Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to testing out some spacers. I reached out to Tim at OP Performance, and he was nice enough to send me (2) 15mm, and (2) 20mm hub-centric spacers to test fit. These are easily the nicest quality spacers I have ever seen.

tempImageVCYRJ1.jpg

tempImageuvcg9d.jpg

tempImagexb5k3n.jpg

tempImagerQy2mV.jpg

I installed the 20mm spacers on the drivers side, and the 15mm on the passengers side. I can make arguments for both sizes, but I think I am going with the 15mm version. These leave 100% thread engagement (using 3" ARP studs), and give me the look I was looking for.

tempImageTRHf0a.jpg

tempImageBSPBAw.jpg

tempImageuLdUDG.jpg

tempImageHW4Thd.jpg

I know there is no way you guys can tell such a thing from just pictures alone, but the drivers side (20mm) poke just a bit. The plan is, Tim will have a set of them made bare aluminum clear coated, as opposed to black anodized. This way they will not be too noticeable.

This past Thursday, I had the pleasure of attending the local Bass Pro show with a bunch of friends, but most importantly my brother. My dad died 11 years ago after a THIRTY NINE DAY battle with cancer. When he died, his piece of shit wife sold all his possessions, for pennies on the dollar. She then abandoned the house to foreclosure, and took the money and ran. Karma will get her in the end, I HOPE!

My dad's 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL was one of his prise possessions that was taken from my brothers and I. He spent 5 years back in the late 80's, early 90's building this car from the ground up. She ended up selling it at a fine arts auction (yes, I said fine arts), and it went for 20k less than it should have (stupid idiot). My brother wanted this car so bad, but he was denied the chance to get it, because she wanted the money for herself. Well, after a 10 year search, he found it only 20 miles away from us. It was left in a garage, never to be touched (thankfully). He was able to strike a deal and buy it back, and he has spent the last three years getting it roadworthy again.

Well, this was the first time we got to go to a show together. This was a big deal for us. My father raised us as car guys, and took us to car shows our whole lives. He continued to go to shows until the day his health failed.

This is why car shows mean so much to me.....

tempImageHyQ9ID.jpg

We got here 2 hours early to enjoy the experience, but there was no joke 1,500 cars here by the time we left.

tempImageTz1qWu.jpg

tempImageVCyJUh.jpg

tempImageKxKZ8x.jpg

Last edited:

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
I finally got around to testing out some spacers. I reached out to Tim at OP Performance, and he was nice enough to send me (2) 15mm, and (2) 20mm hub-centric spacers to test fit. These are easily the nicest quality spacers I have ever seen.

tempImageVCYRJ1.jpg

tempImageuvcg9d.jpg

tempImagexb5k3n.jpg

tempImagerQy2mV.jpg

I installed the 20mm spacers on the drivers side, and the 15mm on the passengers side. I can make arguments for both sizes, but I think I am going with the 15mm version. These leave 100% thread engagement (using 3.5" ARP studs), and give me the look I was looking for.

tempImageTRHf0a.jpg

tempImageBSPBAw.jpg

tempImageuLdUDG.jpg

tempImageHW4Thd.jpg

I know there is no way you guys can tell such a thing from just pictures alone, but the drivers side (20mm) poke just a bit. The plan is, Tim will have a set of them made bare aluminum clear coated, as opposed to black anodized. This way they will not be too noticeable.

This past Thursday, I had the pleasure of attending the local Bass Pro show with a bunch of friends, but most importantly my brother. My dad died 11 years ago after a THIRTY NINE DAY battle with cancer. When he died, his piece of shit wife sold all his possessions, for pennies on the dollar. She then abandoned the house to foreclosure, and took the money and ran. Karma will get her in the end, I HOPE!

My dad's 1963 1/2 Ford Galaxie 500 XL was one of his prise possessions that was taken from my brothers and I. He spent 5 years back in the late 80's, early 90's building this car from the ground up. She ended up selling it at a fine arts auction (yes, I said fine arts), and it went for 20k less than it should have (stupid idiot). My brother wanted this car so bad, but he was denied the chance to get it, because she wanted the money for herself. Well, after a 10 year search, he found it only 20 miles away from us. It was left in a garage, never to be touched (thankfully). He was able to strike a deal and buy it back, and he has spent the last three years getting it roadworthy again.

