Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Clear tails has been a thing for a while, but it’s nice to have a set that are factory that don’t have to be modified to work on US cars. More money than the aftermarket version, but I will never buy aftermarket headlights or taillights again after past experiences with moisture and electronic gremlins. Others have had no issues, but I had a bad experience with a taillight that must have been assembled on a Friday
Had nothing but issues with aftermarket headlights on the 2010 Raptor I had. Blue truck and NEEDED blue HID's. Lessons learned.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
Its unfortunate, but aftermarkets light setups can be hit or miss. They start off good, then the water appears...

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I got a glimpse of the promotional video Benjamin Bemaro shot of my car while in Vegas. I took a screenshot of this aerial view.

414ADF1E-BAA2-4D50-9B31-8561D6184A0B.jpeg

mech94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
don't know if it's been asked but how is the handling with the mss coilovers any squeaking or noises from the springs and perches when driving I'm contemplating ordering a set for my 350

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I got a glimpse of the promotional video Benjamin Bemaro shot of my car while in Vegas. I took a screenshot of this aerial view.

414ADF1E-BAA2-4D50-9B31-8561D6184A0B.jpeg
Good Lord. The Shelby vibe is very strong from the sky. Yummy!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
don't know if it's been asked but how is the handling with the mss coilovers any squeaking or noises from the springs and perches when driving I'm contemplating ordering a set for my 350
I cannot say it will handle better than the factory suspension as I have not tested it in that fashion yet, but I can say it handles better than factory in peasant mode. I received the car slammed at its lowest setting in the front and 2/3 lowest in the rear and I hit everything but the lottery (front splitter) on these crappy New England streets so, I raised it up close to factory height. Handling stayed as good but again I have not pushed its limits on the streets. I have not noticed any squeaking or noises at all. The only thing I think I feel is slightly more bounce when at low speeds. Like the car is responding more to the imperfections in the road. My guess is this will be a track monster with this suspension. I will say the ride was noticeably better when it was slammed. This is because there is no preload on the springs when set to the lowest possible setting.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday was this first time since the start of winter that I had an opportunity to work on my car. I sold the wing that was on my car to a friend a little while ago because I have new one to install. This view of the car almost makes me consider going wingless...... almost.

tempImagexpfiww.jpg

I spent the day removing the Shelby American supplied adjustable springs to install OEM track pack springs. I am doing this because the springs that Shelby installed are better suited for the car to be at the lowest height setting. When the car was delivered to me it was incredible how well it performed and rode. Now that I have the car at pretty much factory height, the jouncing on these crappy roads has left me wanting the stock ride. I will keep the SA setup in the boxes that it came in to remain with the car.

tempImagehhVav6.jpg

While I was in there, I installed my PowerStop rear ceramic pads and cleaned the barrels of these wicked tiny wheels......

tempImageDg444E.jpg

I am looking forward to getting the front springs swapped out in the next week or so. I forgot how great it feels to work on my car. It is definitely a passion of mine that is therapeutic to me. I can not wait to see what she looks like on the ground again!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I found some more time today to work on swapping the front suspension back to factory springs but ran into a snaffoo when I discovered a damaged spring perch bearing. So..... got a pair of those ordered because my mind can't just replace one....

Moved on to installing my new whiteout edition tails and my brand new CFTP wing that I had sitting in my garage since last year.

tempImageJuvNba.jpg

tempImagexMl14a.jpg

It sure is nice to see a wing back on and the car not looking like a 14 year old kid with no ass syndrome with floppy pants.

tempImageEJ5xx1.jpg

tempImageiyKgmb.jpg

tempImageL5HBM5.jpg

Oh, also got my 2022 membership kit today. It was a good day :beer:

tempImageVDty7r.jpg

Suspension to be continued..... again.....

Last edited:

tobaccokid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Thats looking good. I see you have the Kong CAI, how did you get it without the Gorilla on it ? Did you have something special done to it ? That really looks good underhood. I'm guessing it works good as well.
I bought his products. He is just fabulous to deal with - couldn't be any better or more personable. Unlike many who I buy things from.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I found some more time today to work on swapping the front suspension back to factory springs but ran into a snaffoo when I discovered a damaged spring perch bearing. So..... got a pair of those ordered because my mind can't just replace one....

Moved on to installing my new whiteout edition tails and my brand new CFTP wing that I had sitting in my garage since last year.

tempImageJuvNba.jpg

tempImagexMl14a.jpg

It sure is nice to see a wing back on and the car not looking like a 14 year old kid with no ass syndrome with floppy pants.

tempImageEJ5xx1.jpg

tempImageiyKgmb.jpg

tempImageL5HBM5.jpg

Oh, also got my 2022 membership kit today. It was a good day :beer:

tempImageVDty7r.jpg

Suspension to be continued..... again.....
Where do you sign up for Team Shelby?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This view of the car almost makes me consider going wingless...... almost.
Call me crazy but I think it's a lot nicer without the wing.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Don’t forget to claim your free 1/2-year Team Shelby membership with the unique coupon code from the brochure in your owner’s kit.
Hmm I opened it, took out the rotors, and put everything back. Must’ve missed it lol