Sponsored

JLT Brake Cover

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
I just installed it and to be frank, I was not impressed with the fit. The OE fasteners that they tell you to reuse are not long enough, so I emailed them and was basically told that I didn't what I was doing. I used J-nuts with bolt and got it all to work. But the color and finish are sorta like what is on the car, you can tell Ford didn't make it.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I just installed it and to be frank, I was not impressed with the fit. The OE fasteners that they tell you to reuse are not long enough, so I emailed them and was basically told that I didn't what I was doing. I used J-nuts with bolt and got it all to work. But the color and finish are sorta like what is on the car, but you can tell Ford didn't make it.

Has anyone else had this issue?
Ill tell you in the next day or so.... :cheers:

Tb8983

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Any Pics of the install. I have seen these on ebay and they never put up completed pics

OP
OP
timd38

timd38

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT/CS C6 Corvette
The good news is that I was thinking of getting strut bolt covers, and now I will save my money.

I do have their oik separator and am happy with it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Here is what I ended up doing and it worked fine.

Well after seeing your photo and how you had to put this on your car, is enough for me, I just do not want to unbolt this to clean under there and check Brake fluid, so on Monday I'm calling JLT and sending mine back to them. The video shows that you can use the factory push pins, and it looks like that's not going to work.... Again mine is going back..... :cheers:

Last edited:

Vinny@JLTPerformance

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I've been on vacation so I didn't hear of this. This works with stock pins...we literally have a 16 gt350 and 15 gt at the shop daily. There's also multiple folks with pictures posted in this forum and facebook with stock pins installed. There is only 1 mold we have for this part.

So where inlays the issue? I'll further investigate when I'm back in town next week...

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
Thread cleaned up. Next person (whether user or vendor) that lobs an insult or derails thread will get a warning and then have their account suspended if it continues.
Sponsored