JDM style wheels on S550

Radam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ROBERT
Vehicle(s)
Honda crv, honda s2000, GT350
I've been tempted to contact icb motorsports about seeing if Desmond would make a 19 in them. Regamaster and spoon sw388 are my favorite wheels of all time.

rrivers28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Glad that helps, Work bronze is a great shade! Hereā€™s an example of Emotion Kawamiā€™s on the S550 I think Iā€™m GT Silver you can get an idea off that.

Being that you're the most active on this thread AND you run Japanese wheels, did you have to redrill yours to fit? If so did you do it or take it to a shop?

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Being that you're the most active on this thread AND you run Japanese wheels, did you have to redrill yours to fit? If so did you do it or take it to a shop?
Depends on the application. Work 2p and 3p wheels can be fully customized width, offset, face type, applicable colors, lip types, you can specify M14 and theyā€™ll do it. You should also specify TPMS valve holes. The hubs will be done hub centric based on your application.

For my TEs I had custom wheel shop open up the bolt holes from M12 to M14.

Not all JDM wheels are available in M14. Just make sure to ask whoever is sourcing them for you.

Sponsored

rrivers28

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT
Depends on the application. Work 2p and 3p wheels can be fully customized width, offset, face type, applicable colors, lip types, you can specify M14 and theyā€™ll do it. You should also specify TPMS valve holes. The hubs will be done hub centric based on your application.

For my TEs I had custom wheel shop open up the bolt holes from M12 to M14.

Not all JDM wheels are available in M14. Just make sure to ask whoever is sourcing them for you.
Awesome that answered all I needed to know and more! Thank you again for all your help. Can't wait to post pics here when I do get them

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
Wasn't when I thought I'd be installing them, but things happen when you bend a wheel on your stock PP1 winter setup.
WedsSport SA-15R 19x10.5 +45 square on 305/30r19. 25mm spacer up front for now, but that'll likely change whenever I lower it. Seems to have a decent amount of space between tire and strut.
Weds.png

URSLO_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang gt
Awesome that answered all I needed to know and more! Thank you again for all your help. Can't wait to post pics here when I do get them
So just by curiosity, if i wanted to run work meisters S1 3p or L1 3p, how would you know the disk you need to choose because I'm struggling to find any info with this and want to start my actual waiting period lmao

FM GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aug '16 Built RHD GT
Basically, you need to measure them yourself or get someone else who can do it and either send that info to Work JP for them to figure out if they will fit or not, or send it to your importer so they can send it to Work JP.

I Just saw all your posts trying to get people to send you info and I'm gonna tell you now that nobody is gonna reply because I went through the same thing trying to get help 9 months ago and nobody helped me lmao.

I even emailed Work USA to try and see if they know if the wheels I wanted would fit as I have the performance pack brembos, they said yes (which after measurements and sending to Work JP turned out not to be true as 19" step lip will hit the barrel with brembos).

I ended up getting someone to measure them for me and even then the measurements weren't completely accurate as while the fronts went without issue, the rears didn't as I went with a more aggressive O disk set up. Had some modifications done at the rear and now it all fits.

Again, as I have the performance pack brakes and my rear brake measurements were wrong anyway any info I give you won't be useful as you have the regular brakes.

You also need to specify that you want M14 lug holes as they do M12 standard and you're going to have a bad time ifyou have to redrill your new 3 piece wheels. I didn't specify TPMS as that required a second hole on the barrel and I couldn't find any info if the mustang TPMS sensor fits or not and didn't want to risk having a second hole on my barrel and all that headache. But again, it might, might not, that's up to you to decide. I legally don't need TPMS where I live.

Another info is that your stock lug nuts will not work. You need to get new ones. I went with JDM lug nuts to complete the look, Project Iconix R40 in M14x1.50. They have a 2 piece design that stops your wheels from getting scratched by the lugs but they're fairly pricy.

Btw I waited 8 months for my VSXX to arrive from ordering so it will be a long while for them to come. As far as I know, I'm the only one in the world running this set up. There's one guy running full lip VSXX in Japan on a mustang but he's slammed all the way to the ground with standard brakes.

Anyway here's a pic

9D29811A-8B25-4F09-81C5-E1000CE73673.jpg

Last edited:

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
Anyway here's a pic

Very nice, VSXX were on my shortlist. Very OEM+ PP1 styling. +1 to everything you stated above on figuring out specs/face. Iā€™m waiting on my new JDM wheels ordered back at the end of January, so hopefully Iā€™ll have them by September šŸ„²

There was a guy who ran a LibertyWalk kit on Work Meister M1ā€™s a few years back. Heā€™s moved on to another build.

