Sponsored

Just about ready to buy until...

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
So I am finally a buyer, I had convinced myself that the new A10 was what I wanted and am only waiting until spring to get mine. I live in Colorado so not much sense in buying one right this minute...But the research is well under way and I may wind up building /ordering what I want. I would like to keep this car for several years.

But with all of the noise regarding the engine tick / rattle and some A10 issues I am seeing, would I be much better off with a 2017 GT / Auto? The used prices are hard to beat and that leaves a lot more $$ for mods.

Is the 6spd auto reliable enough for a supercharger and daily driving? I don't plan to go crazy on power because this car will be my daily driver and I need it to be reliable as well as fast. I plan to do the normal Steeda suspension mods, different wheels etc. And at some point soon, forced induction.

Please give me your thoughts. I consider the opinions hear heavily in my choice.
Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If you look up any car, you will find reports of issues. They happen, it's engineering, that's why you have a warranty. The 2015-2017 cars can also tick, mine does.

Stop reading the negative crap, and buy what you want.

The A10 sounds amazing, I would definitely head that way over the A6. Plus DI, plus a lot more options, plus ordering exactly what you want.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
I owned a 15 and now have an 18, get the 18. The 10 speed is a huge upgrade over the a6.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I went from a 2016 to a 2018 with A10. The 2018 with more power, vastly superior transmission, digital instrument cluster (401A), acoustic windshield, improved suspension and improved visibility over the hood was a significant upgrade for me.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Buy a nice, used 2015-2017 GT, automatic car and mod the living snot out of it.

Yeah, the 2018/2018 cars with the A10 might be an improvement over the A6 cars, but there is no 'effing way a new A10 car will be better than a well-modded A6 car, i.e. full Steeda suspension, supercharger, long-tubes, and a good tune.

A well-modded 2015-2017 car will slay any stock or nearly stock 2018/2019 A10 car. And for less $$$.

And then there are gonna be guys that are gonna immediately say, "...well, a well-modded 2018/2019 car will beat a well-modded 2015-2017 car..." O.K., but when you mod a new car, say good-bye to your warranty. And if you are going to piss your warranty out the window; why didn't you just buy a used 2015-2017?? Duh...

For what a 2018/2019 is going to cost you, you could put less money into a 2015-2017 car that can have top-notch suspension, brakes, easily live at 650hp/500 ft/lbs, and have every premium option under the sun. Why peeps are buying new S550's is beyond me....?

QUIK EDIT: I realize not everyone has the money, the space, the tools, the knowledge, or the desire to "mod" their cars. But due to the price difference, I would still pick a 2015-2017 car over a 2018/2019 car any day, because there isn't enough of an improvement in the newer cars to justify the huge difference in cost to buy.

Last edited:

Sponsored

choate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10 401A with Active Exhaust
I was in the same boat but honestly one drive bone stock in the 18 with the 10 speed in sport mode and 3.55's and I was sold. I had the A6 before and trust me it's extremely boring compared to the A10. Reliable? Sure but not even in the same ball park as fun to drive and not to mention mid 11 second quarter miles with ease

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Camaro’s are cool too. They need sales over there worse than Ford. Lol...

OP
OP
JCF204

JCF204

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 F-350
Hah! No thanks to other manufactures vehicles. I am a bit of a fanboy, but I want to make the right choice. I greatly appreciate the responses so far here. The newest stang I have ever owned was a 69 Fastback...this is a major change for me lol.

I also have a Super duty and a Fiesta for my commuter, but that is going to my kid about to get her license...

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
New car, new warranty, new technology. Since a stock A10 will throw you into the low 12’s stock, that should be entertaining enough to hold off the major mod bug until you’re comfortable with the car reliability wise or the warranty is gone.

There’s nothing wrong with the 15-17 GT but the A10 is a leap above the A6. Both are stout transmissions.

I would ultimately drive both and see what you prefer. For a new GT, drive a few on the lot and see if the sound and feel is consistent. At the end of the day, according to the internet every 5.0 comes with the tick and will self destruct the second you take ownership.

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I bought my '16 PPGT last December with 5k miles on it and got it for Dirt cheap. Thousands bellow other similar models with more miles and a hell of a lot less than new. While I like being the guy who deflowers the car with aftermarket, I am now seeing Supercharged cars selling for what I paid. ..granted they still have more miles but they have a Supercharger and I don't. #thoseassholes #jelly :)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fleco17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josr
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt
Only you can decide what model yr you want. Buy it and enjoy it.

Fetlock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT MT
Please give me your thoughts. I consider the opinions hear heavily in my choice.
For myself, I was much more worried about what the prior owner had done with the car. Nobody buys these to drive them gently. I have an 18 GT MT and daily drive it, it's the best purchase I ever made. I've been involved with three car purchases in the past year, in checking models if you go to the forums, there are always horror stories with multiple folks having the same issue. I would look at quality ratings by Consumer Reports/JD Power that have a wider feedback population. My sense is there are more issues with Mustangs overall and perhaps more in the gen 3 coyote, but not enough that it scared me off.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....but when you mod a new car, say good-bye to your warranty....
This is the sort of complete non-sense and false information that needs to stop.

So tired of this, it's like a broken record of ignorance.

VooDooDaddy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
This is the sort of complete non-sense and false information that needs to stop.

So tired of this, it's like a broken record of ignorance.
Maybe you should take a class on reading comprehension and another on how not to take comments out of context.

I clearly mentioned supercharging and tuning. Go ahead and show up at your local dealer sporting a supercharger with a custom tune loaded on your 2018/2019 GT (as I mentioned), and try getting your warranty honored to fix your "tick" issues?
Sponsored