Sponsored

Just curious when does a bap become beneficial, as opposed to needed.

Chad1986

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I am full bolt on and going to install my cams here one of these days when I get time. I have lu47 injectors and running e85 full time, except for that every so often I come in to the gas station with 2 miles to empty and the e pump at Casey's is down. Happens more than I would like, but I switch to the flex tune and have to sit around for a bit. When the cams go in there will be a big mono blad tb going on probably vmp, a new cai of my own making it will be very free flowing. Just wondering if at 8 k plus if my current setup will do ok as an ok from my tuner, or jyst put a bap on and not be anywhere near maxing out my fuel needs. I feel that when your on the edge different changes in weather or elevation could cause a need for more that my stock pump will allow. Just thoughts, or am I dreaming of running out of fuel. I can also see not dropping any pressure would help with atomizing the fuel for a better burn and the and the ECU not having to make changes to accommodate for that.
Sponsored

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
C
Datalog. If your fuel pump duty cycle isn't pegging out you don't need one. Going a bit lean (12.5:1) is OK if you're not boosted. If you don't need one, don't put one in. Can't think of a good reason to over voltage the pump if you otherwise have enough fuel.