Sponsored

Just bought a SCT X4 and custom tune, now car won't start. Please help!!

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Ok so I purchased a brand new X4 last week and got a custom tune emailed to me this weekend. I loaded the tune up and car did not start so I call the tuner back and tell them so they can make revisions. While I'm waiting I put my car back to the stock tune, now it won't start at all with any tune. I called SCT and they sent me a recovery file earlier today, tunes still didn't work. I was told to take it to ford and I know they are going to give me trouble with this or charge some ridiculous amount. I want to try and get this resolved without spending 100's of dollars on towing and flash computer back to stock. Please help me out!! Car is a 2015 5.0
Sponsored

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
You probably locked the Ecu. Ford will know you've been tampering with it. Warranty voided most likely.

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I would remove power from the car and attempt to flash to stock again. Similar thing happened to me in my 12 even with the device updated. Did you update the SCT before flashing the tune? I left my negative cable unplugged overnight but I am sure a few hours would be plenty.

re-rx7

Ruck the night away
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
19 5.0
I would remove power from the car and attempt to flash to stock again. Similar thing happened to me in my 12 even with the device updated. Did you update the SCT before flashing the tune? I left my negative cable unplugged overnight but I am sure a few hours would be plenty.
Its a gd idea. Never happened on my old 12 but is possible.

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
How did the ECU get locked? I did everything right when loading the tune.

I updated the device before anything, I will try disconnecting battery right now. We'll see how it goes

Thanks by the way guys appreciate the help.

Sponsored

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
And when the tune is uploading the tail lights and day time running lights are on is that messing with anything during the process? How do I stop them from turning on

moates88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6 speed
Who did you get the tune from?

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I'm new at this but did you have the battery hooked up to a recharger while doing the tune? I've heard of some people not doing that and the battery dying. Is the battery dead? Can you check voltage? Again, I'm a noob but just trying to help.

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Who did you get the tune from?
It's from SoCal tuning. I know people talk a lot of crap about him but MMR recommended him and honestly didn't know he had such a bad rep.

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
I'm new at this but did you have the battery hooked up to a recharger while doing the tune? I've heard of some people not doing that and the battery dying. Is the battery dead? Can you check voltage? Again, I'm a noob but just trying to help.
I didn't do that and I'm thinking about trying that tomorrow too just to cross that off the list if it doesn't work. Thanks for the help

Sponsored

moates88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6 speed
It's from SoCal tuning. I know people talk a lot of crap about him but MMR recommended him and honestly didn't know he had such a bad rep.
Hmm never heard of em. Maybe Livernoise can chime in or beefcake. They are both reputable for their tunes and I would trust em based on tons of other people's experiences.

moates88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6 speed
It's just weird, I don't think flashing ur Ecu will drain the battery esp in a new car. My guess is the tune it's self and really screwed up ur Ecu even when u bring it to stock. I'm deff not expert in tuning but not my 2 cents. Hope one of the legit tuners on here can help. Maybe pm one of em

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
Yea hopefully they can help me out, I'm really just worried about what's going on with the stock tune. As long as I get that back its cool I will buy a tune from probably beefcake cause I've heard good about the as well. Just really need this stock tune working

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
put a charger on it to start, flashing is going to use some juice

try multiple times to flash it, sometimes it just happens on these cars.

even on our shop car it happened once, I had to flash 3 times in a row before it went

OP
OP

yankeefan3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
put a charger on it to start, flashing is going to use some juice

try multiple times to flash it, sometimes it just happens on these cars.

even on our shop car it happened once, I had to flash 3 times in a row before it went
Thanks a lot for the input beefcake I really appreciate it. I will give this a try in the morning because i do not have a charger here at home but I definitely appreciate the help
Sponsored