N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
You have a separate device that you load tunes onto from your laptop that you physically take to the car and plug into your vehicle.
What seperate device ? You log on w/ your credentials, download onto a laptop, plug into your car and flash it.
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
What seperate device ? You log on w/ your credentials, download onto a laptop, plug into your car and flash it.
mines a dongle, a ford dongle. its needed to load the tune. you can't just use a usb cord.the blue device
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 10.30.11 AM.png

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
This device. You no longer use your laptop to connect to the car and load the tune that way. You load the tune onto this device that you then take to the car and plug it in to load the tune. It also acts as a gauge to monitor engine parameters. It's really just a bigger nGauge.

1614785594452.png

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Well silly me. Mine doesn't have that.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I think it's only on the 18+ packages, but I imagine it's the way forward.
those look a lot cooler than my damn blue dongle. but it works, hopefully they continue these offerings though. but ford has to keep making $ off them, if the cost to produce/r/d and get passed emissions out weighs people buying them, then there won't be further iterations

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
those look a lot cooler than my damn blue dongle.
It is cooler than the dongle, but it looks alot better than what it is. I thought it would be a modern unit like a small tablet especially considering the price. But in reality, it's very dated design, low res, slow to react and reminds me of late 2000s kids tablets.

Still, it's useful that you can hang it up on your dash and monitor stuff and easily start logs.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
it is equal to my Chromebook, with like an intel celeoron processor I bought for like 50 bucks open boxed from Best Buy years ago paired with ford dongle.

it works, but just minimally. I load a tune, and put it up, til next time

the laptop does its purpose, forescan and tune loading

Copperhead73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derrick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Convertible PP1, A10, Mag, B&O, A/E, S&S
Eventually, everything will require a permit.

Sponsored

meauxcg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
C
Vehicle(s)
08 GT500 Coyote
would someone please summarize what he was saying in the 25 minute video. I just could not listen to him more than 2 minutes.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
would someone please summarize what he was saying in the 25 minute video. I just could not listen to him more than 2 minutes.
agents showed up at the door. We didn't shoot them on-sight and bury their bodies out back. They looked at some cars that had non-functional ECU and left. We don't know if we are going to get sued for millions for potential violation or whatnot, be it our business practices or those of our customers who willfully disregarded the plain language in our product literature which says these items are unlawful to use on public roads.

Oh and red blooded, veteran Americans are being "intimidated" and their livelihoods under threat of an uncaring, one-size-fits-all regulatory structure, and that there is no organized industry-wide lobby group to sue/lobby the USG to express their side of the debate and provide a bullwark against unequal targeting of small businesses individually and thereby steamrolling them into bankruptcy.

Last edited:

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
What's the "alphabet company"? He kept saying that and I think of Googles holding company - which makes no sense...
I'm assuming he was referring to the EPA.
Sponsored