Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
@Jmeo

Total curiosity with the GT500 CR announcement ....

Will you be selling your GT500SE Wide Body for a Code Red? Has it crossed your mind, or will you never sell yours?

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Since I don't think he tracks his cars I kind of doubt he'd get rid of what he has in exchange for car car he couldn't even drive on the street. Just a hunch...

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
@Jmeo

Total curiosity with the GT500 CR announcement ....

Will you be selling your GT500SE Wide Body for a Code Red? Has it crossed your mind, or will you never sell yours?
Right now I have no interest in selling my car. I have gone as far as saying that I will never sell it, but I suppose I should never say never.

There is someone currently trying to sell his CFTP car that was converted to an SE (non wide body) for $250,000. Not sure where he comes up with that worth, but as far as I know nobody has sold a 2020+ GT500 SE car for a comparison. His car has zero options, it's just a CFTP with the base SE package. Last I heard he was offered $240,00, but if it sells and that makes mine valued at least the same, or more, I would have to think good and hard before I just said no.

That said, I do not want the CE, or even KR for that matter. I am not interested in a car that has been altered that much in the engine/transmission/tune system. I am more than happy with my SE, I just think it should have been called a Super Snake because let's be honest, that's what it really is. A true Super Snake was born a GT500 and brought to life by Shelby American. The current Super Snake is a GT with a Whipple.

RapidResponder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2022 Shelby SSS, 2023 Raptor R
Right now I have no interest in selling my car. I have gone as far as saying that I will never sell it, but I suppose I should never say never.
Good call Jaime! Your car has a very linear performance curve, whereas the Code Red kicks in later and acutely. Its performance curve makes it an ideal drag car.

Your car is something very special, especially with CSM #4.

RR

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Good call Jaime! Your car has a very linear performance curve, whereas the Code Red kicks in later and acutely. Its performance curve is makes it an ideal drag car.

Your car is something very special, especially with CSM #4.

RR
And there’s so much more personal experience that I have from the whole process than anyone will ever know. I will never forget the joy this car brought me during the build, the people I have met, the relationships I’ve gained. This car means so much to me that I don’t think I could ever let it go. Hopefully my health and finances allow me to keep this car and pass it to my kids.

You sir are a big part of everything I just mentioned, and I will never forget that either.

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
And there’s so much more personal experience that I have from the whole process than anyone will ever know. I will never forget the joy this car brought me during the build, the people I have met, the relationships I’ve gained. This car means so much to me that I don’t think I could ever let it go. Hopefully my health and finances allow me to keep this car and pass it to my kids.

You sir are a big part of everything I just mentioned, and I will never forget that either.
I was just going to add onto what you were saying about the guy who has his for sale for $250k. I spoke with Tim over at Shelby American yesterday and I asked about the MSS Springs and magnaride tuning and he said that they don't do that really. They did it for the one car, but they tend not to do that. They said that Vince did the tuning on the package and it worked great, but they don't mess around with the magnaride suspension. With your rear windows, which I would love to try and get put on my car as well, and the MSS springs and magnaride tuning, I would venture to say you are well above that mark value-wise. If he gets the $250k I guess he would set the benchmark for valuation going forward.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I was just going to add onto what you were saying about the guy who has his for sale for $250k. I spoke with Tim over at Shelby American yesterday and I asked about the MSS Springs and magnaride tuning and he said that they don't do that really. They did it for the one car, but they tend not to do that. They said that Vince did the tuning on the package and it worked great, but they don't mess around with the magnaride suspension. With your rear windows, which I would love to try and get put on my car as well, and the MSS springs and magnaride tuning, I would venture to say you are well above that mark value-wise. If he gets the $250k I guess he would set the benchmark for valuation going forward.
Are you saying they aren’t doing the adjustable MSS suspension on current SE cars?

