Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I still have issues with the rocker extensions, especially on a bright color....they look out of place and added on. We have talked about this before....either body color or the lower complete rocker needs to be black to flow right. Just my opinion....everything else I like. I also have NO IDEA how that coolant cap isn't hitting the rain tray......
I follow what you are saying, really I do. The rocker panel they use is painted because it would not look right if the area behind the scoops was not body color. They do not have a removable lower trim like the factory rocker panels, and that's why the scoops look "add on". I also believe they just matched the look of the front rocker scoop, It's of the same design. The only real difference is that there is not a black plastic trim connecting the front and back scoop. I would have preferred a plastic edge the whole length of it, but I am not the designer, lol. I still love the way it looks, and I will be happy to rock it.

As far as the cap goes, I have to assume the new hood allows for more clearance. You can see in the pictures I posted, the under hood bracing is different, allowing more clearance. For me, my cap hit the rain tray, not the hood bracing. Not sure if you saw my previous post, but I modified the fan shroud to drop the tank down a good inch for mine not to hit anymore.

E02966EF-34A1-4D23-99BD-B72AAF5157E3.jpeg

EC4A1197-47AC-4E5E-B895-0283301ED636.jpeg

4CE4EFED-49BC-4054-BC30-804DEA49F0EE.jpeg

6F97B1EE-15FB-4F28-A02D-434550C54D20.jpeg

Same here. The previous WB from shelby was amazing, and that entire lower piece of the quarter pannel was widened as well and flowed so well. Not sure why they didn't do that here
Different body styles I presume

This car is beyond incredible!!!!!
I agree, but just wait till you se it in Ford Performance blue :rockon:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a new batch of photos.

tempImagemE1uhy.png

tempImagesTtPR7.png

tempImage8jnPKT.png

tempImageAWeTGl.png

tempImageBMkHD4.jpg

tempImagepij6sy.png

tempImageCv883v.png

tempImageUgZCqK.png

tempImageYt1RbX.png

tempImage5ZjXfF.png

tempImage5loMEk.png

tempImage9MMwAE.png

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I follow what you are saying, really I do. The rocker panel they use is painted because it would not look right if the area behind the scoops was not body color. They do not have a removable lower trim like the factory rocker panels, and that's why the scoops look "add on". I also believe they just matched the look of the front rocker scoop, It's of the same design. The only real difference is that there is not a black plastic trim connecting the front and back scoop. I would have preferred a plastic edge the whole length of it, but I am not the designer, lol. I still love the way it looks, and I will be happy to rock it.

As far as the cap goes, I have to assume the new hood allows for more clearance. You can see in the pictures I posted, the under hood bracing is different, allowing more clearance. For me, my cap hit the rain tray, not the hood bracing. Not sure if you saw my previous post, but I modified the fan shroud to drop the tank down a good inch for mine not to hit anymore.

E02966EF-34A1-4D23-99BD-B72AAF5157E3.jpeg

EC4A1197-47AC-4E5E-B895-0283301ED636.jpeg

4CE4EFED-49BC-4054-BC30-804DEA49F0EE.jpeg

6F97B1EE-15FB-4F28-A02D-434550C54D20.jpeg

Different body styles I presume

I agree, but just wait till you se it in Ford Performance blue :rockon:
I am a body color person so i would definitely have them painted body color....It will be less of a contrast on blue but it still bugs me....Like you said nothing you can do you didn't design it. I think it was detail that was overlooked.

Yeah remember you trimming, honestly i didn't realize you trimmed it that much until i just looked. Mine is touching just a hair. I thought about just making a small moon relief cutout in the tray itself....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Dat ass.....

erolivas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500, '18 Raptor, '15 STi,'11 Frontier
Do you know if Shelby also upgrades the belt tensioner (i.e. Whipple billet tensioner)?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know if Shelby also upgrades the belt tensioner (i.e. Whipple billet tensioner)?
They do not, the factory tensioner can absorb the slight difference in pulley size. If they dropped two pulley sizes or more, then yes a new tensioner would be beneficial.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I am a body color person so i would definitely have them painted body color....It will be less of a contrast on blue but it still bugs me....Like you said nothing you can do you didn't design it. I think it was detail that was overlooked.

Yeah remember you trimming, honestly i didn't realize you trimmed it that much until i just looked. Mine is touching just a hair. I thought about just making a small moon relief cutout in the tray itself....
I would be more inclined to add a black textured finish along the bottom edge, between the scoops. I am not a body color guy. To me a car needs opposing accents.

It was pretty easy to drop the height of the tank. That, and it will never be seen once installed, as opposed to always seeing the cutout on the rain tray. Just my 2Ā¢

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I would be more inclined to add a black textured finish along the bottom edge, between the scoops. I am not a body color guy. To me a car needs opposing accents.
I actually think that would look REALLY good, even BETTER than body color.....as much as I like body color the lower rocker needs to be black, it visually slims the car....

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Wow, that's a gorgeous car!

I can't wait to see yours Jaime. I'll be taking a bunch of photos, if you don't mind. We'll have to take some of our cars together as well.
I NEVER, EVER rush the summer away and want cold weather here, but,........come on October!!! šŸ˜„

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wow, that's a gorgeous car!

I can't wait to see yours Jaime. I'll be taking a bunch of photos, if you don't mind. We'll have to take some of our cars together as well.
I NEVER, EVER rush the summer away and want cold weather here, but,........come on October!!! šŸ˜„
No worries buddy, Iā€™m hearing three months, which gets her home for June.

Warpath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford GT500, 2021 Jeep Trackhawk
Ooooh man!! I'd be super excited and nervous at the same time. I know they are experts but seeing my car all apart and masked off...