Sponsored

Just bought an R3…

JayhawkGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I just bought an R3. Did the mirror tap thing.
I am trying to decide if it is it worth it?
Not necessarily is it solely worth not getting a ticket but is it worth it to have to take down every time I go somewhere? (Convertible and I leave the top and windows down) is it worth it on the windshield…it sorta looks odd sitting there.

Secondly, how does the alarm work? I always see a display that says “all sensors” on the screen when I turn the car off. I read somewhere there are little motion sensors in the overhead light but I could never get it to go off when I reached in.
F5E5BF4E-734A-445B-BD1F-98C89C5A61BA.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You must be parking in really nice places, where you trust people not to bother your car with the top down and windows down.....isn't that the same as leaving your car unlocked :)

OP
OP
JayhawkGT

JayhawkGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
You must be parking in really nice places, where you trust people not to bother your car with the top down and windows down.....isn't that the same as leaving your car unlocked :)
haha…the funny thing is I lock the doors. 😂

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
so once you lock your car you should be able to reach in and trigger the alarm by reaching in, not sure if having the key on your negates that.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
It works, I have the enhanced security, if windows are down and if something moves inside it will set alarm off

OP
OP
JayhawkGT

JayhawkGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I think if the top is down the motion sensors are disabled…(?)
Sponsored