ford20

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 HE On Order / 2012 Boss 302 Laguna Seca
Are you saying they aren’t doing the adjustable MSS suspension on current SE cars?
I believe that is the case. When I speak to Tim again, I will find out and confirm. I think with the quarter windows, yours is a 1 of 1. From what you and a few other people have said that the car rides so much better in normal mode and with the suspension tuning, it supposedly handles great on the track. I would like to try and push to get that though just because of what it offers.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe that is the case. When I speak to Tim again, I will find out and confirm. I think with the quarter windows, yours is a 1 of 1. From what you and a few other people have said that the car rides so much better in normal mode and with the suspension tuning, it supposedly handles great on the track. I would like to try and push to get that though just because of what it offers.
I was very fortunate to get a pair of these windows on my car. At one point they wanted to pull them out when it was discovered I got them, but I got lucky.

The suspension was included for me because at the time GForce hadn’t yet developed the 1/2 shafts, so I got the suspension as a supplement option. I would be surprised if you couldn’t at the very least get them as an additional option.

If you want to chat in the future, my cell number is in out last PM.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500
I put deposit on SE and widebody @ 6 weeks ago...probably going to be a 2 part build due to body shop backlog.
I went for widebody, painted stripes, painted calipers, painted s/c, painted rear wing (non track pack) and coolant reservoir

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I put deposit on SE and widebody @ 6 weeks ago...probably going to be a 2 part build due to body shop backlog.
I went for widebody, painted stripes, painted calipers, painted s/c, painted rear wing (non track pack) and coolant reservoir
Excellent, congratulations I am 100% sure you are going to love it. I am very curious to find out just how many of the 98 SE’s they have built. Hopefully you can get that information from your sales guy. Chris Ruby was my guy, and he was quite amazing but unfortunately for all customers after me he left the company and moved back to Ohio. There was another guy who was a complete tool, but he was recently fired, thankfully for all customers. Good luck with your guy (Tim maybe?), hopefully the experience is a good one for you. My experience was second to none, but I have a good friend who hasn’t been so lucky, so I wish you the best.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500
Excellent, congratulations I am 100% sure you are going to love it. I am very curious to find out just how many of the 98 SE’s they have built. Hopefully you can get that information from your sales guy. Chris Ruby was my guy, and he was quite amazing but unfortunately for all customers after me he left the company and moved back to Ohio. There was another guy who was a complete tool, but he was recently fired, thankfully for all customers. Good luck with your guy (Tim maybe?), hopefully the experience is a good one for you. My experience was second to none, but I have a good friend who hasn’t been so lucky, so I wish you the best.
Ty...can't wait!! Unfortunately I was quoted 2 yrs for widebody but hopefully sooner. SE will be done late winter/spring. Yes I'm dealing with Tim. In the meantime Putting Borla Atak with cf tips on this weekend. Btw...ur car looks amazing...it helped convince me for the widebody.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Ty...can't wait!! Unfortunately I was quoted 2 yrs for widebody but hopefully sooner. SE will be done late winter/spring. Yes I'm dealing with Tim. In the meantime Putting Borla Atak with cf tips on this weekend. Btw...ur car looks amazing...it helped convince me for the widebody.
Two years for wide body? Wow, crazy. So you are getting the SE treatment then the car goes back for the wide body? That is the opposite of my experience.

I’m not sure if I should say your welcome or I’m sorry, lol. The wide body is just insane, and it has to be seen in person to appreciate just how amazing it is. Glad my build helped make your decision. Hopefully you get what you want in the end, I know I did.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
It's been a while, and not much going on around here. Car continues to bring smiles per mile!

She's tucked away for the winter, but I got some cosmetic upgrades in the works. The car is mechanically everything I need, so what else is there to do?

tempImage0lBurV.jpg

Found this from a guy on Fakebook who even got licensing from Shelby American, so I "had" to help his business. He was great to work with, and delivers a great product. He can customize it in just about any way you can think up. This is Ford Performance Blue and Star White to match the two colors on my car. This hood prop is a lot bigger than it looks. I will see if I can get a picture with it in action this weekend.

Last edited: