Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Hello all and cheers from Europe! I adore Shelby Mustangs and came across this thread when googling for Shelby gt500 SE wide body (after watching presentation of the orange beast on Raiti’s Rides on youtube) :).

Jamie simply gorgeous car! I read this thread every day and admire pictures and the work on the car. :)

I didn’t have the plan to create account just to tell you this :) … but I noticed some details on the pictures that bothered me and said to myself that I need to give you “heads up”.

What bothers me is the gap between the hood and the fenders. If you look on the last pictures (on the one towards the car), left gap appears a lot bigger than right one. Another thing that I noticed is that right “corner” of the hood isn’t aligned with the fender line above the light but goes slightly more inwards and on the left side it is ok.

The other thing that I noticed is on the picture of the rear, right ”corner” of the car.
Right door doesn’t seem to be aligned with the chassis (edge between door and rear widened “hip”). Door look like forcing outwards on the bottom part. Upper part where glass starts looks ok, the slats are aligned but bottom rear corner of the door looks more outwards by quite a margin.

Maybe this looks this way only on photos, but I would pay attention to these details on collection day.

I think that all gaps should be 100% right on all parts of the car with such a price tag, so it doesn’t look it was crashed and poorly repaired right from the workshop.

If these irregularities do exist live on the car and are not only on pictures and If I was on your place, I would demand to fix them and re-set all parts 100% right.

I am a car freak myself and I do give attention to small details. :)

(Pictures attached for easier understanding.)

I hope everything turns out ok in person and that this is visible this way only on pictures.

Pardon for my English (not my mother tongue) :)

Best regards,
Peter

F56B09A8-A9ED-4613-8B40-DA3B3F7A60CD.jpeg

6BE6A399-FE85-4FF7-B325-C4009F4B915F.jpeg
I see you're unfamiliar with Ford products. Jamie's car looks so good it could miss a door and I wouldn't notice.

Peter86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530i
I see you're unfamiliar with Ford products. Jamie's car looks so good it could miss a door and I wouldn't notice.
I didn’t want to “diss” a car in any way. I admire it too. I just found those details unusual and share my notices.

Is this really normal with ford? My bad if so, really didn’t know :)

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
I didn’t want to “diss” a car in any way. I admire it too. I just found those details unusual and share my notices.

Is this really normal with ford? My bad if so, really didn’t know :)
Unfortunately it is brother. Gt350r, gt500 or ecoboost. Many look substantially worse than what you have pointed out. Ford’s body work and quality control is atrocious. I have a difficult time thinking of a worse manufacturer in this regard - and certainly none that are over 100k in cost…

The best part is that it usually gets worse as you drive them. I had unbelievable bumper droop on my 350R that the dealership decided to warranty it but actually was not able to fix it…bumper off, new clips, etc

But we keep coming back for more :)

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Not to take away from this thread. Stunning car.

Peter86

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
BMW 530i
Unfortunately it is brother. Gt350r, gt500 or ecoboost. Many look substantially worse than what you have pointed out. Ford’s body work and quality control is atrocious. I have a difficult time thinking of a worse manufacturer in this regard - and certainly none that are over 100k in cost…

The best part is that it usually gets worse as you drive them. I had unbelievable bumper droop on my 350R that the dealership decided to warranty it but actually was not able to fix it…bumper off, new clips, etc

But we keep coming back for more :)
I thought these irregularities were made from Shelby American workshop (carbon fiber hood, widebody kit) … well ok than :)

car is stil fantastic! ;)

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I thought these irregularities were made from Shelby American workshop (carbon fiber hood, widebody kit) … well ok than :)

car is stil fantastic! ;)
I think Jaime will appreciate someone pointing the irregularities out. If it were me I’d be so excited to get the car back after so long I’d probably miss seeing these until it was too late to correct them.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Hello all and cheers from Europe! I adore Shelby Mustangs and came across this thread when googling for Shelby gt500 SE wide body (after watching presentation of the orange beast on Raiti’s Rides on youtube) :).

