Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
I am more than willing to accept whatever payment you deem appropriate for my continued moral support for the awesome mods you are making to OUR car.
So what's a timeshare worth on this thing, or are you guys referring to a NFT, if so what's that cost? LOL

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I am more than willing to accept whatever payment you deem appropriate for my continued moral support for the awesome mods you are making to OUR car.
So what's a timeshare worth on this thing, or are you guys referring to a NFT, if so what's that cost? LOL

For just the cost of one cup of coffee per day, you too can make a difference.........

Hey, perhaps I can send you guys a selfie during each ride I take? LOL.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
My car shipped today!!! Five to seven more excruciating days :fingerscrossed:
Do you use the 'Ford Pass' app? You could track it's progress that way. When I turned in my prior Mustang (lease) I followed it from dealer to auction house to body shop then Carvana bought it. Ended up in Newport Beach before they finally kicked me off, presumably when they peeped the car for sale :D

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
John: Since I'm here before him, I'll chime in for Jaime. The answer is "yes" to Ford Pass and Jaime has been checking it regularly while the car has been in Vegas. The driver may also be giving him updates but I expect he might take delivery by Tuesday next if not sooner.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you use the 'Ford Pass' app? You could track it's progress that way. When I turned in my prior Mustang (lease) I followed it from dealer to auction house to body shop then Carvana bought it. Ended up in Newport Beach before they finally kicked me off, presumably when they peeped the car for sale :D
John: Since I'm here before him, I'll chime in for Jaime. The answer is "yes" to Ford Pass and Jaime has been checking it regularly while the car has been in Vegas. The driver may also be giving him updates but I expect he might take delivery by Tuesday next if not sooner.
As KB mentioned, yes I have been checking the Ford Pass app pretty regularly. But…. it’s not accurate between engine starts. My car is still showing a location only a 1/2 hour north of Shelby American since I was told it shipped. I am assuming this is because the car will only update its location when started. If I remember correctly, this is what happened when the car shipped to SA last year.

It’s either that, or it’s a a chop shop……..

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500, 2021 F350 King Ranch
Or it has spent some time at a truck stop (or something else!) just north of Vegas... with something funky going on in the back seats? It is Nevada...

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting.

I pulled the plug on mine, but I read that it could have been used to track the car if it was stolen.

A) I figured any thief capable of taking the car would probably know how to disable it and now B) seems pretty pointless if it only pings a location each start up anyway.

Officer - So you can track your car ... ?
Mustang owner - Yeah its in my garage as that's where it last got started ...

WD :like:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
As KB mentioned, yes I have been checking the Ford Pass app pretty regularly. But…. it’s not accurate between engine starts. My car is still showing a location only a 1/2 hour north of Shelby American since I was told it shipped. I am assuming this is because the car will only update its location when started. If I remember correctly, this is what happened when the car shipped to SA last year.

It’s either that, or it’s a a chop shop……..
Covered transport? Maybe that stops it from updating? I don't know how you're coping with the wait, it isn't even my car and am all anxious waiting for it to be delivered to you!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Or it has spent some time at a truck stop (or something else!) just north of Vegas... with something funky going on in the back seats? It is Nevada...
You’re not helping James, lol.

That's interesting.

I pulled the plug on mine, but I read that it could have been used to track the car if it was stolen.

A) I figured any thief capable of taking the car would probably know how to disable it and now B) seems pretty pointless if it only pings a location each start up anyway.

Officer - So you can track your car ... ?
Mustang owner - Yeah its in my garage as that's where it last got started ...

WD :like:
I would imagine law enforcement has a completely different kind of access at their disposal to find out where it is.

The app has updated since the last time I tried this…. If anyone else wants to mess with theirs to see what happens, I would be grateful.

Covered transport? Maybe that stops it from updating? I don't know how you're coping with the wait, it isn't even my car and am all anxious waiting for it to be delivered to you!
It is inside a covered 18 wheeler, but I would think the signal would still be reachable. Also, they could unplug the battery for transport, then plug it back in when they need to shuffle the car around, and that’s why I was only seeing updates sporadically last year. I’m just spitballing here.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put in a message to SA and got a phone call from the shipping company one hour later! Car was in New Mexico at noon today. Best guesstimate is "early" next week :sunglasses::beer:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately Benjamin Bemaro will not be coming to my house to install the film, and finish the video. We were unable to align our schedules, so we had to back out of our plans. Bummer for me because I was really looking forward to having him be the one to film my car. His work is impeccable, and it also would have been a great experience to watch him perform his magic.

LUCKILY, I was able to get my car into a very reputable film shop on such short notice, and it will be completely protected before I take the car to Mustang Week. With a little luck my car will arrive before the end of next week, so I can do a couple of things to it before I drop it off on the 16th for the two week PPF install.

I am beside myself in anticipation right now!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Unfortunately Benjamin Bemaro will not be coming to my house to install the film, and finish the video. We were unable to align our schedules, so we had to back out of our plans. Bummer for me because I was really looking forward to having him be the one to film my car. His work is impeccable, and it also would have been a great experience to watch him perform his magic.

LUCKILY, I was able to get my car into a very reputable film shop on such short notice, and it will be completely protected before I take the car to Mustang Week. With a little luck my car will arrive before the end of next week, so I can do a couple of things to it before I drop it off on the 16th for the two week PPF install.

I am beside myself in anticipation right now!
That's awesome Jaime. Sorry about Benjamin not being able to do the car.
You must be so sikked about finally getting her back home.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That's awesome Jaime. Sorry about Benjamin not being able to do the car.
You must be so sikked about finally getting her back home.
It's a bummer, but it's all good. I know the place doing it will do a great job, and they were very accommodating about squeezing me in last minute.

Sikked doesn't even cover it, lol. Hopefully you can come see it before I take off for SC.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
It's a bummer, but it's all good. I know the place doing it will do a great job, and they were very accommodating about squeezing me in last minute.

Sikked doesn't even cover it, lol. Hopefully you can come see it before I take off for SC.
Sounds awesome my man.
I hope to see it before you head down to the show as well. :like: