PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Hey, what did you decide to do? Is disconnecting the center speaker really enhance the stereo sound by not having sound coming from the center speaker?
A couple of years ago I followed the lead of another forum member and put an inline switch on that green wire behind kick panel. So then I could try with and without the speaker. I initially thought that it was better without the speaker but these days I think that it is mostly switched on. Lately I have wondered if the whole sound might be improved if a better speaker was used. I while ago I had fitted Morel Ultima speakers in the doors and A pillars. These sound great.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
Yes, it really does. It’s not hard to get to, just buy a set of plastic trim panel tools from AmAvon, watch the aforementioned video and give it a shot. Your ears will be able to detect the difference.

https://www.amazon.com/Removal-Molding-Premium-Fastener-Remover/dp/B07P75FXPQ/ref=sr_1_8?crid=2PX8JGRSGNB4Y&keywords=Car+audio+trim+panel+tool+kit&qid=1660985540&sprefix=car+audio+trim+panel+tool+kit,aps,94&sr=8-8
Ok I will disconnect the speaker plug and check it out. Thanks.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Ok I will disconnect the speaker plug and check it out. Thanks.
It took me 30 seconds to disconnect my center speaker. I used a dental pick to pull the green wire from the loom to get slack, cut the wire about an inch above the connector. This way if you want it back just crimp the wire back. Why risk damaging or scratching your dash when this does the same thing?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It took me 30 seconds to disconnect my center speaker. I used a dental pick to pull the green wire from the loom to get slack, cut the wire about an inch above the connector. This way if you want it back just crimp the wire back. Why risk damaging or scratching your dash when this does the same thing?
Hey, is the center speaker soldered wires? Either way I will try this week end.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I’d help but I’ve already decided to go with option #4 🥴 I’ll let you know how it turns out 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sponsored

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
I cut the green wire above the drivers side kick panel. Didn't have to remove the grill.
Photo from GTP post
20190927_175216.jpg
:

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I cut the green wire above the drivers side kick panel. Didn't have to remove the grill.
Photo from GTP post
20190927_175216.jpg
:
Thanks. I have to remove my front dash panel to install the Trufiber CF Radio/Navigation panel. Later

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s a wiring harness with a plug that connects to the speaker itself. I’m not knocking those who cut the green wire. It does serve the same purpose and is the quicker option, but will take a little more effort to solder it back together if you ever decided you wanted to activate it again. That’s why I am Suggesting unplug it.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
It’s a wiring harness with a plug that connects to the speaker itself. I’m not knocking those who cut the green wire. It does serve the same purpose and is the quicker option, but will take a little more effort to solder it back together if you ever decided you wanted to activate it again. That’s why I am Suggesting unplug it.
Yeah, I am a Unplug First guy myself. I can tell when I turn up the stereo volume to over 20, the center speaker (which is still OEM) sounds like it's garbling the sound between the door, 4 speakers which I replaced last year.

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah, I am a Unplug First guy myself. I can tell when I turn up the stereo volume to over 20, the center speaker (which is still OEM) sounds like it's garbling the sound between the door, 4 speakers which I replaced last year.
Did you replace the factory tweeters in the A-pillars too? Tweeters on a little AudioControl 300.4 micro amp, unplugged center channel speaker and new door speakers really woke mine up.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Did you replace the factory tweeters in the A-pillars too? Tweeters on a little AudioControl 300.4 micro amp, unplugged center channel speaker and new door speakers really woke mine up.
I did not replace them when I replaced my A Pillars last winter with Trufiber CF, Daaa. I plan on pulling them back off (An absolute bitch) and install new ones. Most lily the CF A Pillars will break and I will have to replace, my bad for sure.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I did not replace them when I replaced my A Pillars last winter with Trufiber CF, Daaa. I plan on pulling them back off (An absolute bitch) and install new ones. Most lily the CF A Pillars will break and I will have to replace, my bad for sure.
Yes indeed they are a bit of a challenge to r&r.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
IMO there really is no need to replace the tweeters. 2c.
Well then, I will hold off on that. When I get my Bass Box Dual 10" installed, all other problems should be corrected. Thanks.
Sponsored