Sponsored

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1

rxryanm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTP PP1
I still have them, no plans on getting rid of them. Just wanted to change the look up šŸ™ƒ
I understand and respect that haha. I'm gonna keep lusting after a set til the money's right.

URSLO_G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang gt
Basically, you need to measure them yourself or get someone else who can do it and either send that info to Work JP for them to figure out if they will fit or not, or send it to your importer so they can send it to Work JP.

I Just saw all your posts trying to get people to send you info and I'm gonna tell you now that nobody is gonna reply because I went through the same thing trying to get help 9 months ago and nobody helped me lmao.

I even emailed Work USA to try and see if they know if the wheels I wanted would fit as I have the performance pack brembos, they said yes (which after measurements and sending to Work JP turned out not to be true as 19" step lip will hit the barrel with brembos).

I ended up getting someone to measure them for me and even then the measurements weren't completely accurate as while the fronts went without issue, the rears didn't as I went with a more aggressive O disk set up. Had some modifications done at the rear and now it all fits.

Again, as I have the performance pack brakes and my rear brake measurements were wrong anyway any info I give you won't be useful as you have the regular brakes.

You also need to specify that you want M14 lug holes as they do M12 standard and you're going to have a bad time ifyou have to redrill your new 3 piece wheels. I didn't specify TPMS as that required a second hole on the barrel and I couldn't find any info if the mustang TPMS sensor fits or not and didn't want to risk having a second hole on my barrel and all that headache. But again, it might, might not, that's up to you to decide. I legally don't need TPMS where I live.

Another info is that your stock lug nuts will not work. You need to get new ones. I went with JDM lug nuts to complete the look, Project Iconix R40 in M14x1.50. They have a 2 piece design that stops your wheels from getting scratched by the lugs but they're fairly pricy.

Btw I waited 8 months for my VSXX to arrive from ordering so it will be a long while for them to come. As far as I know, I'm the only one in the world running this set up. There's one guy running full lip VSXX in Japan on a mustang but he's slammed all the way to the ground with standard brakes.

Anyway here's a pic

Yea bro. Thanks for the info. Car looks good. I have a buddy thatā€™s been helping me figure it out and with the setup I want to do might have to stretch tires a little. It sucks too cause I have found only one person thatā€™s has work meisters s1 on his mustang. He lives somewhere in Texas and I hit him up and didnā€™t get a reply cause idk the disk info and donā€™t know if he has non pp brakes. He went way more stanced then I wanna go but I donā€™t get why people donā€™t wanna share info on it.
then waiting 8+ Months for them Iā€™m fine with. Just gotta get all the right things to make it happen. Me and my buddy have a good idea on where we need to be but also gotta figure out if they can do the extras onthe wheels.
I appreciate you getting back to me on this cause I was starting to think the site isnā€™t being used by the people who have ideas of this topic lol

MANDARK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16>GT Base>Magnetic>PP
The eagle has landed. Switching things up but still keeping it pretty spicy imho. Went with another tried and true JDM manufacturer Work. Roughly 8 months from ordering custom specs to my doorstep. Going through the test fitting and everything lines up except that stupid front dust cap (insert hammer time joke here), gotta get the tires mounted and all the other stuff that goes along with the game. Full setup wheels on the ground pics soon with a bit of luck šŸ€

4180BFF4-D29F-4BAD-B691-3DD1DC5A7D1D.jpeg

TEST FIT UPDATE: Custom set of WORK ZR10 2P, Glim Black , Polished Lips. Paired with custom Ghost Sapphire titanium lugs from Chasing Jā€™s
98BCE947-FDF1-494E-AEED-AB4A68937771.jpeg

A45D3E13-4F80-4645-A9B9-1C8E8A008749.jpeg

8E512749-0D9E-415F-8043-FCED7E8FEC9A.jpeg

FB4764AB-FDD9-4EA0-900A-7BF21B59F9E0.jpeg

0C3504CA-0B09-49C0-87A9-A5C2B007529A.jpeg

20F6DD49-8BA0-476C-88DB-1022E360C8D9.jpeg

ADC83929-09B3-4A4A-852E-8689CDEF4590.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: