You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Jaime have the steering wheels changed at all? I still have my carbon steering wheel and wondering if it fits on the gt500?
Holy moly, a blast from the past. What's up Jason?

No changes that I can see, I would bet your wheel will fit a GT500.
Sponsored

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Holy moly, a blast from the past. What's up Jason?

No changes that I can see, I would bet your wheel will fit a GT500.

I want to go for a ride!
Just busy working, how have you been?

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I want to go for a ride!
Just busy working, how have you been?
Much of the same here as well. We can make that happen once the world opens up again.

Caution, remember what happened the first time we met, and I took you for a ride in my 2015 Whippled GT?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
i would be fine with that! White again.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I had the rain tray painted to match the hood vent, and I installed a custom made vinyl cobra decal. When the very first pictures of this car were hitting the internet almost two years ago, it had a cobra on the rain tray that never made it to production....until now.

IMG_0989.JPG

IMG_0990 copy.jpg

Sponsored

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Today I also got around to installing Steeda’s “Stop The Hop” kit.

1.jpg

2.jpg

I started by taking down the rear, under car diffuser, and then supporting the subframe.

3.JPG

Since I only needed to lower each corner of the subframe, one by one, just enough to slide an insert between it and the frame, I did not drop the exhaust. I just unhooked the hangers from the subframe.

I loosened each of the four subframe bolts, and using the support jacks, lowered each one at at time side and slipped an insert in place. The front bushing also gets a lower insert between it and the front brackets.

4.jpg

5.jpg

The subframe alignment pins have a counterbore that needs to be positioned at the head end of the subframe bolt. The counterbore is to allow the knurl at the base of the bolt to clear. To be sure you have it positioned correctly, the insert will fit all the way over the bolt and sit on the bracket. Follow the same procedure for the rear alignment pins as well.

6.JPG

If you find that yo need to move the subframe to get the holes centered (I did), use a pick or pry bar through the hole in the subframe, then into the hole in the frame, and gently pry the subframe into the desired position.

7.jpg

Installing the braces is pretty straight forward. I find it best to loosely start one of the front bolts, one of the rear bolts, and the center bolt that threads into the front subframe bracket.

The rear bolt has a nut that must be installed from above. I find the best tool for the job is an 18mm offset box end wrench.

8.jpg

9.jpg

Voila'

10.jpg

11.JPG

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.JPG

I will say the two piece inserts for the rear lower bushings do not fit the GT500. Apparently the rear subframe bushings are different on Shelby models.

Jmeo, Thank you for sharing!!

Team Steeda!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jmeo, Thank you for sharing!!

Team Steeda!
Oh hell yah, These are among my personal favorite Steeda parts, and I look forward to installing more. I Can't wait to see what else you guys come out with for these 2020 GT500's!

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Today I installed a 2 camera dash cam. I have always wanted to have one, so I though this would be the perfect car to install one in.

I decided on a Blackvue DR900S-2 channel, and their Power Magic Pro to be sure it doesn't kill the battery when parked. I did not get a battery back-up, as I feel this is more than I will need.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

Instead of using the included stick on mount for the front camera, I picked up a Blend Mount to attach it to the rearview mirror instead.

6.jpg

The only thing thats not included in the camera kit for install, are fuse taps. Our car needs two Micro 2 taps, so I picked up this handy kit on eBay. My OCD wouldn't let me use a red wire for constant power, so I used some yellow electrical tape to please the brain.

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

I used fuse #4 in the passenger kick-panel for constant power (yellow), and fuse #35 for switched ignition (red). I used the lower ground stud located above the fuse panel for the ground (note the red ring terminal I used to do this, just above the fuse box in the picture below).

Now, in order for the switched ignition fuse tap to fit in that location, I had to grind the extra material off. You will see this exposed a little of the metal. so I used my trusty supply of plasti-dip to coat the surface and protect the exposed terminal.

