Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Blue.....1. cause i don't like red and blue together.....2. Cause you likely will be the only one with blue calipers 3. Any variation of red will look 'normal' and likely be unnoticed. 4. Just different and better different IMO

Furthermore I would put clear/euro taillights to remove that red also.....blue cars look amazing with euro lights.....IMO
This. All this.

There's still time to change your stripe color to Wimbledon White too, since it's gonna be a real Shelby and all. More one of a kind also, like the blue calipers.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Blue.....1. cause i don't like red and blue together.....2. Cause you likely will be the only one with blue calipers 3. Any variation of red will look 'normal' and likely be unnoticed. 4. Just different and better different IMO

Furthermore I would put clear/euro taillights to remove that red also.....blue cars look amazing with euro lights.....IMO
This. All this.

There's still time to change your stripe color to Wimbledon White too, since it's gonna be a real Shelby and all. More one of a kind also, like the blue calipers.
You guys are on to me.

I will reiterate that I love red calipers. That said, I want to make this build very special, and not just change things to change things, if that makes sense.

I think FPB calipers will fit the uniqueness of this car enough to replace the “wow, look at those calipers” that red normally brings. I believe they will bring a different appreciation that will look better when seen, than in a mock up image.

About the Wimbledon White...... this has been on my mind since day one as well. I like the contrast of a truer white to blue that Oxford White provides, but I am drawn to Wimbledon White for the uniqueness and heritage of it.

I know there is no perfect answer here, only what is perfect to the minds eye. I know it ultimately comes down to me to make the decision. I appreciate the back and forth with everyone. Sometimes discussion brings a different point of view, or perspective, and that’s what I am trying to accomplish here.

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I think I've posted it before, but here's some visual motivation, Wimbledon over Guardsman Blue. And FPB is in the neighborhood of Guardsman.... 😉

427sc.jpg

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I am all for heritage and such , but any white outside of a bright/truer white to me looks 'dirty'. It works for older cars.....cause there older and it fits them.....On a Brand new car to me it looks out of place. All my opinion do what you feel.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: I'm with Tony on this for the very same reason...I think WW works on classics but not current, IMHO. Here's a quickie OW/WW comparison. Not much but maybe a little help. (I'm moderately sure the colors are fairly accurate, at least on a calibrated display. I think it is a more subtle difference viewed like this than in person. WW is much "warmer" than OW.)

1610635240801.png

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
Saw this SA product today in Lake Charles.

4EC78052-8189-4B54-B506-A5560CB44AD6.jpeg

ED616E05-9199-412D-BBD1-388AA7A1061F.jpeg

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I still prefer WW. But either way it's going to be a beauty.

socal2fast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It will stand out if you go Red but have them but the Shelby/Brembo Logos on them like on
the SS.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I still prefer WW. But either way it's going to be a beauty.
I really WANT to love Wimbledon, but I just cant find any relevant images to help me make my decision. When I see Wimbledon on older Shelby's I love it. I just am afraid this car is too modern for it.

As of now, Oxford is color thats listed on my order form.

It will stand out if you go Red but have them but the Shelby/Brembo Logos on them like on
the SS.
The calipers that they place on the conversions say "SHELBY by Brembo". My car will keep the OEM calipers so they use a stencil and only "SHELBY" is painted on, which is fine with me.

I think I am going Ford Performance Blue calipers with Oxford white "S H E L B Y".......

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I cant wait to see this finished. Its been a little bit since my last trip to SA, might have to swing by tomorrow as this thread made me have a itch again.

Blue calipers white lettering:wink:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today I picked up this OEM rear seat delete which was removed from a GT350R. I could not pass up the opportunity to grab this, seeing how it was only within 1 hour drive from me. These are highly sought after, and rarely pop up for sale, so I figured why not? Well, unless you are willing to pay the $2-3 thousand dollar price through Ford Performance that is.

Thanks @Davesvt2000 its was great meeting you! See you at the local shows (hopefully) this year.

IMG_2376.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I cant wait to see this finished. Its been a little bit since my last trip to SA, might have to swing by tomorrow as this thread made me have a itch again.

Blue calipers white lettering:wink:
Wow, how great is that that you can just take a short ride to scratch the itch! I am very jealous.

FPB calipers is probably gonna happen. I am now toying with the idea of Wimbledon stripes as well. I am also thinking that IF I do decide to go WW on the stripes, that I should stick to Oxford for the caliper lettering so they will pop inside the wheel. Too many decisions, lol.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
White calipers possibly?
I am definitely going with either color matched FPB, or a deep red. To me no other color will work on my car.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I am definitely going with either color matched FPB, or a deep red. To me no other color will work on my car.
I think the deep red will look really really good. Like you something about red calipers just pop. BUT i think color matched with white lettering and stripes on the car that match.... would look very very very good..

I was going to do my calipers in yellow, even went and bought some of the caliper vinyl and nope, soon as it was on it was off. decided a red or color matched blue for my car.. ONLY reason i havent is i dont care for the fact the rears dont match and i hate that. why ford cheeped out on matching rear brembos on the PP equiped cars... (i know penny pitching)