Sponsored

Just another bolt on Hellion TT build. Well that escalated quickly...

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Dude!! Here are my thoughts.

Undecided:

What suspension to get, leaning towards steeda stop the hop kit if they'd actually call me back and discuss things. Needs to keep good street manners.

I have the whole shabang. Steeda HPDE setup with Adjustable Struts and Sway Bars. I just picked up the Stop the Hop Enthusiast kit. I'm not sure what I'm going to be doing with this thing yet. I am registered for an HPDE event at a local track in June but I'm also going to be Drag Racing a bit.

What catback to bolt up to the 3" hellion piping and keep the car as quiet as possible. I have no interest in the loud valve cutouts.

I have the Active Valve setup (I love it BTW) with catless LT's and the Ford Performance by Borla Resonator. It is stupid loud depending on how you drive it regardless of the mode it's in.

And whether or not to actually do a boundary OPG???

Don't cheap out. Do it right! I did that while the blower was being installed.

I'll probably keep a 5 or 7 lb gate spring in it and NO controller so the urge to turn it up isn't available.

Get the Turbosmart eBoost 2 controller. Or, do the 2-Stage Controller that at least gives you two boost levels. Get an N-Gauge (unless you already have one) and have multiple tunes depending on type of fuel and boost levels. It won't leave you wanting for anything. These cars are light years ahead of the Cavaliers we used to have. LOL!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
I tried for days for steeda to call me, then they did, we discussed the car and he said he'd email me a quote, that was well over a week ago. I'm not really sure that's the type of company I want to invest money with at this point.

I ended up ordering the Boundary OPG kit.

I had a good chat with LTH in Carolina about my project and they got with Hellion and are going to make custom adapters so everything is bolt-on. I truly like the sound of LTH catback the most. Hopefully it delivers.

The turbos are back from PTE with a clean bill of health. The Hellion specd turbines arrived.

The Deutsche Werks fuel hat came in, what a beautiful piece. The Id1050s showed up too.

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim
Steeda stuff is well engineered and top notch. They are hard to get on the phone as their resources are pretty slammed. Ping TJ at Steeda and he should be able to help. I'm guessing you're not building a 100% race car so, its pretty simple to pick what you need for street/strip duty. Get a stop the hop starter and pick a spring/strut/swaybar combo. You really can't go wrong.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I tried for days for steeda to call me, then they did, we discussed the car and he said he'd email me a quote, that was well over a week ago. I'm not really sure that's the type of company I want to invest money with at this point.

I had a good chat with LTH in Carolina about my project and they got with Hellion and are going to make custom adapters so everything is bolt-on. I truly like the sound of LTH catback the most. Hopefully it delivers.

The turbos are back from PTE with a clean bill of health. The Hellion specd turbines arrived.

The Deutsche Werks fuel hat came in, what a beautiful piece. The Id1050s showed up too.
Jon, I want to personally apologize - we have been slammed the last couple of weeks with rotating staff in & out, but there is no excuse.

Sorry we couldn't make things work - I will address this with ELT, however.

TJ

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Details on that lift, please. In the market.....

Sponsored

barkingspud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premuim

Sounds like a great plan. any reason you didn't go with a Fore Innovations setup? I skipped the 1050's and went straight to the 1300's. Who knows what I'm going to wind up with once I have this setup for a year or so.

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
Sounds like a great plan. any reason you didn't go with a Fore Innovations setup? I skipped the 1050's and went straight to the 1300's. Who knows what I'm going to wind up with once I have this setup for a year or so.
Juggernaut had an in house system they ran a special on and packaged the DW hat as well. The id1050x are plenty to smash the stock engine, and the price jump to 1300s was absurd. When I hurt this stock gen3 and build a long block I'll probably jump up to 2000s or so.

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
OPGs, intercooler, hellion headers and turbos are in

Sponsored

Bullitt69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt TT
Looks Great!

You're ahead of me, the shop where my car is started with the OPG's, and then they had a problem with the Harmonic Balancer Pulling Tool, so hopefully back at it today!

Cheers!

OP
OP

Jbcain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
6.7psd, 3.0eco
Car runs good on 7lb gate springs.

Put a "built" 10r80 in it with a 260mm suncoast converter. gforce driveshaft.

waiting on the boost leash/pulse to show up and pair it up with the sai li air assist kit,

also waiting on a few bmr suspension bushings and gforce outlaws.

Mike K.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP