Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

10thAnnvCobra

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Annv Cobra
Then it will hang next to the car when I move south and build a garage like @Goose17. He has my dream garage, cars too for that matter.

Actually, they gave me another copy that I can frame. Best of both worlds.
I agree with Gooses, garage. It's spectacular, and the cars are pretty awesome too! Congrats on your framed Shelby doc. Very cool!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
"Desperately Seeking Susan"

I have recently decided that I just have to get a CFTP wing for my GT500. I realize that I am late to the Game of Wings, but that is now out of my control. All I can do is put my good luck slippers on, and hope that I can get myself one.

I realize that I can get one, the issue is when. I have not been told any official word as to when my car starts it's makeover, but I do know that it will go into body & paint for the wide body portion of the build first. That said, I will need to procure one before this happens.

The base swing spoiler uses different mounting holes on each end, and has some in the middle as well. This means the existing trunk holes will need to be filled, and new holes will have to be made. I have opted to get painted stripes, so the trunk lid will be under the knife anyway, so that part is good. What IS important to me is that the new holes for the CFTP wing get drilled before trunk lid gets repainted. Hence the urgency to find a CFTP wing before this process starts.

I have reached out to Anderson Composite, and MPR. They both were very great to talk to, but neither option looks feasible for the timeline I need. Yes, I could buy one from Ford to have in time, but unfortunately they have priced it out of reach. At this point, I only want to use one of these three options. I want a 100% stock, or replicated stock spoiler. I do not want a larger one, or one that is visually any different in any way.

That said, I thought maybe it couldn't hurt to mention this here. Maybe, just maybe someone who is due to get one and does not have the timeline concern that I do? If so, possibly waiting another month or two would not be an issue? Maybe, just maybe someone knows someone who swapped to a professional GT4 or some other kind of wing, and has a CFTP sitting in a box (you never know)?

If anyone reading this has any knowledge, or ability to help me make a lifelong dream come true, please contact me. At this point, any news is good news.

Last, but not least, here is Susan. Notice how spectacular she looks in her natural habitat (color and all). Imaging what she would look like with them phat hips from the wide body.....

Screen Shot 2021-01-02 at 9.23.27 AM.png

Gracious,
Jaime
Susan, are you out there?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Is that you Susan??? :lipssealed:

D8A4E7B4-B583-4B85-A8E3-CE78D04412C6.png

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
YOU GOT ONE!?
It’s all unfolding as I type!! I’m so happy

It ain't easy is it Jaime?

Congrats. And thankfully, our covers stretch!:)

20210504_165122.jpg
Thanks Tob.

It sure as hell was not easy. Luckily for me there are some really great people reading these forums, I am continually humbled by them.

Good to know the cover stretches. Too bad I already bought a CFTP specific one, but it’s all good.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It’s all unfolding as I type!! I’m so happy

Thanks Tob.

It sure as hell was not easy. Luckily for me there are some really great people reading these forums, I am continually humbled by them.

Good to know the cover stretches. Too bad I already bought a CFTP specific one, but it’s all good.
Got to hear how this unfolded man! So excited for you! WIll you have time to send to SA to install as well? Looks like some damage on top, or bad reflection?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Got to hear how this unfolded man! So excited for you! WIll you have time to send to SA to install as well? Looks like some damage on top, or bad reflection?
The long and short of it is, a real great member of this community stumbled upon a chance to get some slightly damaged wings, from a friend of someone he knows. Pretty much a once in a life time thing. I like to call it finding the holy grail.

He reached out to me, did all the haggling, buying and shipping, just to help out a fellow member. You cant make this stuff up, some people are just that kind of caliber. I am extremely grateful that he reached out to me. I will NEVER forget it. I will also pay it forward.

We do not know where the wings came from, but we think they were from test vehicles. All of them are damaged in some way. The one I got has what looks like surface scratches. I am not sure how deep, but I now have a plan.....

I originally was going to take the wing to a very well known detail/PPF shop and ask them to wet sand and polish it to the best of their ability, then have them PPF it. I was hoping the film would completely hide any minor imperfections that may not have polished out.

When I called SA today to tell them my new plans for the extra trunk lid that I supplied them for painting, he told me to just ship it to them. They have a guy who is great with carbon fiber. He will be able to wet sand, polish, epoxy, clear coat... whatever is needed to fix the scratches. I am out of my mind excited right now. Between the person who thought of me, and the great customer service at SA, I am one lucky dude!

Before anyone asks, there are no more available, unfortunately.

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
The long and short of it is, a real great member of this community stumbled upon a chance to get some slightly damaged wings, from a friend of someone he knows. Pretty much a once in a life time thing. I like to call it finding the holy grail.

He reached out to me, did all the haggling, buying and shipping, just to help out a fellow member. You cant make this stuff up, some people are just that kind of caliber. I am extremely grateful that he reached out to me. I will NEVER forget it. I will also pay it forward.

We do not know where the wings came from, but we think they were from test vehicles. All of them are damaged in some way. The one I got has what looks like surface scratches. I am not sure how deep, but I now have a plan.....

I originally was going to take the wing to a very well known detail/PPF shop and ask them to wet sand and polish it to the best of their ability, then have them PPF it. I was hoping would completely hide any minor imperfections that may not have polished out.

When I called SA today to tell them my new plans for the extra trunk lid that I supplied them for painting, he told me to just ship it to them. They have a guy who is great with carbon fiber. He will be able to wet sand, polish, epoxy, clear coat... whatever is needed to fix the scratches. I am out of my mind excited right now. Between the person who thought of me, and the great customer service at SA, I am one lucky dude!

Before anyone asks, there are no more available, unfortunately.
That’s amazing bud, so excited the stars aligned for this to happen before it left SA!!!

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Congratulations Jaime, its going to look great!!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wonder if it's from this one ;)

1620402495553.png
It is not from that car, I saw this car in person when I was @ Shelby. It is in line to become a wide body car. Now thats one way to fix the damage :clap:

Surprisingly the wing suffered NO damage at all. The mirror and rear quarter were the sacrificial lambs, lol.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
It is not from that car, I saw this car in person when I was @ Shelby. It is in line to become a wide body car. Now thats one way to fix the damage :clap:
They going to make both sides wide body?