Sponsored

Just finished clutch install, no pedal!!

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just finished a clutch install, new throwout bearing and stainless line from steeda at the same time. Everything went well the trans slide in easily without bolts.
When I finished I’m pumping the pedal now and have done so now almost 200 times and it’s still not coming back on it’s own and is dead. I have the reservoir topped off and don’t see it moving. I’ve checked both connections on the trans line and it isn’t leaking from either.
What am I doing wrong? lol
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Have you tried pulling it all the way up on each pump? It took me several hundred pumps and a lot of pull ups before it built up enough pressure to where I could just pump and not do pull ups anymore after I replaced my line.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Disregard, I panicked too early. Started getting it back around the 350 pump... sick design not putting a Bleeder ford

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Have you tried pulling it all the way up on each pump? It took me several hundred pumps and a lot of pull ups before it built up enough pressure to where I could just pump and not do pull ups anymore after I replaced my line.
Yup exactly, full pulls and hundreds later I’m getting it!!!

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
If you didn't bench bleed the throwout bearing you will have issues shifting. The pedal will be firm but it ill give you issues. When I properly bled my tob on my mantic clutch install I only had to pump the pedal (pushing it all the way to the floor then pulling it all the way out by hand) 20 times to get a frim pedal. When I had air in the tob I had to pump 100+ times to get a pedal.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you didn't bench bleed the throwout bearing you will have issues shifting. The pedal will be firm but it ill give you issues. When I properly bled my tob on my mantic clutch install I only had to pump the pedal (pushing it all the way to the floor then pulling it all the way out by hand) 20 times to get a frim pedal. When I had air in the tob I had to pump 100+ times to get a pedal.
It was bench bleed, it did lose some when the trans was going into final position and it put pressure on the TOB but that’s all.

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
No pedal means you have air somewhere. Did the master ever go dry?

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
7C7EB8EE-69D7-4BBA-95CF-822B2D31DD33_zps3cpu0hdw.png

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
That will work for the whole system except the tob, if you have air in there then a vacuum pump isn't going to get it out. Haven't heard of a single person on here that had any luck with vacuum bleeding.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
That will work for the whole system except the tob, if you have air in there then a vacuum pump isn't going to get it out. Haven't heard of a single person on here that had any luck with vacuum bleeding.
Never went dry, I just went on the maiden voyage and all seemed well. The pedal def isn’t 100% but it springs back and is getting there. I assume it can take a few days?
The ride itself was interesting, no noises and the overall clutch felt good. But is it me or do you have to kinda relearn how to drive? The engagement was so different especially from a stop in 1st and on hills so I felt like a teenager again. Overall it seems like engagement require more revs than the stock, anyone have a similar experience? Thanks

Sponsored

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
If you've pumped over 100 times and the pedal still isn't right it probably won't ever be right. The tob never being dry doesn't really matter, a very small amount of air can cause issues. One symptom of air being in the tob is that the pedal engagement point is very low.

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If you've pumped over 100 times and the pedal still isn't right it probably won't ever be right. The tob never being dry doesn't really matter, a very small amount of air can cause issues. One symptom of air being in the tob is that the pedal engagement point is very low.
Just got a full ride after work, it feels fine just a bit different then stock. How would one remedy that if that were the case?

silverbullet85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Gt
If it feels fine I would leave it. If you had to bleed the tob then the trans would have to be dropped and then the tob removed and bled. Mantic has a good video on their website it's pretty simple, just not simple to get to unless the trans is out

OP
OP
Bbarfoot14

Bbarfoot14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If it feels fine I would leave it. If you had to bleed the tob then the trans would have to be dropped and then the tob removed and bled. Mantic has a good video on their website it's pretty simple, just not simple to get to unless the trans is out
Yea their video is what I used to bench bleed it during install
Sponsored