Sponsored

Just bought the stang and ready to make my first round of mods (cold air intake, LT headers, X-pipe, axle-back active exhaust)

fez888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fez
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
First post here!! Picked up a 2019 droptop Mustang GT down here in Medellin, Colombia about a month ago and I'm having a blast.

Ready to start heating things up though, so a few Qs..

1) What's your preference on a cold air intake? Currently comparing Roush v Airaid v Corsa. Roush seems like the best option so far.

2) Same Q for LT headers. High-flow cats or a cat delete would be fine with me. Can get away with it down here.

3) Has anyone seen a cat-back with active exhaust that's compatible with the convertible? I only seem to find ones that are only good with the fastback OR they're good with the convertible BUT don't have the active exhaust. Seems strange.

4) What's your favorite X-pipe, and why?

5) Any preferences on an axle-back with active exhaust that would go nicely with the above changes?

6) Anything else you'd highly recommend doing?

Appreciate any guidance!
Sponsored

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
ebay headers. cheap and work just as good. if you are going to be doing a lot of mods. buy a car lif

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
If you have factory AE, try out the LTHs with an x-pipe and see how you like that. That’s what I did until about 6-7 months ago when I deleted my AE and went with the Steeda axle back.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
That car looks really nice. Is the front windshield tinted? That's allowed in Columbia, right? It's Race Red? Thing looks really sharp. Get a windscreen behind the headrests for sure. It totally changes the feel of driving with the wind.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Don't bother with a cold air intake. Keep what you have and change the filter to a drop in.

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
OP
OP
fez888

fez888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fez
Vehicle(s)
ebay headers. cheap and work just as good. if you are going to be doing a lot of mods. buy a car lif
Appreciate the tip but I can't run the risk of something not working as expected as I'll be getting hit with a heavy import and shipping charge to get it down to Colombia. Bonus is that I can get parts installed for peanuts since wages are so much lower here!

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Appreciate the tip but I can't run the risk of something not working as expected as I'll be getting hit with a heavy import and shipping charge to get it down to Colombia. Bonus is that I can get parts installed for peanuts since wages are so much lower here!
i got these not to long ago and they are perfect

D04D58D3-EE04-452C-9B1E-F09CBF3E7721.jpeg

OP
OP
fez888

fez888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fez
Vehicle(s)
If you have factory AE, try out the LTHs with an x-pipe and see how you like that. That’s what I did until about 6-7 months ago when I deleted my AE and went with the Steeda axle back.
I do indeed. Let me that out and see how I go. I have heard that LTHs + X-pipe + factory AE sounds a bit tinny but there's only one way to find out..

OP
OP
fez888

fez888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fez
Vehicle(s)
That car looks really nice. Is the front windwshield tinted? That's allowed in Columbia, right? It's Race Red? Thing looks really sharp. Get a windscreen behind the headrests for sure. It totally changes the feel of driving with the wind.
Thanks man! Has a slight tint and it is race red indeed. Previous owner did the tint. And yep, you can get away with pretty much anything down here lol.

I hadn't even considered a windscreen! Will look into it - thanks!

PS - your Shelby is an absolute beast! Have been considering the stripes but I'm not sure they look as amazing on a convertible..

Sponsored
OP
OP
fez888

fez888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fez
Vehicle(s)
Don't bother with a cold air intake. Keep what you have and change the filter to a drop in.
Why is that? And any specific one that you recommend?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Why is that? And any specific one that you recommend?
18+ intake flows efficiently and keeps iats down. After market ones for the most part are just for looks and also potentially increase iats with no real gains.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
i got these not to long ago and they are perfect

D04D58D3-EE04-452C-9B1E-F09CBF3E7721.jpeg
Why don’t you make your way over the the vendor reviews section and explain your actions?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Thanks man! Has a slight tint and it is race red indeed. Previous owner did the tint. And yep, you can get away with pretty much anything down here lol.

I hadn't even considered a windscreen! Will look into it - thanks!

PS - your Shelby is an absolute beast! Have been considering the stripes but I'm not sure they look as amazing on a convertible..
Your car looks perfect just the way it is IMO. But it's hard to not start tinkering just like you're doing with performance mods. I added stripes to my white convertible. It's all good when the top is down and that exhaust is howling. I look forward to seeing what you do with your car. Please keep us in the know.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
That dude recommending $200 headers and saying everything is perfect, lol. I just read his scam thread and wow. Give it a few years and when they rust you'll wish you spent a bit more. Stainless Power is about the cheapest I'd go for a good fit. Kook's or ARH on the high end.
Sponsored