Job 1 vs Job 2 (shark fin) roof antenna and what they do

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
You will lose fordpass connectivity. The sharkfin antenna is two antennas in one housing. It contains the satellite antenna as well as the 4G network antenna. You will maintain satellite radio and navigation but lose OTA updates, fordpass, in car wifi, etc. The "puck" that you want to install is the same antenna minus the planar F 4G antenna.

If you want to maintain the connectivity with 4G, you need to install the rear quarter panel 4G antennas.

All the information is here on the forum, search it out. Its located in about 3 different threads, but that's it in a nutshell.
Yes, I recall reading about the quarter panel 4G antenna in this thread....this is great! Thanks again Tom...really appreciate it! -Mark
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Yes, I recall reading about the quarter panel 4G antenna in this thread....this is great! Thanks again Tom...really appreciate it! -Mark
If you move forward with this, and you try to remove the connector, go slow and be careful. If you break it reach out to me and I'll send you another.

You can't get them, they are not available

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
If you move forward with this, and you try to remove the connector, go slow and be careful. If you break it reach out to me and I'll send you another.

You can't get them, they are not available
It may be awhile before I address this issue, but I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. Hopefully it won't break upon removal. I'm most grateful...thanks so much Tom!

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It may be awhile before I address this issue, but I cannot thank you enough for your kindness. Hopefully it won't break upon removal. I'm most grateful...thanks so much Tom!
It shouldn't, but if it does break, you don't have to shout out an explicative. There is a plan B. I did exactly what you are trying to do and it will work as advertised. The biggest pain in the ass is getting the puck painted. I did my own, but if you know someone who does autobody/paint, you may want to go that direction.

Boston Mark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 5.0
It shouldn't, but if it does break, you don't have to shout out an explicative. There is a plan B. I did exactly what you are trying to do and it will work as advertised. The biggest pain in the ass is getting the puck painted. I did my own, but if you know someone who does autobody/paint, you may want to go that direction.
I did body/paint/frame work for 20 years prior to my current occupation...the paint part shouldn't be too much of a problem. Again, thanks so much Tom!
Sponsored