Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
This thread has been cleaned up and members have been warned that this forum will not tolerate name calling and insults against others. If you can not have a disagreement with another member while keeping it civil and respectful, your posts and this thread will be subject to removal.
Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
This is going nowhere fast. Let's just move on.

Something happened here, miscommunication, disconnect, misinformation, ....... but no matter how you look at it, the trust between all that are involved has been broken down real bad.

To the vendors, there are plenty of customers out there and to the OP, there are plenty of other wheel manufacturers And distributors out there.

My apologies in advance if i upset anyone.

bluestang50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2020 Explorer ST, 1990 Mustang GT turbo
NewSVO this is a pretty ridiculous thread. Are you really throwing a temper tantrum because some dealer of velgen wheels made a mistake or shady deal on ebay?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I have nothing but good things to say about Jayman and guys over at hypermotive.
He went above and beyond to help me out with my ARH purchase this past weekend.:thumbsup:

Mikeyd56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black Mustang GT Premium PP
I would say the same. I am still waiting for my parts that I ordered but jay at hypermotive has answered all my questions quickly. They gave me quite the deal on both orders. I definitely will be ordering from them again :)

Sponsored

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
In what way are you showing ANY proof that Jay was involved in any wrong doing? I'm still waiting on said proof. All you did was show Manny undercutting his vendors which is apparently someting Scott didn't agree with. This post is a joke lol...if you want to be mad at anyone, it should be Manny for giving you a price he couldn't live up to.

Fox5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP magnetic
I would be pissed too. Use N4SM! They're awesome.
Paul's will hook it up, he's currently helping me get some !

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sorry but I'd be a little salty too if this happened to me.

Customer: Can you beat this price? $1,500
Vendor: That price is too low, who gave you that price?
Customer: Such and such gave me the price...
Vendor: Let me check on this because I could be losing profits...
Customer then loses deal they were hoping for...

I'm not taking sides and this is not personal to me, but I would be upset if that happened as a customer. Yea vendor probably was upset that manufacturer was cutting deals, but there are other ways of dealing with that (like maybe after customer gets their deal closed)... Or maybe just not selling that manufacturers products... Anyways, have a nice day...

bakerjd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If you have a problem with a vendor checking pricing with a manufacturer, you don't understand how aftermarket sales work. Regardless , the anger is misguided.

anotherneon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' base GT w/3.55s
In what way are you showing ANY proof that Jay was involved in any wrong doing? I'm still waiting on said proof. All you did was show Manny undercutting his vendors which is apparently someting Scott didn't agree with. This post is a joke lol...if you want to be mad at anyone, it should be Manny for giving you a price he couldn't live up to.
exactly

Sponsored

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
Sorry but I'd be a little salty too if this happened to me.

Customer: Can you beat this price? $1,500
Vendor: That price is too low, who gave you that price?
Customer: Such and such gave me the price...
Vendor: Let me check on this because I could be losing profits...
Customer then loses deal they were hoping for...

I'm not taking sides and this is not personal to me, but I would be upset if that happened as a customer. Yea vendor probably was upset that manufacturer was cutting deals, but there are other ways of dealing with that (like maybe after customer gets their deal closed)... Or maybe just not selling that manufacturers products... Anyways, have a nice day...
If you have a problem with a vendor checking pricing with a manufacturer, you don't understand how aftermarket sales work. Regardless , the anger is misguided.

I agree with the both of you. I'd definitely be pissed if this happened to me, however I think most of the blame here rests with manufacturer. If that was the original quote given to the customer, it should have been honored regardless of what a vendor says or does. The issues between them regarding undercutting etc. etc. should be sorted out separately and away from the transaction in question. Granted I'm not familiar with the aftermarket industry, but this just seems like the logical thing to do based on my experience in retail sales.

Odd how Velgen has been silent thus far. Are they not aware of this thread?

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
Yeah this is totally Velgen's issue start to finish. IMO Jay has no fault at all here.

2wheels4me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GTPP, Much-Modded Fiat 500 Sport, 911 Carrera S
Hypermotive treated me very fairly and with good pricing. I highly recommend them.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP
Dear Velgen. Here's some advice.

Customer is always right. If Velgen wants their reputation to remain unscathed, I would do whatever it took to satisfy a unhappy customer as soon as possible even if it meant taking a loss. Not only will it be better for their own rep, but other members will feel more confident in doing business with them in the future.

H1 GT

Crew Chief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Vehicle(s)
15 4C, 97 H1
Y'know what, alright. I'm just gonna stay out of this thread.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.