Sponsored

Just about ready to throw in the towel.

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I ordered a stick shift Ecoboost convertible February 17. After multiple delays the Car was built June 27. got the "Shipped" email June 28th with an eta for July 19th-July 26. Over the last week I was trying to contact my dealer to get a status update. All they were giving me was the same ETA from the Ford email. Saturday morning I jumped on a chat with the Ford customer service team and found out the car is still sitting in a train yard in Michigan, It hasn't even been loaded up yet!

I emailed my dealer and got excuse after excuse. "Things just take longer now". "We don't have control over when ford ships the car". They did not seem to understand that my frustration had little to do with another delay. Its that as recently as THURSDAY (7/21) they were telling me the car was still scheduled to be delivered July 19-26 knowing full well the car hasn't moved in a month. Customer Service 101: don't set an expectation you can't fulfill.

At this point the absolute earliest I will see the car is the end of August. More realistically Im assuming end of September. At that point I have maybe a month of decent top down whether before 5 months of crappy weather.

My car has a few options that make it a little unique, even just being a stick shift EB convertible seems very rare. Im just not sure its worth the wait any longer. My plan is to start looking for something similar. If that takes time and my order comes in first, great. If I find something before that, then great. My personal opinion is the economy is going to force people to continue cutting excess spending. Toys and sports cars will be the first thing to go. In 2 months the car market could look very different. Deals could be had.

The entire process is terrible, frustrating and demoralizing. No transparency. Horrible communication. If manufactures want to get into direct to customer sales they will fail miserably.
Sponsored

Deleted member 35644

I sympathize with your frustration. It's hard to imagine that Covid has had such far-reaching implications on this industry where they can't even get car moved off a lot and to its selling dealership in a reasonable amount of time. Everything I can name off the top of my head has a waiting period that seems ridiculous compared to 3 years ago. Recently my dealership had my car for four days to do 3 hours worth of work to it. It literally sat in their back lot for three and a half days before they touched it. "Staffing issues". Sometimes I feel like if I hear that phrase one more time I'm going to lose my shit all over somebody.

You're actually doing the best thing you can do right now.. checking the market for acceptable replacements. You're not being treated fairly, so I actually enjoy the thought of a dealership being stuck with a stick shift convertible, which will be their hardest sell. I just hope you're able to find something that makes you happy, because if you special ordered something just the way you like it, you may have to compromise. At these price points, nobody likes a compromise.

Good luck with this. I understand your frustration.

bryyce62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G dub
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
If it's the car you want, hang tight. A year from now, you'll wish you did. You're likely not going to get something better by throwing in the towel.

Deep breath, exhale. Repeat. Play some good music. Have a cocktail.

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's easier to blame the pandemic than to actually do anything about the problem. If customers are still buying they have no incentive to change. I have a feeling we are going to see dealerships failing in the next few months. Interest rates are going up. The number of buyers is going to shrink AND the dealerships floorpan financing costs are going to skyrocket.

I know I'll likely need to compromise on something. At this point I am expanding the models I'm looking at.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
It's easier to blame the pandemic than to actually do anything about the problem. If customers are still buying they have no incentive to change. I have a feeling we are going to see dealerships failing in the next few months. Interest rates are going up. The number of buyers is going to shrink AND the dealerships floorpan financing costs are going to skyrocket.

I know I'll likely need to compromise on something. At this point I am expanding the models I'm looking at.
Well just be glad you haven't bought anything. I know we all want direct deliver a la tesla to control ADMs. But look how many people have paid for their tesla just to get the same treatment. If you love the car and it's the one you really liked and wanted. Hang tight. EG is a one and done color. Wishing you the best man.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
OP, perhaps you can shed some light on your geographic location?

Wingnutzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EB
Well, the mess is much bigger than COVID and the car companies! MUCH BIGGER. But, this is not the place to get into the reasons. But, being what it is my advice is get the car that you want and that makes you happy — and enjoy it to the fullest! If you find one that suits you — great! If not, hopefully YOUR car will arrive soon and you can enjoy.
My Ecoboost Convertible is in production right now, and I’m 🤞🤞🤞 that the car has no issues and the transportation comes together smoothly and quickly. 🤞🤞🤞

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Well just be glad you haven't bought anything. I know we all want direct deliver a la tesla to control ADMs. But look how many people have paid for their tesla just to get the same treatment. If you love the car and it's the one you really liked and wanted. Hang tight. EG is a one and done color. Wishing you the best man.
I like the car. I really do. But its nothing "special". Its a mass produce vehicle. Its not like its some limited production Porsche or something. I can walk away and just buy something else.

Im the worst kind of customer. I have zero brand loyalty. In fact I make it a point to try all different brands and vehicle types.

Sponsored
OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
But, being what it is my advice is get the car that you want and that makes you happy — and enjoy it to the fullest! If you find one that suits you — great! If not, hopefully YOUR car will arrive soon and you can enjoy.
That's the plan. Maybe its "my" car. Maybe its a different Mustang. Maybe its not a Mustang at all.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I like the car. I really do. But its nothing "special". Its a mass produce vehicle. Its not like its some limited production Porsche or something. I can walk away and just buy something else.

Im the worst kind of customer. I have zero brand loyalty. In fact I make it a point to try all different brands and vehicle types.
If its nothing special, walk away. No harm no foul. The dealers deal with it all the time. Find what ya like and drive the hell out of it. Now if you really wanted that mustang in the color, hang tight. But from your reply looks like your mind is made up.

Wishing you the best no matter what direction you choose. Life is too short

Call_Me_Bruce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT, Toyota Avalon,
I ordered through the same dealer. Once it got loaded up, it took about 10 days to get it to the dealer. The dealer is crazy busy, or was about a month ago when I took delivery.

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum

Just bail on it and get something else.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
I know its frustrating. Its annoying. I don't know what to say other than hang in there. At this point, if you back out now there might be fees and you may regret backing out in the future. In my area there are NO Mustangs available. I have to travel at least an hour and a half to find a dealer with something in stock.

Anyway, I work in logistics. This is nothing new. Things got bad late 2020 and things have only been getting worse in most cases. The rail yards have been backed up (at least in my area in St. Louis) by at least a month. 1. They do not have the man power. 2. The trains coming in and out are PACKED with imported trash - limiting space for domestic goods such as your car. 3. There are, at least in some areas of the country been rail strikes. 4. Don't get me started on the container issues :angry: (I have been waiting a month and a half for an empty container - there are none available here)

Its a nightmare. I know. The only way for this "problem" to go away is for demand for all items to crash (but that would have other negative consequences as well!)
Sponsored