Sponsored

JLT 3.0 Oil Separator

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I just bought the JLT 3.0 Oil Separator passenger, and I noticed that the honeycomb filter is on the valve cover side. I always thought the filter would be on the intake side? Do you guys have the some thing as mine. pic for reference
JLT.PNG
Sponsored

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
I believe if it was on the intake side you would have a much greater chance of the intake pulling the oil through the honeycomb.

OP
OP

TheGame

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I believe if it was on the intake side you would have a much greater chance of the intake pulling the oil through the honeycomb.
But doesn't that mean, if oil accumulates at the bottom the intake can suck the oil up again.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
But doesn't that mean, if oil accumulates at the bottom the intake can suck the oil up again.
Not nearly enough pull for that to happen. That would take quite a bit of vacuum to get it from the bottom of the can, through the can, and out. Whereas if it was just sitting in a honeycomb it could easily be pulled through with airflow. Being on the valve side it pushes it through the comb allowing it to condense on it and drip down. If it was allowed to flow through and the comb was on the intake side it would filter by pulling, and would be far less efficient in removing it from the air and would just eventually be pulled through. There wouldn't be any time for it to condense and drip back down.
Sponsored