Not open for further replies.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Absolutely not. The customer is not right, the customer is stupid. The customer is always stupid.
:doh::tsk::crazy:....Funny you speak with this level of certainty.

Do some research on successful business folks and see what they have to say on this subject.
Sponsored

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Dear Velgen. Here's some advice.

Customer is always right. If Velgen wants their reputation to remain unscathed, I would do whatever it took to satisfy a unhappy customer as soon as possible even if it meant taking a loss. Not only will it be better for their own rep, but other members will feel more confident in doing business with them in the future.

I'd only like to post one more time about this matter. The truth is, Velgen is a stand up company. I can see Manny placing the order for the customer and then talking to said vendor (whoever was on ebay) on why they were pricing that low.

We as vendors are always asked... and told, if you see someone undercutting you and pricing their product below MAP, let them know. This in turn doesn't ruin the value of a product. In this case I was confirming to Velgen if they indeed were undercutting me... and that was not the case. They were taking a sale away from another dealer who was severely pricing the part WAY below its value.

All I did was try to confirm this, no names were given nor was I trying to take a sale from another shop as I wouldn't price them that low.

I hope this clears up some things.

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I would like to start off by apologizing to everyone for the misunderstanding. The customer found a listing on Ebay for $1800 or best offer; customer stated the best offer price was $1500.The customer then brought the listing to Manny’s attention. We wanted to handle this situation in house with the vendor and customer.

Not knowing the situation, I had received a call from Hypermotive about the issue at hand; I explained there’s no way that could have happened. I had contacted Manny so that he can explain the situation and wanted him to contact the customer and let him know that we would forward the customer to the correct Vendor and that there was a misunderstanding. While making the call to the customer to let him know how we were going to fix this problem, the customer had blown out of proportion, started using explicit language and hung up the phone. I have reached out multiple times to the customer and he will not answer or return my calls.

This situation was a mistake by my employee and I wanted to fix the problem, but have not been able to get in contact with the customer. I would have liked to forward the customer to the correct dealer to fix the problem.

The Mustang community has been a BIG part of Velgen Wheels. As the owner I will always do my best to fix any problems with customer’s, vendor’s, and/or product. I make sure everyday here at Velgen Wheels we offer the best customer service possible. Being in business now, for over 3 years, we have made mistakes. If my team makes mistakes, I will do my best to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Scott G.
Owner
[email protected]

Twenty15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium | DIB
Awesome! Now we have heard from everyone and time to move on. Hypermotive is awesome (provided you send our Corsas) JK, and Velgen for an awesome quality product.

Group hug

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Scott, Jay...You two are the real MVPs. Makes me want to get some Velgens for one of my Mustangs in the future.

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Moral of the story. Keep your deals, your deals.

When I bought my forgestars, I pmed all the dealers on here. Told them, I'm price shopping along with time shipping (quickest to get them) I ordered from who had the 2nd best price, but the fastest time, as that's what I was most concerned with.

And all the prices were VERY close. Not a whole lot of margin unless the dealer is states closer to you that the others

I'll repeat, get the deal you want, then go with it. There are some badass vendors on here that go out of their way to reply to a million emails on weekends etc. some of them like to as a lot of value to their shipments!!!!

OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
I would like to start off by apologizing to everyone for the misunderstanding. The customer found a listing on Ebay for $1800 or best offer; customer stated the best offer price was $1500.The customer then brought the listing to Manny’s attention. We wanted to handle this situation in house with the vendor and customer.

Not knowing the situation, I had received a call from Hypermotive about the issue at hand; I explained there’s no way that could have happened. I had contacted Manny so that he can explain the situation and wanted him to contact the customer and let him know that we would forward the customer to the correct Vendor and that there was a misunderstanding. While making the call to the customer to let him know how we were going to fix this problem, the customer had blown out of proportion, started using explicit language and hung up the phone. I have reached out multiple times to the customer and he will not answer or return my calls.

This situation was a mistake by my employee and I wanted to fix the problem, but have not been able to get in contact with the customer. I would have liked to forward the customer to the correct dealer to fix the problem.

The Mustang community has been a BIG part of Velgen Wheels. As the owner I will always do my best to fix any problems with customer’s, vendor’s, and/or product. I make sure everyday here at Velgen Wheels we offer the best customer service possible. Being in business now, for over 3 years, we have made mistakes. If my team makes mistakes, I will do my best to fix the problem as soon as possible.

Scott G.
Owner
[email protected]

Hey Scott, after you calling me over 5 times and me not picking up after I said I don't want to do business with a company that backs out of their word should've been a hint that I won't be answering any further calls nor do I want to talk to anyone from either company.

I saw another 305 area code pop up today and denied the call as well. I don't know why you're trying to reach me but please stop, this is done and my business has gone elsewhere.

By the way, one of your vendors was advising me against your wheels and to go with the ones "Velgen ripped off" aka the Avant Garde M510, so I guess there is "undercutting" on both ends.

Have a nice night.

Paulie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
My 2c.
If a Velgen employee gave the guy a quote, he should get the deal.
Not sure Hypermotive had a dog in the fight, but I'm not the guy who feels like I need to fix the world/get involved in other people's affairs.
I do understand that if it sounds too good to be true, it wont be true.
Oh, and f***k ebay too.

yjack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB Premium PP MT GT
If I am the seller I would keep the deal, cut the lose and move on. All these drama is not worth that couple hundred dollar differences. Plus it will put some doubt on consumers mind, which could cause some long term damage to the brand...we are not talking about thousands that requires some analysis and evaluations.. It's only couple hundred..

ShoNuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Dodge Recall... I mean Avenger
Who knows - maybe Velgen would have done that if the customer in this situation didn't act like a 12 year old

Sponsored
OP
OP

NewSVO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard boost premium 6mt
Who knows - maybe Velgen would have done that if the customer in this situation didn't act like a 12 year old
Prior to me acting like a 12 year old, I asked if there were routes or exceptions that could be taken and I was told, "no, sorry since the vendor called and is upset for the situation we cannot honor the deal we had with you anymore"

So in my humble opinion, I was right to curse, be mad, and hang up. I blame testosterone.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
1) complaint made
2) complaint debased
3) clearly a resolution was attempted by the seller but the buyer won't have any of it

why is this thread still open; it's just potential bad rep for companies that clearly don't deserve it if someone just reads the thread title

but the drama is so tasty

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Prior to me acting like a 12 year old, I asked if there were routes or exceptions that could be taken and I was told, "no, sorry since the vendor called and is upset for the situation we cannot honor the deal we had with you anymore"

So in my humble opinion, I was right to curse, be mad, and hang up. I blame testosterone.
Wrong answer. Why not be professional? You will get much further in life. But hey, to each their own.

cowzrul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT500, '20 F-Pace SVR, '19 F250
Not to make fun of your story but I every time I get mad at work I blame it on "low T". Works with everybody but my wife. She doesn't believe it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.