Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Honestly, this is one of those cars where you walk out into your garage and giggle, "holy shit, this thing is awesome!"
I'm pretty sure that's what Jaime is going to be doing forever with that in his garage

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Morning guys, I will get around to replying to the comments later today. Right now the wife’ and I are headed back to SA to do the final inspection (with Benjamine Bemaro), test drive, paperwork etc…

All I will say now is the car looks absolutely amazing, and looks WAY better in person. It’s freaking breathtaking…. and I am not concerned with any of the “issues”. Shelby will address what they can, I will address the rest.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Morning guys, I will get around to replying to the comments later today. Right now the wife’ and I are headed back to SA to do the final inspection (with Benjamine Bemaro), test drive, paperwork etc…

All I will say now is the car looks absolutely amazing, and looks WAY better in person. It’s freaking breathtaking…. and I am not concerned with any of the “issues”. Shelby will address what they can, I will address the rest.
Dumb question for you. Did Ben say if he could/would PPF all the CF parts (splitter/diffuser)?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Dumb question for you. Did Ben say if he could/would PPF all the CF parts (splitter/diffuser)?
He will PPF the tires if I wanna pay for it, lol.

The splitter will have to be hand cut around the letters. There is no template because the OEM splitter is textured and not filmed normally.

I do have him filming my wing, hood vents and mirror caps.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Seriously, you can be helpful and point out what appear to be flaws once. Afterwards it is no longer your problem and continuing just makes it seem like you’re begging for attention.
Here here, buy this man a beer!!!!
🍺

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will be landing in Vegas tomorrow evening. If you are around, I would love to see the car in person, but obliviously you will be busy enjoying your new ride.

Again, congrats on a awesome ride.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
He will PPF the tires if I wanna pay for it, lol.

The splitter will have to be hand cut around the letters. There is no template because the OEM splitter is textured and not filmed normally.

I do have him filming my wing, hood vents and mirror caps.
Ha! He does have the PPF for the CFTP wheels ;)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Amazing Jaime! I'm sure they had a few rags on hand for you to wipe the drool off? ;)

You definitely made the right choice on the wheel color and brake color!
Thanks buddy, I think so too. Here is the Ying to my Yang. I thing the Ying was the way to go personally. We all have different taste, so not bashing the black stripe/wheel thing.

Both cars are FPB wide body, one just has black stripes and wheels.

tempImageC2rxZt.jpg

This is such an amazing car! Looks fantastic!
:beer:

Looks good buddy!! You deserve it!!
Thank you

Absurd man. Truly a beautiful piece.

Anyone know how many of these Wide bodies they still have available? What a stunning setup.
Thanks. I just asked, and they have sold almost 50 of the 98 they will produce.They will sell up to 98 SE's and any of them can be wide bodies.

Gorgeous! 😍 Truly a dream car to own. I am happy for you Jaime!

I really don’t want to be annoying with this but please make them re-adjust at least the hood position to be more centered. And that line between right rear flank and door 😒.

How do they widen rear flanks? They cut off original sides and weld on new widened sides? Where do they cut and replace with new ones?

It really looks like a flaw occurred to them in that part. Too bad. As I know myself that wouldn't give me peace inside my mind even though this supposed to be normal with Ford and is really a minor visual irregularity.
As I mentioned, I appreciated your input, but I got this. Things will be addressed to the best they can be, and I am more than happy with how things are going. SA has been amazing to deal with, and they will do their best to fix what can be fixed. In the end only I have to be happy, and I am.

They cut out the existing rear quarters at the flat portion of the wheel well arch and bond on fiberglass extensions. They blend them in at the point of the crease in the fender that lines up with the one through the gas filler door. The front fenders are not touched on the 500's because they are already as wide as what they make their other wide body front fenders.

The "issues" that you see were there form the factory.

I have to tell you I’m not a big fan of the wide body Mustang, but damn, that looks awesome. Congratulations and enjoy.
Thank you

I’m with @Houston Kid - this wide body is perfect!

looks great and congrats on the wait finally being over!!!

enjoy!
Thanks, just have to wait a few weeks longer for the car to reach me. They are addressing my punch list, and hopefully it will get picked up by the end of next week.

