Sponsored

Just about ready to buy until...

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Hey, dummy. The OP didn't mention it. I DID

Have you ever worked in a dealership? No, you haven't. Dealerships try to do as little warranty work as possible. They only do warranty work because they are required to do it. They make a much, much higher profit margin by "upselling" work to customers that come in for non-warranty work.

And before you try to argue against that fact, please consider ALL of the independent auto repair shops that are NOT authorized to do any warranty work by any manufacturer. How do they stay in business when competing with factory authorized dealerships if the warranty work you speak of is so profitable? Conversely, every dealership is privately owned. Outside of warranty work (that is required to maintain their dealership franchise), a dealer can refuse service to anyone for any reason. If this warranty work were so lucrative, dealerships could simply choose to do ONLY warranty work. No dealership does this, even though they could. Why? Because they'd be out of business in about a month!

This is anecdotal. If you don't know what that means, google it.

When did I say anything about a warranty for the whole phucking car? YOU are adding context and conflating my entire response, AND confirming what I mentioned about warranty issues with your last paragraph. Do you contradict yourself like this on a regular basis?

Again, take a reading comprehension class. SOON.
Jesus man, talk about being a condescending a$$. If you don't know what that means which you probably do b/c it's obvious you know everything, google it.
Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
So I am finally a buyer, I had convinced myself that the new A10 was what I wanted and am only waiting until spring to get mine. I live in Colorado so not much sense in buying one right this minute...But the research is well under way and I may wind up building /ordering what I want. I would like to keep this car for several years.

But with all of the noise regarding the engine tick / rattle and some A10 issues I am seeing, would I be much better off with a 2017 GT / Auto? The used prices are hard to beat and that leaves a lot more $$ for mods.

Is the 6spd auto reliable enough for a supercharger and daily driving? I don't plan to go crazy on power because this car will be my daily driver and I need it to be reliable as well as fast. I plan to do the normal Steeda suspension mods, different wheels etc. And at some point soon, forced induction.

Please give me your thoughts. I consider the opinions hear heavily in my choice.
The 6R80 is a bullet proof ZF design. I personally prefer the 6 auto over the 10 auto. I had an 10 auto EB loaner and didn't like the 10 at all. Too many gears and too abrasive compared to the 6 IMO.

Also keep in mind that 2015 is a 50th anniversary year and therefore more desirable than a 16 or 17.

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Many have taken a 100% stock 2018+ into the 11s by simply reducing rear tire pressure.
Of course, but I wanted to see what was behind these particular numbers.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Of course, but I wanted to see what was behind these particular numbers.
So when he wrote ā€œstockā€ you think he didnā€™t really mean it?

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
Lots of different forms of stock

swooshdave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
So when he wrote ā€œstockā€ you think he didnā€™t really mean it?
Nope. :lipssealed:

Mustang owners canā€™t seem to change at least one thing even before it leaves the lot.

Sponsored

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Get the 18. You won't regret it over a used 15 to 17 car.
Depends on the price a potential owner is willing to pay, and the results that buyer is hoping to achieve??

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Buy a nice, used 2015-2017 GT, automatic car and mod the living snot out of it.

Yeah, the 2018/2018 cars with the A10 might be an improvement over the A6 cars, but there is no 'effing way a new A10 car will be better than a well-modded A6 car, i.e. full Steeda suspension, supercharger, long-tubes, and a good tune.

A well-modded 2015-2017 car will slay any stock or nearly stock 2018/2019 A10 car. And for less $$$.

And then there are gonna be guys that are gonna immediately say, "...well, a well-modded 2018/2019 car will beat a well-modded 2015-2017 car..." O.K., but when you mod a new car, say good-bye to your warranty. And if you are going to piss your warranty out the window; why didn't you just buy a used 2015-2017?? Duh...

For what a 2018/2019 is going to cost you, you could put less money into a 2015-2017 car that can have top-notch suspension, brakes, easily live at 650hp/500 ft/lbs, and have every premium option under the sun. Why peeps are buying new S550's is beyond me....?

QUIK EDIT: I realize not everyone has the money, the space, the tools, the knowledge, or the desire to "mod" their cars. But due to the price difference, I would still pick a 2015-2017 car over a 2018/2019 car any day, because there isn't enough of an improvement in the newer cars to justify the huge difference in cost to buy.

My bone stock 18 is just as fast as my Lund tuned 15 with long tubes, e85, and intake was, handles better, way more fun to drive. The digital dash is something else I really like, same for the active exhaust.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
My bone stock 18 is just as fast as my Lund tuned 15 with long tubes, e85, and intake was, handles better, way more fun to drive. The digital dash is something else I really like, same for the active exhaust.
I totally get it. I'm not saying in any way that the 2018/2019 cars aren't better than the 2015-2017 cars. I'm sure they are.

But at what cost...?

Here's my point. I paid $24,000 for my car. I currently have about $27,500 in total in it (see my sig)

At the time I bought my well optioned 2016 GT with 616 miles on the clock, I was seeing peeps buying new, very well-optioned 2018's for right around the $50,000 mark. So, here's the question: At that time, was a 2018 GT twice as good as my 2016 GT at roughly twice the price? I seriously doubt it.

Or another way of thinking about it..., how good could my car be if I chose to throw another $12,000 at it in the form of a ProCharger, an upgraded fuel system, 800hp half-shafts, 4C converter, adjustable Koni's at each corner, and quilted Katzkins leather seats? My guess is, in that configuration, my car would put the hurt on a nearly stock 2018/2019 GT for roughly $40,000.

Last edited:

Gaglug

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Vehicle Showcase
So, here's the question: At that time, was a 2018 GT twice as good as my 2016 GT at roughly twice the price? I seriously doubt it.
It's really down to things like personal preference, how much a dollar means to you, and the value you place on old vs new.

Is my 2019 twice as good as your 2016 at twice the price? I'd say yes but that's based on my personal bias. For my take, a 2016 even with 0 miles on it is an old car. One with over 600 miles on it would be a used car and not new. A three year old used car vs a brand new car isn't even a decision for me. Your 2016 doesn't have the amenities or options I want, and I value those amenities and options as worth it even though the sticker was in the low 50s. My value to price balance says that your purchase is a waste of $27k and wouldn't be worth it. Why would I waste that money on an old car that doesn't have what I want in the first place? $52k for the new car with the things I want was a better value proposition for me.

Clearly for you, your answer is the exact opposite of mine. Everyone is going to be at a different point of the price/value decision, and that's cool. That's the way it is, and that's the way it should be. We all make those value decisions. As long as the person making the decision is happy with their decision, then more power to them.
Sponsored