Sponsored

Just about ready to throw in the towel.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
dealers dont care about customers. these bad habits have been around for YEARS. this is not a COVID thing.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
One thing I've noticed in my years of car buying, is that higher-line dealerships tend to pay more attention to customer satisfaction. Not just because they track and compensate salespeople for survey results, but also because many of the salespeople plan to stay there a long time, build up their customer base and value repeat business. Domestic and Asian lines tend to have more of a churn & burn attitude, where it's only this month's numbers that matter.

Unfortunately we customers (myself included) respond mostly to pricing, and so "relationships" matter less and less. It's a two-way street.

OP
OP

YourNameHere

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
One thing I've noticed in my years of car buying, is that higher-line dealerships tend to pay more attention to customer satisfaction. Not just because they track and compensate salespeople for survey results, but also because many of the salespeople plan to stay there a long time, build up their customer base and value repeat business. Domestic and Asian lines tend to have more of a churn & burn attitude, where it's only this month's numbers that matter.

Unfortunately we customers (myself included) respond mostly to pricing, and so "relationships" matter less and less. It's a two-way street.
100%. My parents ordered a Porsche. Not a fancy one. A base Macan. And we’re treated like royalty!

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury

Been out of the business for many years now but Ford was one of the first manufacturers out there many years ago that started tying pay and sales incentives to survey results. The product one is purchasing plays a great deal in how the dealerships perceive their customers. Ford, Chevrolet, etc have always been known as blue collar bellweathers. Then the Buick Oldsmobile and Cadillac dealers were the next level up and the salespeople treated them accordingly. Then you moved up to the higher sheet metals such as the BMW, Porsche, etc. these type of dealerships only hired the best educated and dressed salespeople because of the clientele they deal with, not necessarily the product. These expensive brands go to those with the higher level of discretionary income which is most times a by product of their educations. To make this long story as short as possible you can boil it down to money talks and b…. walks.

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
Been out of the business for many years now but Ford was one of the first manufacturers out there many years ago that started tying pay and sales incentives to survey results. The product one is purchasing plays a great deal in how the dealerships perceive their customers. Ford, Chevrolet, etc have always been known as blue collar bellweathers. Then the Buick Oldsmobile and Cadillac dealers were the next level up and the salespeople treated them accordingly. Then you moved up to the higher sheet metals such as the BMW, Porsche, etc. these type of dealerships only hired the best educated and dressed salespeople because of the clientele they deal with, not necessarily the product. These expensive brands go to those with the higher level of discretionary income which is most times a by product of their educations. To make this long story as short as possible you can boil it down to money talks and b…. walks.
Excellent perspective, thanks for sharing.

To be fair, the Euro guys didn't improve their game until Lexus came along and showed them how.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
100%. My parents ordered a Porsche. Not a fancy one. A base Macan. And we’re treated like royalty!
LOL, true , I have had a few , but when you go back for service they have no mercy. (LOL)

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I have to admit, when I took my BMW in for work, I was treated like royalty and those times were for FREE Scheduled maintenance. Ford, GMC, Chevrolet not even close.
Sponsored