JLT CAI installed, love the whine

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
I must be hard or hearing because I only noticed a little increase in SC whine with the JLT compared to stock. Nothing like a Hellcat.
thats what im saying….its a little louder bur nothing like my friends .0’s with whipples
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
thats what im saying….its a little louder bur nothing like my friends .0’s with whipples
gen 5 whipples dont have any whine at all that you can hear from inside, and not even any from outside as far as I could tell from videos. I did the foster sound tube mod now I have some whine in the cabin.

Waylon997

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Aside from the added noise ( whine ), can you tell a difference in power or the butt dyno? Adding 30HP or so 5% , wondering if that is noticeable?!

cheers!

Tonymustang302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Turbo GT, 2019 GT350 racecar, 2021 GT500
Its noticeable.…..especially down lower

Sponsored

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
I do miss the whine that my 2010 GT500 had and I am a bit jealous of my wife’s Trackhawk as the supercharger is very pronounced.

I think some have ran with the stock lid off however, I suspect it would draw in too much hot air even with the hood rain tray removed.

OP
OP
j.footit

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
yeah, I never said it was louder or similar to any other supercharger. I just said I'm happy I can finally hear it whereas before there was nothing but a faint whine if you stood at the engine with the hood open and rev'd it. To kill 2 birds with one stone, hear the charger AND get over 30+ hp, that's an easy win in my book.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Aside from the added noise ( whine ), can you tell a difference in power or the butt dyno? Adding 30HP or so 5% , wondering if that is noticeable?!

cheers!
Honestly I haven't noticed much if any of a difference in power over stock. Weather has been warm so the higher IAT temps with open element vs stock closed setup may be contributing to that.

Waylon997

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Waylon
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP
Honestly I haven't noticed much if any of a difference in power over stock. Weather has been warm so the higher IAT temps with open element vs stock closed setup may be contributing to that.
thank you for that honest response! I’ve seen and watched many YouTube videos of the JLT, and someone always comments - but the hoods open. Made me think. Dyno #’s and real life street are always different.
Did you install yourself or have a shop do it ? If you , relative easy ?!

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I have JLT and my intake temps are usually within 3 degrees of ambient while moving. You shouldn’t notice any power loss with that intake vs closed.

OP
OP
j.footit

j.footit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500 HP
JLT made a very good video explaining all this. I didn't originally post this to try and lie about my experience to validate my purchase. No reason to do that. I've been posting my experience with my 500 and all the things I do with it because people who posted the same content really helped me with my decision making as well, even the one to purchase the car, so I am sort of paying it forward. I've loved the intake, I find myself hitting the gas every chance I get just to hear it now, my kids love it too and they scream with it haha. The difference in what you feel can be subjective, but everyone in my family says they feel it more, who knows, maybe thats just their brain playing tricks on them because they hear something different too. The 30+ hp is proven time and time again all over youtube. I don't think I've seen a video of a before and after on the 1/4 mile with just this install though, so no hard numbers. Still, here is a good video explaining this intake and testing parameters. Buy it, don't buy it, it's up to you, just hope these posts help. I've got a shiftek H pipe en route as well I'll post about. Thought long on that one, and even though the guy who posted about it had some fitment issues, I couldn't find another mid pipe that sounded anywhere near as good. Will post that up as soon as it gets here.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 - 2006 GT Convertible
At times I can hear my blower completely stock.

Skwibbs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '17 2SS (previous)
Stock you can faintly hear it in normal/quiet at neighborhood speeds. All valves open, maybe at WOT w/ the windows down? It's not a presence or characteristic of the car really. Not even half the SC sound of an LT4 product.

Doesn't mean the car does not sound amazing or better than LT4 equipped cars, because it sure does, especially if we're just talking exhaust note. C7 Z06 w/ some tinkered exhaust is close second though. The new one is gonna be nuts.
Sponsored