Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Front bumper assembled today, and the fuel door installed. Unfortunately we are in a holding pattern until middle to end of next week. Calipers enter paint tomorrow, and we are still waiting on the caster camber plates. End of next week hopefully the plates arrive around the same time the calipers are ready, then they can be installed, along with the wheels & tires. This is something I am dying to see.

Ford Performance hood vent delivered yesterday, the front splitter delivers tomorrow. The CFTP wing has been repaired and ships tomorrow to Shelby, so hopefully all these things can get installed by the end of the week as well.

Then, all thats left is the interior and I hope we can then begin talking about when I can fly out to finalize delivery.
Is it just me or will those few weeks be the worst possible time for an earth killing asteroid?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Are you having it delivered right to your ppf guy?
Even better, the PPF and ceramic will be installed in the comfort of my own garage. Installer is shipping the product here, and is flying to spend a week doing the install. The ceramic person flys in on the last day. It’s gonna be great.

Is it just me or will those few weeks be the worst possible time for an earth killing asteroid?
If the asteroid wouldn’t mind waiting for me to at least see the car finished, I would be very thankful.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Even better, the PPF and ceramic will be installed in the comfort of my own garage.
HOLY SH_T, JAIME, that is TOO DARN COOL! WOW! Getting to see photos of THAT will be AWESOME and I know you and that iPhone will be out there. <grinning>

TOO COOL, dude!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
HOLY SH_T, JAIME, that is TOO DARN COOL! WOW! Getting to see photos of THAT will be AWESOME and I know you and that iPhone will be out there. <grinning>

TOO COOL, dude!
Yah buddy I’m excited about it. I was going to talk about this as it got closer, but since we are on the subject….

Most people do no know this but Benjamine, the owner of Bemaro films, also installs PPF. He does local installs and travels around the US doing remote installs for cars that he thinks are interesting. Luckily for me, my car fits his bill.

He will fly out roughly the same week that my car comes home. He will spend the week doing a custom hand cut install of the film, and he will make a video as well for promotional purposes. Also, he will be installing any Bemaro overlays that I decide to get.

He also set me up with a business partner of his who will fly out on the last day and apply two coats of ceramic to the wheel faces & barrels, and then the entire car.

I plan to take most of the week off to be present as much as he would like me to be, and offer myself up as an assistant. I will also set him up with both my 4 post lift, and my 2 post lift for him to use, since I have them. I plan on washing the floor the days before he comes, and throwing a couple of window shakers in to keep the temps inside the garage manageable, since it will be July while he’s here.

The entire process of getting this car, winning first place (in my class) at Carlisle last year, (where I also met Team Shelby), then deciding to get the SE & wide body package, meeting the guys at SA (including new friends), Aaron Shelby, and now getting this experience has been simply amazing.

Last edited:

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that is awesome Jaime. Very awesome.
Good stuff my man.

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
That is amazing!!! Car is coming along very nicely. Good thing SA hasnt been hit as hard as the rest of the car industry with the COVID-19... Im sure your wait would be even longer.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that is awesome Jaime. Very awesome.
Good stuff my man.
:beer:

That is amazing!!! Car is coming along very nicely. Good thing SA hasnt been hit as hard as the rest of the car industry with the COVID-19... Im sure your wait would be even longer.
We are definitely down to the nitty gritty. SA gives an estimated 12 months wait for wide body cars. If things work out like I am hoping, it will be done in 10 months, so I cant complain at all.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am not sure if any of you will be coming to Mustang Week 2021, but it is all set up to be the best year in quite a while. Two years ago a hurricane shut everything down, and last year the VID did. Between that, and the world opening back up, people are itching to get back to normalcy.

Registration for the big car show on Friday of that week has now officially opened. My car has been selected to be put on display inside the convention center and I hope to see some of you guys there. Below is the link to register for the car show, if you are interested.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-m...-by-cj-pony-p-tickets-157966123929?aff=efbneb

Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 11.00.41 AM.png

BeastAR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. What an honor to be selected.

The wife and I talked about possibly going, would have to fly for sure... 13 hour drive in the mustang, not sure if the wife would go for it. And I would be the one driving the whole thing.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats. What an honor to be selected.

The wife and I talked about possibly going, would have to fly for sure... 13 hour drive in the mustang, not sure if the wife would go for it. And I would be the one driving the whole thing.
See to me that sounds like a blast! I will be towing my car from MA, and it will take just shy of 20 hours and a one night stay, but that's all part of the fun. Hope to see you there!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some good friends of mine are in Vegas for the Barrett Jackson event this week, and they were nice enough to get me a fresh batch of pictures for me. :thumbsup:

tempImageukpsin.png

tempImageUYSZZG.png

tempImagevsMb4B.png

This is the original trunk lid they painted the stripes onto. I also have a new trunk lid (with no holes) that they painted for the CFTP wing I was able to get my hands on.

tempImageAz0hZc.png

tempImageBaBspG.png

tempImageJupDt6.png

tempImagenzWM2i.png

tempImageU9VnTr.png

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Nice, getting closer each day. Excited for you! What is happening with the original trunk since you got a wing in time? Is SA just keeping it?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought about not showing this till the end, but I couldn't keep it quiet anymore, lol. These are the new 5 panel quarter windows that come on the 2021 and up Super Snakes. I was able to get them added on to my build, they do not come standard in the SE package. I absolutely LOVE them!

tempImage2z2wrs.png

tempImageApYg1c.png

tempImage51KmT0.jpg

Here is a little inside out view

tempImageeeQDDd.jpg

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, getting closer each day. Excited for you! What is happening with the original trunk since you got a wing in time? Is SA just keeping it?
Thank you! No, it's coming home with the car. I will store it away just incase I ever want to swap back to a swing spoiler (as unimaginable as that sounds).

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Awesome stuff Jaime.
That hood though,................:inlove: lol