10.JPG

11.JPG

12.JPG

13.JPG

14.JPG

I chose to mount the Power Magic Pro in the glove box so I could easily reach the switch to turn off parking mode recording when the car sits in my garage (no need), and for winter storage. To get the glove box to drop all the way down, you need to pop off the slide control on the right side of the glovebox. Lift up on the end that connects to the glovebox and it releases, then just push in on the sides of the glovebox so the rubber bumpers can clear the dash

15.JPG

16.JPG

The wiring harness is what needs the constant power, switched power, and ground. Off this harness is a 12v outlet, which the front dash cam simply plugs into. I made a wiring harness to run the wires from the glove box to the fuse panel. I wire-tied the female 12v plug to the cars harness that runs behind the glovebox, and the male plug that powers the dash cam just plugs into it. The glovebox already has slits cut ou on either side, and this is what I used to get the harness into it. I used double sided tape to attach the module to the left side of the glovebox so I could just open the glovebox from the drivers seat and flip the switch.

17.JPG

18.JPG

19.JPG

20.JPG

I took the clip that holds the stock rearview mirror harness off the mirror to make more room to attach the Blend Mount. Just insert a small flat head screwdriver into it to release it.

21.JPG

Here is the camera mounted to the mirror. I popped off the plastic conduit channel that hides the factory mirror harness, and passed the power cable for the camera, and the rear camera cable through it for a nice clean install. I ran the power harness across to the passenger side, down the A post, into the dash and connected it to the female 12v receptacle of the Power Magic Pro. I ran the rear camera cable across to the drivers side, and followed the headliner all the way to the center of the rear window, where it plugs into the rear camera. The rear camera has a mount that sticks to the window with double sided tape.

22.JPG

23.JPG

24.JPG

This is a very simple install. The most difficult part was my feeble attempt at becoming a contortionist to get up inside the fusebox area. Lets just say I that I needed 800mg of Motrin when I was done.

I am still learning how to use this camera setup. Overall I would say its super easy to use, and works MINT.

Here is the front and rear recording of the test run after installing it. You can see my front windshield tint strip in the video, but in does not hinder the recording in any way. I like how the tint strip mostly hides the camera from the front view. I have been using tint strips in all my vehicles for 20 years, and I will always use one. It is great for the eyes, and it looks great from the outside. The rear camera is almost not noticeable from the exterior because of the 20% tint, and it is barely visible from the rearview mirror.

Last edited:

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Did you (or do you) sell Snap-on lol

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you (or do you) sell Snap-on lol
I do not, lol. I like to add items for contrast, and size comparison. I have collected a lot of tools in my life so they are the easiest to use.

I couldn’t own a Snap-On truck, I’d bankrupt myself wanting everything in it haha.

Sponsored

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I do not, lol. I like to add items for contrast, and size comparison. I have collected a lot of tools in my life so they are the easiest to use.

I couldn’t own a Snap-On truck, I’d bankrupt myself wanting everything in it haha.
i am a matco toolbox and fine tooth ratchet guy....but snap on everything else

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
i am a matco toolbox and fine tooth ratchet guy....but snap on everything else
I have not tried any Matco tools. Are you saying their ratchets have more teeth than the 82 toot Snap-On ratchets?

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I havent wrenched in 10yrs but i have my giant matco toolbox and hutch still....and the fine tooth matco ratchet was way better than snap-on.....but 10yrs ago matco was different.

OP
OP
Jmeo

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I havent wrenched in 10yrs but i have my giant matco toolbox and hutch still....and the fine tooth matco ratchet was way better than snap-on.....but 10yrs ago matco was different.
Ahh, I would gather the ratchets I have now are better than the ones from 10 years ago. But..... I like tools

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I just went through your take 2 thread....

How tall is your garage...i just built a new one but dont think 9ft tall ceiling is tall enough for a 4 post to park a mustang under the shelby when it's on it
Sponsored