• ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are REQUIRED to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Ohio JL Audio dual 12 inch enclosure and subwoofers. CS212LG-TW1 + MRV-M500 Alpine amplifier

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I bought this for my mustang, and it absolutely pounds. Sounds amazing, I recently just upgraded to a bigger badder boy. (new set up ran me over a thousand) so selling an amplifier and subwoofer box.

The box is 730 if you order it from Crutchfield today, 679+tax= 730. I bought it 06/09/2020 and warranty is valid to 06/09/2022. (just use my name/info) if you ever need to utilize warranty with JL. Will provide full receipts and documentations. Below is the information for the subwoofer.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-DdvPSpoRigW/p_13693317/JL-Audio-CS212LG-TW1.html

I am selling an amplifier as well. Its a solid perfect matching amp, its an Alpine MRV-M500, only downfall is I don't have the two little edge trim pieces that goes above the knobs to tighten/losen the screws. can be purchased online 5-10 bucks. I don't have the birth sheet anymore but it was rated at 574 RMS @ 2ohms.
I upgraded both of my cars to JD500x1 amplifier, but its like 250 bucks.

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item-76304-Alpine-MRV-M500.html

Prices
500 for JL box/subs
120 for amplifier

580 for both. Its solid set up, I can hook up the MRV-M500 to the JL and let you hear it.

LOCAL ONLY. I just don't feel like shipping, not worth my time and risk to get damaged, I do have the original shipment box and packaging for the JL box.

The alpine MRV-M500 is under my rear Scion tC trunk liner, so ignore the clutter look.

We can also toss that bad boy in the mustang on my JD500x1 amp, and let you hear its actual sound in a mustang, zero issues with that! Lol if you want to hear my new even bigger subwoofer we can do that too, even if you aren't interested in this, but curious how either of my subs sound in the mustang let me know. if you are local id be more than happy to let you hear them if you don't have a sub and purely curious on whether you want one or not.

FE9FE424-91FD-4D35-BABA-B979C89C329A.JPEG

IMG_8684.JPG

IMG_9002.JPG

IMG_9004.JPG

IMG_9005.JPG

tempImagemXHsPi.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
sorry, I thought I posted.

Dayton, (englewood) to be exact. 45415 if you was from far away, id have no issue helping out with gas money if you was really interested. Its just sitting on my shelf.

I originally had a JL stealth box, but wanted more, moved to this and it blew me away, but then I moved onto the next thing. Crazy how much money I've spent switching around. I swear I find things to do on the cars when there's nothing else to change.

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I'm near Cleveland, I am in the market, did you put this on a 9 speaker factory system? If so is this all I need to add a sub to my setup?

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, I did actually. oh man this is a lot to type, I will try and simplify it.

I purchased a 9speaker premium car. Theres two ways to attach a subwoofer. The EASIEST way, is to use LC2i or whatever, and tap off the rear speaker, you use forescan and you disable factory EQ (I can actually do this and whatever other changes you want if you came) for free, I would have zero issue with that.

I bought the device to change all the things in the car, disable seat belt chimes etc, anyway, by disabling factory EQ, the cars audio became so much better! after that, you just tap the lc2i onto the rear shelf speaker in rear, its how 90% of people do it, and its much simpler.

I went out and did more OEM approach, but its a lot of work and I wouldn't recommend it, in fact, I would of done lc2i from get go, I overpaid for a stupid cord from hex tall, and bought a ACM from hex tall, he sent me one from a like Ford Escape, found that out recently, found out one of the options inside the acm gives me a incompatibility code since I don't have a feature it has its just not matching up, and then I bought a 12 speaker amplifier, and hard wired it into the car like oem.

but anyway yeah, you'd need to get a power wiring kit for the amplifier, lc2i to tap rear speaker, and subwoofer, that's it really. Lc2i is the best line out converter imo. my friends use them and love them, and its preferred on here as well. by disabling factory EQ, the sound is cleaner, and you disable the fake engine sounds, the actual engine in my opinion sounds better too. you can hear my cars audio and hear yours and compare. we can enable/disable it in just minutes and can re enable it if you wanted.

