Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I also got some more parts delivered today.

Whipple intercooler brick manifold

tempImageM06ov2.png

tempImagexRhoIo.png

tempImagebgwI1N.png

Whipple billet belt tensioner

tempImagef2gVpu.jpg

tempImageBDxIco.jpg

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I did not get any supporting text, but I did receive this picture today. To me it reads that the punch list is complete and I now wait for it to picked up.

99329C8E-253D-4264-872D-96F2642F5121.jpeg
So I called Shelby and told them there was a change of plans, if you wanted to ship me all those parts you have so I could install them when your car arives at my place, that would be cool. Kidding of course, it looks better every time I see it. Beautiful car!!

Peter86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530i
I did not get any supporting text, but I did receive this picture today. To me it reads that the punch list is complete and I now wait for it to picked up.

99329C8E-253D-4264-872D-96F2642F5121.jpeg
Great! I think the hood stands better. Great to hear that Shelby did listen and fix what needed to be fixed. :) I hope my input was helpful for you too and that somehow I encouraged you to point out those little irregularities because such a beautiful beast just needs to be perfect :).

What was your punch list for Shelby if it is not a secret?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I called Shelby and told them there was a change of plans, if you wanted to ship me all those parts you have so I could install them when your car arives at my place, that would be cool. Kidding of course, it looks better every time I see it. Beautiful car!!
Ahh, the old switcheroo lol. Thanks buddy!

Great! I think the hood stands better. Great to hear that Shelby did listen and fix what needed to be fixed. :) I hope my input was helpful for you too and that somehow I encouraged you to point out those little irregularities because such a beautiful beast just needs to be perfect :).

What was your punch list for Shelby if it is not a secret?
As far as customer concerns, Shelby has been amazing.

I always appreciate people’s input, but nothing you showed me was new to me. I have seen those issues since I got the car, and I never intended to leave them, it was always the plan. SA also took care of other dealer delivered blemishes during the process.

There were two paint issues that I wanted fixed. They took my car directly inside the day I was there, and had them fixed in two days. They were very great about not waisting time. The hood adjustment was another, but they were taking the hood off for one of the paint blemishes anyway. The door will be addressed at Ford when I get the car back. This has always been the plan.

I have a good friend at a fairly local dealership who will help facilitate a competent tech to take care of the recalls and module updates. While it's there I will have them look at the door alignment. This is a factory thing, SA did not remove the door, and we both would prefer that Ford makes the adjustment.

Awesome Jamie!!
:beer:

Exciting times are coming, I can not wait. I have many things that I want to do to the car when I get her home.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
@Jmeo - what's the "Whipple intercooler brick manifold" for... you stayed with the stock blower, right?
I am taking the stock lid off to install the LMT lid. SA has already upgraded the intercooler brick, so I though this is the time to change that out while I have it all apart anyway. Yes the blower is stock, other than the upgraded intercooler brick. This manifold was just the final piece to the better cooling puzzle. That, and its black :like:

B73AA06D-7A96-45AB-9A33-F8938D39DFC0.jpeg

tempImage8ifdY4.jpg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Jeff's gear is absolutely top notch. Nice guy too eh, Jaime?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jeff's gear is absolutely top notch. Nice guy too eh, Jaime?
He sure is. He even took the time to help me figure out my next mod as well. Definitely one of the best guys in the business.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I plan to box up and keep the original supercharger lid to stay with the car. It was easy to get a new snake plate, but it wouldn't be too feasible to get a new signature plate. I know it has been done before, but seeing how the car is now forever a SA car, I decided to come up with something a little different to replace the engine builder signature plate.

I came up with this.....

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.27.46 PM.png

Much thanks to a good friend here who took all the measurements, made me the necessary file, and did the photo shop to help me see my vision. Secondly, much thanks to another good friend who is helping make the plate for me. I was working with someone to make the plate, but he found what I believe to be a better process. Lastly, I also want to thank my good friend who supplied the image for this idea in the first place, many months ago :like:

Here is the photo shopped image of what it should look like.

A6759A65-F320-4EF2-A9D9-F06229E11B43.jpeg

Last edited:

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
I plan to box up and keep the original supercharger lid to stay with the car. It was easy to get a new snake plate, but it wouldn't be too feasible to get a new signature plate. I know it has been done before, but seeing how the car is now forever a SA car, I decided to come up with something a little different to replace the engine builder signature plate.

I came up with this.....

Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 6.27.46 PM.png

Much thanks to a good friend here who took all the measurements, made me the necessary file, and did the photo shop to help me see my vision. Secondly, much thanks to another friend who is helping make the plate for me. Lastly, I also want to thank my good friend who supplied the image for this idea in the first place, many months ago :like:

Here is the photo shopped image of what it should look like.

A6759A65-F320-4EF2-A9D9-F06229E11B43.jpeg
That, my friend, is pretty slick!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
And yet another package has arrived :crazy:

Backstory: I really wanted the three gauge dash pod installed while my car was at SA. Unfortunately its early in the development game, and there are not any products on the market yet to allow a direct "OEM like" connection to the associated connections (aka fuel, trans or boost) for the 2020+ GT500. Bummer for me, because I am a big fan of dedicated gauges, not just electronic dash gauges. I planned to work on this on my own over the winter.

As soon as I pulled the trigger on the LMT supercharger lid, I knew this would now allow me to install a boost gauge. There is a 1/8" NPT port on the back which will allow a boost connection. So I went to work ordering all the required bits......

Carrol Shelby Signature Edition (by Auto meter) cf 2 1/16" boost gauge

DC031F29-84F3-4AF6-A880-581EBCC3B805_4_5005_c.jpeg

Auto Meter single A post pod

886EAB1D-2E3F-40D3-BFDF-C7664FF93417.jpeg

Me being me, I decided to overkill the project, lol. Earl's AN bits, and -3 AN black braided SS hose was acquired for the job. I know this is not al oil line, so there is no risk of an oil leak, but I do not like using plastic compression fitting line. Hell, I even picked up a -3 AN cap that I will keep in the glove box incase the line pops, so I can cap off the port on the back of the lid. Overkill? Yup, but I love it.

tempImageUeymcf.jpg

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime, your attention to detail is top notch! Car looks amazing. Are you close to saying your complete on the car? For a car like this, I always wonder adding the extra bits, "Is that too much...?" Its your car, so only you can say when its too much.

But congrats and cant wait to see some pictures with the car unloaded and in your garage again.