NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Interesting........or, really, not interesting.

No tuning means no FI, not LTHs, no CAI.....nothing.
Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like mustang7g is going to 1,000 pages of tire fitment.
Made me laugh in a bad way it’s true
And stereos, and body kits ...

That's pretty much what happened to the young age / early drivers car scene in the UK (but forced upon them by insane insurance quotes rather than emissions).

Crazy looking cars, but with 3 cylinder engines that couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding ... :facepalm:

Joking aside, where will this end up ? You mention tyre fitment - BMW wouldn't swap wheels out on one of their cars my bro was looking at as it affected its fuel consumption / co2 rating / company car tax (or something like that), just think about the long term implications of that for a minute ... :frown:

WD :like:

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
And stereos, and body kits ...

That's pretty much what happened to the young age / early drivers car scene in the UK (but forced upon them by insane insurance quotes rather than emissions).

Crazy looking cars, but with 3 cylinder engines that couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding ... :facepalm:

Joking aside, where will this end up ? You mention tyre fitment - BMW wouldn't swap wheels out on one of their cars my bro was looking at as it affected its fuel consumption / co2 rating / company car tax (or something like that), just think about the long term implications of that for a minute ... :frown:

WD :like:
Wait til they tell tire makers they can only sell efficient rated wheels having to last so long.

Ie, no more soft rubber race tires, or high rolling resistance. Performance

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I would not be amazed if with autonomous vehicles wanting to be a thing companies want it to be illegal to make custom tunes as they have NO idea how those tunes will impact the cars' ability to pilot itself. So, I wouldn't be amazed if this is NOT just an EPA thing but EPA is what OEM's are leveraging to help seal ECU's and make it illegal for them to be tuned, which in result would make it easier for OEM's to blame a tuned car for your car crashing, and not a fault of their own.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Being extremely limited to what you can now do to a car, power wise seems like it'll hurt the overall car culture no?
not at all. All you posers slapping $10,000 FI kits on their 'cheap' cars will simply stroke a check for the $80,000 factory option. Easy peasy. Next up the hood will be welded shut. It's not like any of you know what you're looking at anyway... There hasn't been a VOTECH class in 30 years. It's how we spell "progress".

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
but with 3 cylinder engines that couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding .
hey now, that phrase was invented for < 600cc sport bikes. Car guys can come up with their own phraseology.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
My sportbikes don’t even have o2 sensors or cats. I would fail every physical, sniff, dongle inspection.

Hopefully bikes never get checked, tossed that shit in trash and flashed ecu’s lol

IamCDNJosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 2015 F150 3.5EB FX4
Doesn't this kill alot of the car culture? Being extremely limited to what you can now do to a car, power wise seems like it'll hurt the overall car culture no? Someone with better knowledge care to chime in? I've held off on tuning my mustang, I have a NGauge sitting in the truck, now I feel I've wasted time and money?
"Car culture" as you put it and the tuning vendors did it to themselves. The EPA could no longer look the other way once cats, DPF & SCR systems started getting intentionally bypassed.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
"Car culture" as you put it and the tuning vendors did it to themselves. The EPA could no longer look the other way once cats, DPF & SCR systems started getting intentionally bypassed.
Coal rollers are the most obvious cretins. The ones that brought tuning to everyone's attention.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Super unfortunate but not surprising.

One step closer to all of us buying electric/autonomous cars lol. (Let the emissions/driving debate begin...)

Probably just gonna non-op my car soon and turn it into a full blown race car.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I’m just salty because I now have to pay more in taxes, I get zero benefits, dollars going to drop. And people get to be lazier on my paycheck. I’m just a sour apple

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The only good thing I can say is, I bought my home in 2016 and my mortgage is 950.

Rents for apartments are nearing these levels in my area, had I not bought, I could see my expenses being even tougher. Rent for my style home is estimated 1600+

Not sure if rent and house prices can continue up, but that’s a position I’m glad I’m not worried about

F937BEDA-E9E5-4C32-8CD1-FEA2F72DF52A.jpeg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
You can't shut down pipelines and leases and not expect an increase in gas prices.

The supply has been artificially reduced.
Sponsored