Jamie simply gorgeous car! I read this thread every day and admire pictures and the work on the car. :)

I didn’t have the plan to create account just to tell you this :) … but I noticed some details on the pictures that bothered me and said to myself that I need to give you “heads up”.

What bothers me is the gap between the hood and the fenders. If you look on the last pictures (on the one towards the car), left gap appears a lot bigger than right one. Another thing that I noticed is that right “corner” of the hood isn’t aligned with the fender line above the light but goes slightly more inwards and on the left side it is ok.

The other thing that I noticed is on the picture of the rear, right ”corner” of the car.
Right door doesn’t seem to be aligned with the chassis (edge between door and rear widened “hip”). Door look like forcing outwards on the bottom part. Upper part where glass starts looks ok, the slats are aligned but bottom rear corner of the door looks more outwards by quite a margin.

Maybe this looks this way only on photos, but I would pay attention to these details on collection day.

I think that all gaps should be 100% right on all parts of the car with such a price tag, so it doesn’t look it was crashed and poorly repaired right from the workshop.

If these irregularities do exist live on the car and are not only on pictures and If I was on your place, I would demand to fix them and re-set all parts 100% right.

I hope everything turns out ok in person and that this is visible this way only on pictures.

Best regards,
Peter

I can appreciate anyone wanting to help, so thanks for your input. I have been studying these pictures all day, and I did see what you see.

The doors never came off the car, and the spot you mention was there (however looks less noticeable in person I think due to the stock side stripes).

B3098C24-9865-4BEB-B08F-713EE9D1B778.jpeg

The hood is new to the car, but the fitment is no worse, and probably is slightly better than it was from the factory. I can not readily find a picture with an exact angle to show a true comparison, but you can see the same issues to some degree.

876C9A57-FC6E-4E49-A02A-9428BAA439EB.jpeg

From what I can see in all the pictures that I received from Shelby, they have done a great job. As mentioned, this is a Ford Mustang thing, not a Shelby American thing.

My wife and I fly in on Tuesday to "take delivery". Benjamine Bemaro (my PPF guy) is flying in to meet us there on Wednesday to inspect the car before he flies out to my house for the PPF install. Together we will be giving the car a good once over. If there are any big issues that will need to be corrected, we will find them and they will be corrected before it ships to me.

To be honest, I would prefer to take care of as many issues as I can myself, once I get her home. Nobody is going to pay more attention, and take care of things better than I will. In the end, there will be issues that will never go completely away. Is what it is, I am not going to fret over it.

This car is to me the most beautiful Shelby I have ever seen, and I am going to enjoy this car until I take my last breath.

Cheers :beer:

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
I see what you’re saying I personally think it’s projectional. I highly doubt Shelby American would deliver a product with horrendous panel gaps. That is a World renowned shop. There is no way that’s going to happen.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Best regards,
Peter

I know before I allowed the car to be shipped, I would want to be there in person to go over it before acceptance. I agree, it's a lot of money and it ought to be perfect.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know before I allowed the car to be shipped, I would want to be there in person to go over it before acceptance. I agree, it's a lot of money and it ought to be perfect.
That is the plan Tom :like:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got most of my Bemaro overlays yesterday. Here is a sneak peek of the steering wheel overlay.

7073BC45-8AD5-406E-8754-A06F15BF4F9C.jpeg

Last edited:

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I was certainly skeptical on the billet/brushed wheels, actually pretty much thought i would not like them. However i have to say now they work really well with the car and the white striping. Has the 'classic' look while still not looking dated. Great looking car.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I was certainly skeptical on the billet/brushed wheels, actually pretty much thought i would not like them. However i have to say now they work really well with the car and the white striping. Has the 'classic' look while still not looking dated. Great looking car.
Everything works together and the wheels really help pull it all together. It wouldn't be the same at all with black wheels.

My favorite widebody by a long shot.

Last edited: