Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Its a nice half a day. The gift shop has a lot of cool stuff. I usually just get a bunch of T Shirts when I'm there. Its over by the airport, so depending where you stay, its probably only a $12 Uber ride.

The excitement! You are going to own a real Shelby
It hasn’t set in yet. First, I had to feel the wife out as to how she was gonna react to me dropping the deposit while she was at work. Then after a very positive reaction I made this post. Reading these responses it is starting to freak me out honestly. I can NOT believe I will be owning a Shelby American, and especially from a canvas such as the 2020 GT500 to start with. Then.... a wide body... holy crap.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It hasn’t set in yet. First, I had to feel the wife out as to how she was gonna react to me dropping the deposit while she was at work. Then after a very positive reaction I made this post. Reading these responses it is starting to freak me out honestly. I can NOT believe I will be owning a Shelby American, and especially from a canvas such as the 2020 GT500 to start with. Then.... a wide body... holy crap.
Ah, a pair of shoes, some jewelry, or even a purse smooths things over quite a bit. Most women who understand us, usually go alomg with it. Its your hobby. It keeps you away from other women and gives them something to enjoy as well.

On the other hand, you will have a true shelby. You can't put a price on that (so to speak).

Mkeane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Congratulations, will look awesome!!

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
As the title suggests, today I made the deposit required to get my 2020 GT500 in the queue to become a Shelby American Wide Body car. To say I am excited is an understatement. This is a big deal, and one I didn't take lightly. Some will never agree with it, some will, but thats ok because it's my decision to make. My wife and I are extremely excited, and look very much forward to the end result in give or take 9 months from now. Below is what I went with.

Signature Edition Exterior/Interior:

Dry carbon fiber, ventilated hood
"Shelby" branded hood strut
"Shelby" branded hood locks
"Shelby" branded engine caps
Striping & badging
Leather Recaro seat covers - Shelby designed and branded
CSM numbered engine & dash plate (I got #4)

Performance Features:

Performance Supercharger pulley (800 HP)
Performance half shafts
High volume /flow supercharger intercooler
High volume/flow supercharger heat exchanger
Front & rear springs (Ford Performance)
Front & rear sway bars (Ford Performance)
Suspension recalibration
Caster/camber plates (Shelby American)
Extended & hardened wheel studs (ARP)

Optional Features:

First 15 Factory Delivery
-Hotel accommodations
-Meet & greet with Shelby American President & Vice President
- Shelby American factory tour
-Shelby swag bag

Painted OTT & Side stripes
-color code of my choice

Shelby Wide Body
-Widened rear quarters
-Side rocker panels
-Side wings
-20x11 matte black forged mono-block front wheels
-305/30/20 MPSS 4s front tires,
-20x13 matte black forged mono-block rear wheels
-345/30/20 MPSS 4s rear tires
Hey man if you decide you would like to save a little money I'd be willing to help you and buy that hood off you. Not that I want the hood or anything like that but just to be nice and help.

Congrats on the SE! Definitely excited to see how the widebody looks on the GT500. Going to be a sexy ride for sure.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey man if you decide you would like to save a little money I'd be willing to help you and buy that hood off you. Not that I want the hood or anything like that but just to be nice and help.

Congrats on the SE! Definitely excited to see how the widebody looks on the GT500. Going to be a sexy ride for sure.
Thank you, and to be honest I think I will be selling the original Ford parts that come off. That was part of the financial factoring to make this happen. I have bagged & tagged every bolt, clip, push-pin, and what have you that came off the car. Once the metamorphosis is complete, I don’t see the reason to hold on to the original Ford parts, as from then on it will be a Shelby. I mean, would I ever want to return it to stock? Nope.

Surfergeek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2004 Corvette Z06, 2020 F150 Platinum, 2019 Yukon Denali XL
Congrats! I think they did a nice job with the Signature Edition.

I was tempted when I saw it, but it's not in the cards right now.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Good for you my friend. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I take it you are in one of the so called "green states" and therefore they can't do any of the power upgrades to the car, no?

And this...

Leather Recaro seat covers - Shelby designed and branded
Do you know if Gary Disney is the one doing them? If they sell these separately at a reasonable price I'd definitely be interested.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Proud of you man, you are living the Mustang dream for sure. Can’t believe that beast with have 13” rear wheels

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Still, to own a real Shelby..... thats what the best part of that package is. Newsflash, these Ford builds are not a true shelby.
This.

Can't wait to watch this one develop. A while back I spoke with SA about wide-bodying my '15. The hard part will be doing without your car for the period of time while it's being reborn.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good for you my friend. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I take it you are in one of the so called "green states" and therefore they can't do any of the power upgrades to the car, no?

And this...

Do you know if Gary Disney is the one doing them? If they sell these separately at a reasonable price I'd definitely be interested.
Thanks Tob, I do not believe there willt be a problem with the power upgrade, but I will ask. It’s very minor, just the intercooler, heat exchanger and a pulley. I believe it will still be 50 state legal, but I will confirm.

I will also ask the question about the seat covers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Proud of you man, you are living the Mustang dream for sure. Can’t believe that beast with have 13” rear wheels
Thanks Shawn, I know right? I can not wait to see those wheels in person.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Thanks Tob, I do not believe there will not be a problem with the power upgrade, but I will ask. It’s very minor, just the intercooler, heat exchanger and a pulley. I believe it will still be 50 state legal, but I will co firm.

I will also ask the question about the seat covers.
Yes, ask about the seat covers. Tell them you are going to have to pass if they don't provide Tob and me covers.