery with the car in that condition or are you making ford fix it first?

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got it out, but it wasnā€™t easy. Now the trim is separated from the rest of the car, and being a 28 year old woman who lives by herself and who owns absolutely no car tools, I have no way to fix this on my own
See my post higher up this thread :like:

There are a lot that come from the factory like that but itā€™s a very easy fix - just find someone who can hold a spanner and who can do you a favour :like:

Donā€™t get disheartened with the car :like:

WD :like:

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
...Now the trim is separated from the rest of the car...
Everthing OK with this gap, no tools needed.
Something to mention for the first service, if it is not worth an extra trip to the dealer for you.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Exactly. Infuriating? Disappointing? Yes. Takes the joy out of a new car.

My '22 GT has a few "little things" that truly made me feel the same way when taking delivery of an almost $50,000 car. In my case, I chose to "live with it" as the fixes would likely cause a bigger problem.

When I bought the 2000 Viper GTS that I still have, I had the same feelings over fit and finish items.

I came to terms with all this by realizing that nothing is perfect, and I have to accept same. When I had the PPF put on my '22 GT, the installer was commenting how bad the fit and finish is on Teslas and some expensive Italian cars.He actually thought the GT was pretty good overall.

To the OP - I agree that your concern looks like car wash brush remnants...pull 'em out. Enjoy your new Mustang.
Werenā€™t you on the vca forum 20+ years ago ?
I also still have my black/silver stripes 00 gts

Ransom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT, 09 Challenger Srt8
An automatic car wash on brand new cars!? That's horrifying
Yeah, they will run it through for a quick clean. They dont care about the swirls/scratches in the paint as long as its shiny for the customer.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
My dealership has a tendency to cause more damage while fixing nothing at all so Iā€™m gonna have to find a different place. Thereā€™s also something wrong with the driver side door, I have to SLAM it to turn off the ā€œdoor ajarā€ alert. Never had to close my door more than once on my 2020 mustang, despite it being a lemon lol
My doors required a little more effort to close for the first few days. Just new things that need to get broken in a bit, thatā€™s all. My dealer even told me to expect it for a about a week, depending on how much I opened and closed them. After a couple days they were all good.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No worries - looks a lot better with the Smurf hair removed! :)šŸ˜‰

So now, you should be able to just put your palm under the black plastic area (referred to as the front splitter) and press it upward, it should just click back into place. You may need a little force for it to click.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Maybe one of our New Jersey bothers or sisters will reach and help you out!
Sponsored