Well, this was the first time we got to go to a show together. This was a big deal for us. My father raised us as car guys, and took us to car shows throughout our whole lives. He continued to go to shows until the day his health failed.

tempImageHyQ9ID.jpg

We got here 2 hours early to enjoy the experience, but there was no joke 1,500 cars here by the time we left.

tempImageTz1qWu.jpg

tempImageVCyJUh.jpg

tempImageKxKZ8x.jpg

View attachment 620586
That was an awesome story about getting you fathers car back after an unfortunate situation.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: What a sad but heart-warming story..thank you for making my morning. But OMG, you are your father's TWIN! <smiling>

My only request would be the photo I hope you took of you and your brother.

And I hope the witch is paying for her selfishness continually.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That was an awesome story about getting you fathers car back after an unfortunate situation.
🙏

Jaime: What a sad but heart-warming story..thank you for making my morning. But OMG, you are your father's TWIN! <smiling>

My only request would be the photo I hope you took of you and your brother.

And I hope the witch is paying for her selfishness continually.
Thanks fella's

KB, we never got that picture in, however we did plan to. The day just blew up, and it never happened. Next time for sure.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tim from Formulenshoots is one of the nicest people out there. I am so happy that he reached out to me requesting to shoot my car.

Screen Shot 2021-10-11 at 4.04.37 PM.png

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Tim from Formulenshoots is one of the nicest people out there. I am so happy that he reached out to me requesting to shoot my car.

Okay Jaime, I'm getting dangerously close to having more pics of your car than mine on my work laptop.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Okay Jaime, I'm getting dangerously close to having more pics of your car than mine on my work laptop.
I am happy you are enjoying them as much as me :beer:

You may like the last one I have to offer as well 👇

ES 20.png

Last edited:

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Wife says "do you think it will be ok to park the car here overnight".

Answer "yea, shouldn't be a problem".

Wife: "the photos of the hotel looked better on the internet".

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

tempImageVCYRJ1.jpg

tempImageuvcg9d.jpg

tempImagexb5k3n.jpg

tempImagerQy2mV.jpg

I installed the 20mm spacers on the drivers side, and the 15mm on the passengers side. I can make arguments for both sizes, but I think I am going with the 15mm version. These leave 100% thread engagement (using 3.5" ARP studs), and give me the look I was looking for.

tempImageTRHf0a.jpg

tempImageBSPBAw.jpg

tempImageuLdUDG.jpg

tempImageHW4Thd.jpg

Well, this was the first time we got to go to a show together. This was a big deal for us. My father raised us as car guys, and took us to car shows our whole lives. He continued to go to shows until the day his health failed.

tempImageHyQ9ID.jpg

tempImageTz1qWu.jpg

tempImageVCyJUh.jpg

tempImageKxKZ8x.jpg
Jaime,

Such a great back story. Even though time passed, there was a most excellent outcome. It’s also very nice that you and your Brother not only share the passion for cars, but that you both now have your Dad’s Galaxie 500 back where it belongs. Having such a sentimental piece, whether it’s a car or some other object holds such memories that for most folks, it helps to ease the pain from the loss of a loved one knowing that object is still close by.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
You may like the last one I have to offer as well
Great shot again, Jaime and finally, landscape orientation. <BIG grin>

The fella is an excellent photographer with a good eye.

Tom: Go easy on the man, his credit cards are maxxed out. :-) And FTR, I think they call it a "grunge look." :-)

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Great shot again, Jaime and finally, landscape orientation. <BIG grin>

The fella is an excellent photographer with a good eye.

Tom: Go easy on the man, his credit cards are maxxed out. :-) And FTR, I think they call it a "grunge look." :-)
This thread has no humor. Just trying to bring about a smile or two. I thought it was funny.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Awww, come on fello Rapid Red owner..<grin> I think you can find humor in most places if you look hard enough.

How about this?

1634133787144.png

or this..

1634133979841.png
Finally, some humor!

Now how about Jamies car in a new location? I was thinking like the "who's next" alblum.

R.jpg

Last edited: