Sponsored

JR629 is home!

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
AB3D9BB2-35BA-461E-BA11-E9A3B7FB4F96.jpeg

After an exhausting few months of debating between a new GT500 or a GT350R, this stunning Shadow Black 2018 R is home safe and sound in Scottsdale, AZ.

For those that helped me along the way in my other thread regarding a 2017 Ruby Red 350R that had some back ground issues/red tape, you’ll recall I was dead set on that color. After deciding I needed to step back and stop focusing on the color, but the total package I came across this car for sale in Alliance, OH.

It checked all the boxes. CPO with 7 year/100k warranty, 3500 miles, single owner, PPF, Ceramic coating, windows tinted, owners supplement and also came with the original Ford Performance rear seat kit which hadn’t even been out of the original plastic packaging/box which having 2 little kids is nice. However...it’s black. After owning a 2012 Mustang in black I swore I’d never do black again.

One night while debating if I could live with black as this car had a lot going for it, I decided to google the chassis identifier to see if I could find any hits. Sure enough the original owner was a member on here and from doing a bit of recon, turns out Tomster had helped this member with the purchase of this car.

A quick message to Tom to see if he could get me in touch with the original owner had me on the phone with him the very next day. This gentleman’s back story of what this car meant to him, how he cared for it and would want to some day buy it back when circumstances permit was very important to me. Knowing it’s history and getting to form a relationship with the cars original owner did it for me, and I ended up pulling the trigger.

After weeks of making this out of state purchase happen, she finally arrived on Sunday and is in better condition then I could have imagined. The well cared for Black with red accents is just jaw dropping. This car truly looks and feels brand new. Only downside is that I’ve only put on 4 miles since then as the weather in AZ has been horrific with heavy rain and snow in the desert. I can not wait to finally take her out and stretch her legs tomorrow!

2D2E23BF-3A6F-45A1-91E5-614F83C84019.jpeg

(View from house day after delivery)

I would like to thank those of you that took the time to help me navigate my way to this car. Tomster in particular, I am so thankful for you getting me in touch with the original owner!

After parting ways with my 2017 350 and going to the dark side in a C7 Z06, I have to say I am beyond thrilled to be back in the saddle with this wonderful car and a part of this incredible community once again!

8336D6D2-883E-4463-B5C6-92077F803B2A.jpeg
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
After weeks of making this out of state purchase happen, she finally arrived on Sunday and is in better condition then I could have imagined. The well cared for Black with red accents is just jaw dropping. This car truly looks and feels brand new. Only downside is that I’ve only put on 4 miles since then as the weather in AZ has been horrific with heavy rain and snow in the desert. I can not wait to finally take her out and stretch her legs tomorrow!

Congrats on the new car.

This may sound stupid but I had no idea it snows in Arizona. I thought it was always hot in the summer and warm in the winter. I wonder how cold it gets out there.

Last edited:

Sponsored

cdh027

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350, 2018 z06
AB3D9BB2-35BA-461E-BA11-E9A3B7FB4F96.jpeg

After an exhausting few months of debating between a new GT500 or a GT350R, this stunning Shadow Black 2018 R is home safe and sound in Scottsdale, AZ.

For those that helped me along the way in my other thread regarding a 2017 Ruby Red 350R that had some back ground issues/red tape, you’ll recall I was dead set on that color. After deciding I needed to step back and stop focusing on the color, but the total package I came across this car for sale in Alliance, OH.

It checked all the boxes. CPO with 7 year/100k warranty, 3500 miles, single owner, PPF, Ceramic coating, windows tinted, owners supplement and also came with the original Ford Performance rear seat kit which hadn’t even been out of the original plastic packaging/box which having 2 little kids is nice. However...it’s black. After owning a 2012 Mustang in black I swore I’d never do black again.

One night while debating if I could live with black as this car had a lot going for it, I decided to google the chassis identifier to see if I could find any hits. Sure enough the original owner was a member on here and from doing a bit of recon, turns out Tomster had helped this member with the purchase of this car.

A quick message to Tom to see if he could get me in touch with the original owner had me on the phone with him the very next day. This gentleman’s back story of what this car meant to him, how he cared for it and would want to some day buy it back when circumstances permit was very important to me. Knowing it’s history and getting to form a relationship with the cars original owner did it for me, and I ended up pulling the trigger.

I would like to thank those of you that took the time to help me navigate my way to this car. Tomster in particular, I am so thankful for you getting me in touch with the original owner!

After parting ways with my 2017 350 and going to the dark side in a C7 Z06, I have to say I am beyond thrilled to be back in the saddle with this wonderful car and a part of this incredible community once again!

8336D6D2-883E-4463-B5C6-92077F803B2A.jpeg

Did you sell the Z06 to get the 350 or do you still have the Z? Reason I ask is, the 350 is dog ass slow by comparison and I own both.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Hell ya! Congrats on a beautiful R @STFUdonny. Enjoy it!

Last edited:

Sponsored

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Cheers. Drink for her health.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Congrats on the new car.

This may sound stupid but I had no idea it snows in Arizona. I thought it was always hot in the summer and a warm in the winter. I wonder how cold it gets out there.
Each winter in the Phoenix area we usually get a handful of soggy, windy days from storms that come off the Pacific and hammer California and then move on to us. Out of the entire year we maybe see 1-3 days of freak snow fall that sticks and usually it’s gone within an hour. Of course it has to happen right as I take delivery of the car. It’s been a looooong 3 days of just staring at her in the garage.

OP
OP
STFUdonny

STFUdonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350 AG
Did you sell the Z06 to get the 350 or do you still have the Z? Reason I ask is, the 350 is dog ass slow by comparison and I own both.
I ended up selling the Z06 back in September. I was thinking about tightening the belt around the house as my job security at the airlines was questionable then. After researching market value of the Z’s, I damn near made my money back that I spent on her the year prior.

I don’t chase lap times so I’m ok with the slower car. I enjoyed the Z06 a lot. But it never really made me laugh and smile like the 350 did, nor did I feel as confident on the track as the 350 made me feel. After taking the R out this evening for a bit of a ride, I feel like I made the right choice and am excited to experience more of what she has to offer.

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
Fantastic story. Thanks for sharing and congratulations on the car. Although, living in Wisconsin I’m very jealous of only having to wait 3 days after first snow to drive again. 😆
Sponsored