Jmeo's 2020 Shelby American GT500 SE Wide Body Build (+ "Phase 2")

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Nah, I'm too scared to squeeze the juice. I drilled and tapped the factory lid to keep my boost gauge. The LMT lid has an NPT port which allowed me to install my mechanical boost gauge, which I wanted to keep.

I wanted to make it to Pikes Peak, just want in the cards. The wife and I have blown the vacation budget on two trips to Mexico (October 2022 & April 2023) so there is no chance of any more car get aways until perhaps Carlisle next year. Unfortunately.

Drive fast and take chances, got it.

Well in my defense, this change will actually put money back in my pocket lol. I returned to the stock lid, stock intercooler manifold and stock belt tensioner. I will now be selling the LMT lid, Whipple intercooler manifold and Whipple belt tensioner. Hopefully soon I can take the family to Taco Bell.
Kind of curious why you’re going back to stock on these parts?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Kind of curious why you’re going back to stock on these parts?
I only went with the LMT lid because I really wanted a mechanical boost gauge. Then I fell down a rabbit hole because I couldn't have a bare aluminum manifold on a black lid. Then I couldn't leave the Whipple website without wanting more parts. End result was what you saw.

I have zero need for the LMT lid because I will never port my blower, and only then would I benefit the slight (0.5 ish) extra boost from the lid. I also will never get gains from the Whipple manifold because even though my intercooler is larger than stock, it still uses the smaller stock size ports. Lastly because I will never increase HP or drop any smaller on the SC pulley, I do not "need" the tensioner.

Also, I think for what I have now, it is a better idea to keep the original lid with the engine builders name on it. Just they way my mind works I guess.

I came ups with the idea to drill and tap my lid to get me what I really wanted, the boost gauge. If I am being truly honest, I also missed the bare aluminum color lid.

Plus it gave me something to do, haha. I now have more ideas that I want to do under the hood too.

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I only went with the LMT lid because I really wanted a mechanical boost gauge. Then I fell down a rabbit hole because I couldn't have a bare aluminum manifold on a black lid. Then I couldn't leave the Whipple website without wanting more parts. End result was what you saw.

I have zero need for the LMT lid because I will never port my blower, and only then would I benefit the slight (0.5 ish) extra boost from the lid. I also will never get gains from the Whipple manifold because even though my intercooler is larger than stock, it still uses the smaller stock size ports. Lastly because I will never increase HP or drop any smaller on the SC pulley, I do not "need" the tensioner.

Also, I think for what I have now, it is a better idea to keep the original lid with the engine builders name on it. Just they way my mind works I guess.

I came ups with the idea to drill and tap my lid to get me what I really wanted, the boost gauge. If I am being truly honest, I also missed the bare aluminum color lid.

Plus it gave me something to do, haha. I now have more ideas that I want to do under the hood too.
That’s cool, and yeah having an SE or KR would make me think twice about modifying it…but I don’t so f**kit! 🤣🤣🤣

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a little sneak peek from a photo shoot of my car for a feature by Mike Clay (Mustang Week creator/ organizer) for an upcoming article in Mustang Driver Magazine. My friend @V8Venom took this amazing photograph, along with many others, that will be published soon.

Hoping this light painting photo wins the monthly photo competition by getting the most likes.

FF4C9E71-FFE0-4FF0-8823-030A51B130E0.jpeg

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...2022-guidelines-in-post-1.178544/post-3602874

Last edited:

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
Great photo. It’s almost like a very detailed model diorama.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I know my choice for "first responder".
:beer:

Great photo. It’s almost like a very detailed model diorama.
I learned so much about photography from my friend. Before this I had never heard of light painting. The amount of work involved in this photograph is insane.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mustang Driver has now posted the article on my car. In a world where car magazine subscriptions are dead, I truly appreciate the opportunity to be a part of this online publication. If you like what you see, don't be a afraid to subscribe. I am not affiliated with Mustang Driver, nor am I compensated in any way, I just want to help the modern world of car enthusiasts enjoy good content.

I was lucky enough to be selected, and a good friend of mine was able to fly out and take credit for the amazing photos. Mike Clay (Mustang Week) has joined with Mustang Driver to bring back individual car owner articles, and I think that's a great thing.

https://www.mustangdriver.com/feature-articles/one-cool-gt500

Screen Shot 2022-08-23 at 3.25.05 PM.png

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Superb story with some great shots. Nice work my friend. Perfect backdrop, that cover shot really pops. Wow.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
WOW. That is awesome Jaime!
Congrats on the coverage my brother. Well deserved. 🍻

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Some good pics, but it looks photoshopped inside the fire station. And car magazine subscriptions aren't dead...I still get Car and Driver in print!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Some good pics, but it looks photoshopped inside the fire station. And car magazine subscriptions aren't dead...I still get Car and Driver in print!
Thats because they are not just photographs, they are light paintings, aka painting with light. They are long exposure shots taken while selectively illuminating the car with light. Many different exposures are taken and layered over each other during editing. It will not look like a traditional photograph because it isn’t.

But….. can you still get a mustang specific magazine in print? No. Car and Driver will succumb to this fate one day I’m sure. Enjoy it while you can.

Mayberry

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 500, 2021 F350 King Ranch
Great tribute to not only a really cool car, but an even better owner!
Absolutely phenomenal imagery, and such a fitting setting.

Congratulations Brother, this car is so deserving!