Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Now that I can see it..... Vote exposed, hands down. But whatever you pick, its going to be awesome!

Interesting they changed the rear panel. Any reason to why?
No mention. I’m thinking to make it more their style? I mean all they had done was put a Signature Edition badge on the rear of the car. This way they are branding it I am assuming.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
leave them carbon fiber and just slap some vinyl on them of whatever color you want. Looks like an easy wrap job.
I am 99.9% sure I’m gonna have them leave it exposed carbon vents, but you make a valid point as far as future possibilities.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Exposed. It would be a shame to cover that CF, especially with the Python vent in the mix.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Jaime: First...CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the start of production or at least nearly so! Without a doubt, you have been "in space" longer than anyone else...maybe ever. :-) Not quite Lost In Space, but youknowwhatImeanVern. <grin>

Anyway, I changed my vote to exposed gloss weave as soon as I saw the images but I figured it was worth a look with FPB. (or as nearly as I can mix it.)

And yep, combine these beauties with a center Python and OMG, talk about POP! :cool:

PS. That last image from the front with the hood open made me grin because there's almost NO hood, it's all vents! <chuckling> Looks WAY cool though.

1610543439850.png

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime: First...CONGRATULATIONS on getting to the start of production or at least nearly so! Without a doubt, you have been "in space" longer than anyone else...maybe ever. :-) Not quite Lost In Space, but youknowwhatImeanVern. <grin>

Anyway, I changed my vote to exposed gloss weave as soon as I saw the images but I figured it was worth a look with FPB. (or as nearly as I can mix it.)

And yep, combine these beauties with a center Python and OMG, talk about POP! :cool:

PS. That last image from the front with the hood open made me grin because there's almost NO hood, it's all vents! <chuckling> Looks WAY cool though.
You are an artiest buddy, love the rendering.

Exciting times for sure. I still have a long way to go, but it's great to know that magic should start happening soon. I very much look forward to the updates along the way to keep me going.

Exposed carbon is the plan now, "this is the way".

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Jaime. The hue is close for sure as I used the published color code but the one thing I haven't learned or figured out how to simulate with PS is "flake" and PB needs it. That's why the image above looks so smooth because OW has no flake and the blue is simply an "overlay" layer. Still, it shows that exposed will look fantastic, no doubt about it and that was the goal. :-)

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
I still need to make a decision about wether to paint the hood side vents blue, or keep them exposed gloss carbon fiber. He sent me some more pictures to make my decision, well.......... even harder, lol.
I vote for the carbon fiber as is. Looks sexy. Blue would be a distraction from the theme of the vents.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
Here's another one, Jaime. Unfortunately, I can't "scale" (no pun intended) the CF "style" so the bands are out of proportion but at a distance, I think it lets you sorta see what they'll look like.

1610551232230.png

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's another one, Jaime. Unfortunately, I can't "scale" (no pun intended) the CF "style" so the bands are out of proportion but at a distance, I think it lets you sorta see what they'll look like.
Oh yah, that gives me a great idea what it will look like, and confirm the decision for exposed CF as well. Great avatar btw.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I stand by original vote. Exposed carbon fiber is going to look killer!
:like:

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OK fella's, I am again calling on your input for this next decision.

I have always been a fan of red calipers. The stock Brembo color IS red, but it is an orange-ish red. That said, I will be having the calipers painted by SA and I have narrowed it down to two possible options. Either a true deeper red, or Ford Performance Blue for which I will be having them use Oxford White for the "SHELBY" lettering.

Red would be more of the same, while FP Blue would be a very different and more unique look. I had a buddy of mine offer to photoshop a couple images to help with the decision.

Stock Image for reference

Orange Right.png

Deeper Red

Red Right.png

Ford Performance Blue

Blue Right.png

As I mentioned above I am partial to red, but I am starting to like the blue.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Blue blends too much. To throw another hat in the ring, yellow would look good against that blue

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
The blue looks good, but that deep red looks killer on the calipers.
Plus,.....RED, WHITE and BLUE! 🇺🇲 🇺🇲 🇺🇲

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
Blue.....1. cause i don't like red and blue together.....2. Cause you likely will be the only one with blue calipers 3. Any variation of red will look 'normal' and likely be unnoticed. 4. Just different and better different IMO

Furthermore I would put clear/euro taillights to remove that red also.....blue cars look amazing with euro lights.....IMO