Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I think the deep red will look really really good. Like you something about red calipers just pop. BUT i think color matched with white lettering and stripes on the car that match.... would look very very very good..

I was going to do my calipers in yellow, even went and bought some of the caliper vinyl and nope, soon as it was on it was off. decided a red or color matched blue for my car.. ONLY reason i havent is i dont care for the fact the rears dont match and i hate that. why ford cheeped out on matching rear brembos on the PP equiped cars... (i know penny pitching)
Agreed. The nice thing is you can now purchase the red caliper kit that comes on the Bullit, which gives you red front & rear calipers (still base rear calipers I think). Or you can buy a GT350 caliper kit to get Brembo all the way around. That's what I did on my 2017 GT.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
See if you can find a heritage edition 350 to go see in person to see the WW color

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
See if you can find a heritage edition 350 to go see in person to see the WW color
I am familiar with the color. I just don't know if the creamier white stripes will be as "wow" as the true white.

My mind is all over the place at this point, lol. The pressure of needing to nail down my decision within the next two weeks is killing me. Now I am back to red calipers...........

I truly do not mean to bore you all, I will get it figured out somehow. Thanks all for your input, I appreciate it.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
I am familiar with the color. I just don't know if the creamier white stripes will be as "wow" as the true white.

My mind is all over the place at this point, lol. The pressure of needing to nail down my decision within the next two weeks is killing me. Now I am back to red calipers...........

I truly do not mean to bore you all, I will get it figured out somehow. Thanks all for your input, I appreciate it.
Keep the stock white stripe color.

Dcgtconv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darryl
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500KR, 2009 GT500KR, '69Mach1 SCJ, '68 Conv
I wonder how silver stripes and silver callipers would look?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just to put the past discussion to bed, I have decided on my stripe and caliper colors. I am sticking with my original decision of Oxford white stripes, and deep red calipers with Oxford SHELBY script.

I realized that I was actually trying to talk myself into Wimbledon stripes and blue calipers. I decided that if I was trying this hard to accept this combination in my minds eye, then it was not the right decision. I do think WW and FPB calipers would look good, just not the look I am wanting for this car.

I am hoping that the estimated "start production" time of the last week of January stays on target. It is exciting to think that I will now see this thing start to come together. Thanks for bashing these things around with me fellas, I appreciate it.

7/3/21 Edit: I spoke too soon again!

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I only prefer a really bright white. the rest, as someone else said, look dirty and dont "pop"
Calipers, I think blue would look amazing. White too dirty too easy, red really has no place in a color scheme. Black looks good but doesnt show ( im probably doing this for mine, possibly silver)

do we have anyone good with photoshop here? get a better idea ;)

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I only prefer a really bright white. the rest, as someone else said, look dirty and dont "pop"
Calipers, I think blue would look amazing. White too dirty too easy, red really has no place in a color scheme. Black looks good but doesnt show ( im probably doing this for mine, possibly silver)

do we have anyone good with photoshop here? get a better idea ;)
Thanks for your input Steve. I am not a photoshop guy at all, but I did get one from a friend with blue for me.

Blue Right.png

I know what you mean about red calipers being a stand alone clashing color for any car that's not red. I believe this is because red calipers are the industry "standard" to signify performance brakes. Yes, other colors have been used, but the main reason is red = bad ass.

The reason I am staying Oxford is to be bright white. Besides bright white one would only have to decide on metallic or no metallic stripes. Has anyone any knowledge on this? For example, would using a metallic white stripe (like Star White from my 2020 F150 Limited) not be a good decision? As far as I know, stripes are non metallic wether on a metallic car color or not.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Go with your gut. It won't continually rationalize or lie to you, ever.

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
The stripes on my ‘14 are very metallic. On the ‘13-14 cars Ford used painted vinyl stripes, so my metallic grey car has metallic blue stripes. Looks awesome in the sun.
-J

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The stripes on my ‘14 are very metallic. On the ‘13-14 cars Ford used painted vinyl stripes, so my metallic grey car has metallic blue stripes. Looks awesome in the sun.
-J
Oh, I was unaware they used metallic in the stripes. I haven't owned a car with stripes until now.
Just last night it asked for another meatball. It told me I was still hungry, and that it had more room for that said meatball.

It was wrong........

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
BINGO!!! Always go with your gut.
(This doesn't apply to just Jaimie's case here, even though his mind is already made up, this goes for everyday life as well.)