You need the factory EQ disabled though, I can do that for ya, and if you wanted, I can disable the factory middle speaker on dash, the sound system sounds sooooo much better with that disabled/unhooked.

Sponsored

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
but if you did end up in Dayton, we can hook up the subwoofer to either amp, and play the subwoofer in the mustang. Its a really nice woofer. Lc2i isn't too badly priced, there are cheaper line out converters, but trust me, spend the $ on the lc2i over those.

I could be wrong, but I think I read the lc2i is capable of supplying of 400 watts of power on its own, which means if you are happy with 400watts, instead of 500, you could forgo an amp entirely!

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-ExupRVp2KmN/p_161LC2IB/AudioControl-LC2i-Black.html

so lets say you get subwoofer + lc2i $99 + wiring harness $50, that's all you'd need.

at least from what I understand that's how it would work

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Wow, thanks so much for all the info, let me do a little more reading and I'll reach back out to you. Thank you again very much

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I could be wrong about the lc2i, you may need an amplifier in conjunction, we've put them in a ton of cars, and we used both, but im confused due to that fact it supplies up to 400 watts on its own, I know we always tune the lc2i first, before we adjust the gain on the amplifier because they are in piggy backed together.

but this amplifier, its a solid performer, I know it looks dusty in photo and missing those 2 little trim edges, if you did get both it would power it beautifully. the new jl audio amplifiers have built in clipping indicator which I've grown to love and decided to put both of them in each car.

but we can demo the subwoofer on both my JL amp, + alpine amp, so you can see how they sound if you did venture out here.

I just decided to list my items really due to stimulus pending, if it goes through this and my wheels should sell immediately. you have. PP1 so you wouldn't have any interest in my wheels. but I posted an ad, maybe you'd want a winter tire set lol. look in the wheel section, I just posted them up.

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
Could you mount the amp and lc2i to the back of the sub? Also how do I know what kind of wiring cable I need?

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
you could... but.. its a jl box...... I wouldn't really want to damage the box by drilling into it, do you have a spare tire? a lot of guys install the amplifier under the trunk liner, there's a perfect spot to ground off and everything, and hold on. if you got my amp, this is the kit you'd need. give me 2 minutes

Sponsored
OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
This is the wiring kit you would buy. trust me, its the real deal. crutch fields harnesses are awesome, the same comparable kit from best buy or shops etc would run you 120-150 bucks
I've used this same wiring harness in like 10 separate car systems, and has never failed me. its actually what's in both of my cars and my friends cars.

https://www.crutchfield.com/p_007CK4/Crutchfield-CK4.html

I forget its 70 bucks, when you buy an amplifier, they usually give you like 25% off a wiring kit, which is like 20 dollar savings.

Let me know if you have any questions.

T1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT
I see so its just power and ground, I thought it was something that plugged in the radio. Thanks again for all the Info. I'll follow up with you soon

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
oh no, there's nothing plugged into the radio, if you have sync 3, you will either tap into the stock amplifier like I did, but your amplifier will not work 9 speaker amplifier does not physically have the circuit, I tried it on mine, wouldn't play, swapped to 12 speaker amp, and it played. I read it beforehand but wanted to test just because. you also would need to replace the radio acm if you did that too.

easier way is simple really, especially if you do Lc2i, you just tap off the rear speakers in the trunk, all the wiring can be there, routed and hidden nicely. some people even toss the amplifier behind one of the quarter panel interior covers.

OP
OP
FreePenguin

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
When you disable the factory EQ- your rear speakers get full range audio, and your lc2i will take the subwoofer signal from that. just more about hiding the wires/making it look pretty. and getting the power wire from the battery, which is easy, drop it down the fender, and through passenger grommet, run down along the passenger side of car, behind plastics and all that. takes no time really

I lie, it took me all day to install my wiring/sub, but I replaced the ACM/Amplifier/tied into factory stuff. which imo would of done lc2i all day if I knew the issues/pain suffering I would of endured it was cold and miserable
Sponsored