Sponsored

JMP Twin Turbo and the Procharger

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I was totally off the mark about it being a bare bones kit, it is pretty much complete.

Linear power from the procharger will always keep it in the back of my mind. But the kit plus installation and dyno tune is just so cost prohibitive.
Sponsored

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Oh my....
26758514_1812501178781207_1922110455801414660_o.jpg

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Like the numbers too, but that's on e85.
23843540_1751618408202818_1801686772113969540_n.jpg

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S
Oh my....
I looked at the kit and those are not the turbos that come with it those are the more expensive ones you can buy. With injector tune install ds exhaust changes plugs so on it came closer to 8-8500 for me on twins. By far that is not a complete kit and the lack of response I got made me go the route I went for sure. Procharger wasn't the best customer care either when I got my stuff and they didn't ship me a belt for the kit.. but they responded to me quickly which is important to me. The money I saved by doing the install myself let me buy more supporting mods.

OP
OP
USMCtoARMY

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I looked at the kit and those are not the turbos that come with it those are the more expensive ones you can buy. With injector tune install ds exhaust changes plugs so on it came closer to 8-8500 for me on twins. By far that is not a complete kit and the lack of response I got made me go the route I went for sure. Procharger wasn't the best customer care either when I got my stuff and they didn't ship me a belt for the kit.. but they responded to me quickly which is important to me. The money I saved by doing the install myself let me buy more supporting mods.
I am aware this is an upgrade to the base kit. I was just showing my enthusiasm for a twin mount pic. I have contacted a couple guys over Facebook who run his kits. They come complete and they all have good things to say. The reason I like this kit is there is room to grow. The base kit wont hit my goal, this I am truly aware. I like the entry price. Plus, it gives me time and space to upgrade and tune the kit out over time. See my mustang is no longer going to be my daily, but a pure hobby car. And honestly, I am still not 100% in this option over the ProCharger just yet, but I am close. I am seeing what I can work out cost wise before this is all said and done. Heck, you got a heck of a deal with all your options. It is a process my friend.

Sponsored

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
I am aware this is an upgrade to the base kit. I was just showing my enthusiasm for a twin mount pic. I have contacted a couple guys over Facebook who run his kits. They come complete and they all have good things to say. The reason I like this kit is there is room to grow. The base kit wont hit my goal, this I am truly aware. I like the entry price. Plus, it gives me time and space to upgrade and tune the kit out over time. See my mustang is no longer going to be my daily, but a pure hobby car. And honestly, I am still not 100% in this option over the ProCharger just yet, but I am close. I am seeing what I can work out cost wise before this is all said and done. Heck, you got a heck of a deal with all your options. It is a process my friend.
would you be able to give me their facebook user so I can message them as well ?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
would you be able to give me their facebook user so I can message them as well ?
I got a ride in a single turbo JMP S197 about a week or two ago, car was quick for sure. It didn't really slam me back into the seat, but it was a manual car and we weren't on an empty road. I'm sure in an auto it would be a completely different story.

For JMP, their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/jmpturbo/. Jack responds pretty quick to messages, I almost grabbed the single turbo kit because the guy was selling his for $3k to get into either a Boss or an 18 GT.

There is another group working on turbo kits for our cars and that is Nautilus Performance (Joey Fanguy I think it is): https://www.facebook.com/Nautilus-Performance-Group-206946499326290/ They just finished up what they're calling their Stage 1 Single Turbo kit.

z3ro_011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mikee
Vehicle(s)
SS50 3.7l DOHC V6 2016
I got a ride in a single turbo JMP S197 about a week or two ago, car was quick for sure. It didn't really slam me back into the seat, but it was a manual car and we weren't on an empty road. I'm sure in an auto it would be a completely different story.

For JMP, their facebook page is: https://www.facebook.com/jmpturbo/. Jack responds pretty quick to messages, I almost grabbed the single turbo kit because the guy was selling his for $3k to get into either a Boss or an 18 GT.

There is another group working on turbo kits for our cars and that is Nautilus Performance (Joey Fanguy I think it is): https://www.facebook.com/Nautilus-Performance-Group-206946499326290/ They just finished up what they're calling their Stage 1 Single Turbo kit.
Thanks much appreciated.. I also have MT82 so I guess that would be my expression too once I boosted my car.

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
A few months ago. I was interested in the JMP kit too! But, he was unresponsive to any questions I had. Maybe this will be different with Auto Mafia handling his products. For now I will stay N/A. Just not sure how much I am willing to invest over $4,000. Or just save and invest in another project.
But, I have not completely given up on the V6. I have a rear diff with 3:55. Cannot wait to have it installed.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure to do some proper before and after comparisons on the 3.55 for me! I've been thinking about going with those since they are so much more plentiful than 3.73s and I don't want to deal with opening up the housing.

As far as unresponsive, was it in the way he answered questions or he just never responded? Because when I messaged about buying someone else's used kit, he was responding within a few hours and gave some good info. There's a PDF out there with some information on the install and other required/recommended components but I can't seem to find it right now.

Sponsored

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Will keep you updated as far as the 3:55 exchange goes. Will probably be early next year before the unit goes in.

As far as the communication with JMP. It was all very basic questions. That he never replied to. Only would send me his price sheet.
Here is the questions asked:
*How many of these kits have been built?
*Any success stories from the owners?
Just to be clear. Will need to buy larger injectors to make the Single Turbo kit work? Or is this for needed for really high HP numbers?
*Also, I am surprised a Single larger turbo is more expensive than 2 smaller turbos.

These were very basic questions. But, he never responded. I even resent 3 weeks later with no response too! (At the time these were July 2018 prices I was referring too. )

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
To help you out some:
- not sure on number built
- quite a few happy buyers out there in the FB groups, Mark Canchola (or something like that) is running his single turbo in the 10s. The guy I almost bought from loved the way his was working but was parting out to get into either a Boss or an 18 GT
- Larger injectors are required
- Single turbo is a better unit to handle the power, the twin turbo spools up faster. I think twin is better for driving/enjoying, single is better for power/drag.

Found the PDF on my phone, attached here.

Summary:
- get turbo kit
- get at least 650cc injectors (recommends 1000cc for everyone, required on E85 - so I'd just get the 1000cc to start because E85 is basically an easy 50-100hp)
- get one step colder spark plugs
- use 5W30 oil

Recommended additions:
- urethane motor mounts (not sure if this is a S197 thing or also S550)
- electronic boost controler
- driveshaft upgrade (mostly S197)
- boost gauge
- fuel system
- ceramic coating of kit components (temps lower = cooler air = better performance)
- vented catchcan/breather
- vacuum block

Attachments

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the procharger is such a simple install and works very well, never run into issues with the guys over there. no matter what you do, go with something thats a proven setup

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the instructions Nagare. I really appreciate the help.Looks like if you want to do it right you will have to add some more than the base kit.
Hey Beefcake remember I spoke with you a few months ago about the turbo kit after the BPF show? Now you see the other option I was taking about. I agree with you. It's much better to go with a proven setup.

Now back to the decision spend $6-8,000 or just hold off for another project.
Thanks everyone for their feedback

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
A new option can't ever get to the point of being "proven" if people don't give it a shot. Turbos have a lot of potential in them, but Prochargers do seem to be more straightforward and simple with belts being the main issue...and even then that's at most a $50 fix from a regular parts store.
Sponsored