FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Has anybody here replaced that speaker instead??? It's used for nav and BT, I think, so I want to keep it. Besides, it doesn't really bother me now with surround ON, but need to remove the damn dash again to eliminate a new rattle, so might as well make an upgrade, so I don't break stuff again in vain. Ha ha.
Those go through the other speakers too

It’s not a good place to upgrade
You don’t want it louder you want it gone
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Just unplug it and give it a try to see how you like it. If not, let me get you some more measurements from my factory speaker in case you decide that you absolutely want to swap it out for something better. Stby.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Sorry, can you please explain what the acm is and why you'd swap it. Thanks.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, can you please explain what the acm is and why you'd swap it. Thanks.

Normal people shouldn’t.

My car is 2017 mustang ecoboost premium 9 speaker system

I wanted HD radio, all my FM channels here are pretty much HD. I also wantsd a subwoofer using factory sub outs

So I bought an acm and amp from a 12 speaker fully loaded car. the acm enabled the HD radio, and the amp enabled subwoofer out.

But since the car the amp came out of being 12 speaker cars, those are 2 ohm 6.5 door and 2 ohm shelf speakers

While mine was 4ohm door and shelf

So I made the doors 2ohm speakers, and the gto629 rears are 3ohm, but they are high sensitivity, so compared to stock, blew them away.

Before / after with equalizer disabled is night and day. I used GTO629 in rear shelf, and powerbass 6.5 2ohm in door

If anyone’s near Dayton wants to hear my system with my JL audio 12w6v3 more than welcomed

Total cost was 65 bucks for 12 speaker amp, and like 100 for the hd acm.

160 dollars gave me HD radio, and subwoofer outs, and let me put better speakers in the car. 2ohm vs 4ohm means much louder in terms of original output

Acm is under radio, behind toggles, amp is under kick panel

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You don’t want it louder you want it gone
Definitely not louder. Ha ha. So better stick to OEM impedance, which is 8 ohms, and of course all freaking aftermarket 3-1/2" speakers are 4 ohms... which would make it louder, so an instant deal-breaker.

At any rate, since that center speaker doesn't bother me now (with surround ON), a better one can only improve the sound :). If I don't like it in the future, I could disable it from the amp, by clipping the green wire, so not a big deal. The better question is what to do if I don't find a proper replacement. Hmmm. I was thinking when I read about this 'issue' (before I bought the car) to just add a switch under the dash by splicing the green wire from the amp, but since I didn't even notice the center speaker with surround ON, decided not to touch it when I had the dash piece out to install the GT-350 gauges. But since I upgraded the sub, and now have to remove that damn trim piece again, figured I might as well upgrade the other crappy B&O speaker :). We'll see what happens. Thanks for all the help gang.

Flimflamman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 & 301A
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a foot peg on your hood release?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
I can't even tell what I'm looking at. 🤔

Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
That’s a pic of the driver’s side kick panel and the hood latch release. He’s drilled a hole in the kick panel and installed a rocker switch that’s in line with the center channel speaker, so that he can turn it on and off whenever he wants to.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Huh. Thanks for that.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Looks like a deep socket.
Yes, that’s how you remove the hood latch release handle (10mm deep socket to push the tabs down that locks the handle in place).
The handle has to come off in order to remove the kick panel.
Sponsored