Jumps out of first gear

Turk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My new Bullitt is awesome in all respects - except that it likes to jump out of first gear. It happens when accelerating from a stop, but does NOT seem to be related to how hard I am accelerating. I notice that at certain first gear RPMs the shift lever goes into what I would term a (mild) shaking mode which causes me to wonder if this is normal, and if this shaking is causing it to jump out of gear. I can hold the shifter forward when using first gear and of course that keeps it from jumping out of gear - but this is in no way an acceptable fix for a car for which I just wrote a check for nearly 60K! I have both the Magna Ride and the advanced electronics package as options. I have discussed this with my dealer and they haven't a clue. Anyone have any in fo or experience with this problem?
Sponsored

BU11LTO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard.
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
My new Bullitt is awesome in all respects - except that it likes to jump out of first gear. It happens when accelerating from a stop, but does NOT seem to be related to how hard I am accelerating. I notice that at certain first gear RPMs the shift lever goes into what I would term a (mild) shaking mode which causes me to wonder if this is normal, and if this shaking is causing it to jump out of gear. I can hold the shifter forward when using first gear and of course that keeps it from jumping out of gear - but this is in no way an acceptable fix for a car for which I just wrote a check for nearly 60K! I have both the Magna Ride and the advanced electronics package as options. I have discussed this with my dealer and they haven't a clue. Anyone have any in fo or experience with this problem?
This is a main dealer issue & to me they sound like they should not be selling cars with that attitude (haven't got a clue) If they won't sort the problem take it to a dealer that knows & understands cars. This problem is a faulty gearbox.
Sponsored