Would everyone leave this man and his car alone. The fitment is better than 95% of mustangs out there which is all that matters... no matter how much you want Bugatti fitment on an American Mustang you aren't going to get it. I suggest getting off the forum and letting the man enjoy his beautiful car and go drive around your 530i BMW douche bag machine.
Thanks brother. I will say initially it bothered me to have a person shit on my parade. I understand his intensions were good............. That said, I am the one who needs to be happy, and I sure as hell am.

I think I love your wheels the most...wonder if I can get them from Shelby?
They are made by by BC Forged for Shelby. Yes, they can be ordered directly from Shelby for non SE cars. Give Chris Ruby a call, and tell him I said hi.

Jamie…congrats!:clap:

Thanks for taking the time to post all those pics and the vid as well. :thumbsup:
Thanks for joining me on this crazy ride!

This is starting to feel like the Corvette forum where guys would not take delivery because a body panel was off by 1/16" or a single stitch in the interior was double stitched.

I think this thing is crazy nice - and I'd be off the hook excited - it's a freaking awesome sauce car... it's gonna get driven on imperfect roads, have things fly up an hit it, hopefully go real fast around courses and live the life it was intended to live... with all it's perfect imperfections!

Congrats @Jmeo - love the end result! Now just don't do a t/c off launch leaving Shelby and become a meme...
Yah, I just aint gonna stress the small stuff. What they can't fix, I will make happen if I want to. Thanks for the kind words. Test drive went off without any meme being created. Thankfully, lol.

I think the car looks fantastic. The rear quarter glass is a really really nice touch.
I wouldn't pick the car apart by going solely on pics. It may need a tweak here or there but it's a very impressive build.
I absolutely love the quarter windows, one of my favorite visuals.

Thats exactly it, the car looks way better in person. Ever look at yourself in a mirror and think, I'd tap that? Then when you see pictures of yourself and think, crap he's ugly? Much the same going on here. The pictures are making things look exaggerated.

Honestly, this is one of those cars where you walk out into your garage and giggle, "holy shit, this thing is awesome!"
Dude, throughout the day as we walked around getting things squared away, I would see the car again and the feeling of WOW hit me every time. It is just that striking in person.

I will be landing in Vegas tomorrow evening. If you are around, I would love to see the car in person, but obliviously you will be busy enjoying your new ride.

Again, congrats on a awesome ride.
We fly out 0700 tomorrow, otherwise that would have been cool.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I was at Shelby american about a month ago - I wish I would have tried to look for this car!

toothdkdr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
david
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R oxford white
Jaime that is one beautiful Mustang !! I don't think anyone of us who has a mustang, no matter what model, did not have some panel misaligned. Its a Ford, what do you expect. Your going to love it no matter what.:like:

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaime that is one beautiful Mustang !! I don't think anyone of us who has a mustang, no matter what model, did not have some panel misaligned. Its a Ford, what do you expect. Your going to love it no matter what.:like:
It still goes fast, corners, and stops well so there will always be that which IMO is the BEST PART!!!!!!

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that is an amazingly awesome looking car Jaime! Wow.
Congrats my brother. You deserve it. I can't wait to see it in the very near future. Enjoy my man.

Safe travels to you and your wife.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
After seeing the black wheel/stripe side by side with yours, I personally like the white stripe better

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Jamie,

You may want to ask if you are able to buy replacement front wheels and if so how much they cost. A friend (@Bullitt40 ) Has a set of the shelby wheels just like yours (19 inch version on a 350) and the caliper clearance is very thin, about 1/16".

I had a set of 6gr wheels that had a similar caliper clearance and they got pretty chewed up from pebble damage.

I wish you the best, so not trying to dump. However it is a queation you should ask..... price and availability if you should have to replace down the road.

Heck, you may want to buy an extra set of fronts if you can.